Holly Holm a clear fluke

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if Rousey should fear a Holm rematch, theres no way she does.

Too bad whatever Ronda's next fight is lost about half it's steam last night. For me, anyway.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
the mayweather curse lives on

conor should've kept his big mouth shut lmao

If Conor kept his big mouth shut he wouldn't be netting $10 million right now. He's a respectful guy but he knows how to see fights to fans. Props to McGregor for going up in weight class by 25 pounds on short notice.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if Rousey should fear a Holm rematch, theres no way she does.

Too bad whatever Ronda's next fight is lost about half it's steam last night. For me, anyway.
Meisha's win actually does more for the UFC. Sets up 2 big money fights for UFC instead of just 1.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LMFAO @ McGregor thinking he could stand the speed and skill of Mayweather. He just got his ass kicked by a bar fighter who couldn't spell his name.

Boxing will always be >>>>>>>> MMA.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMFAO @ McGregor thinking he could stand the speed and skill of Mayweather. He just got his ass kicked by a bar fighter who couldn't spell his name.

If you're using Mayweather as a reason boxing is better than MMA, you lose. MMA fighters actually....well, you know...fight.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you're using Mayweather as a reason boxing is better than MMA, you lose. MMA fighters actually....well, you know...fight.

Aye, they do. Clumsily and badly.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aye, they do. Clumsily and badly.
Nah. Just more to it. You can be good at boxing and get beaten by a wrestler with submissions. You can be a great boxer and get beaten by another great boxer who is bigger and has jiu-jitsu on top of his boxing.

There's a lot of good to be said for UFC when they can put on fights with women that are more exciting than any Mayweather fight ever was.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Lol....I'd love to see Floyd defend against kicks and take downs. A lot easier to run around and play defense when you know you're only getting punched. Conor would rock Mayweather like the women Floyd beats on.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nope, I proved you were obviously wrong about her return and now your doing the remy backpedal.

Lol except the reason she couldn't fight Holm was because as I said she was on medical leave due to injury. This is a proven fact which White has confirmed and which is the only reason the rematch didn't happen last night.

White wanted Holm to wait for Rousey to be medically cleared and he said it again last night because he is still pissed that Holm's manager didn't just wait for Rousey rather than fight last night. Last night's fight was never suppose to happen if White had his way and if Rouse didn't get knocked the duck out to the point of injury.

The fact she delayed her return again has nothing to do with the point which was she didn't merely get beat by Holm. She got crushed to the point she was sent to the hospital, was told not to fight for up to 6 months and was suicidal.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Meisha's win actually does more for the UFC. Sets up 2 big money fights for UFC instead of just 1.

Assuming Rousey doesn't get comfy making that movie money and ends up like Carrano. No reason to risk taking a beating if you don't have too.

Although her best play here may be taking on Tate and then retiring as champ. Tate's a much better match up for her as she doesn't fear her striking and Rousey better on the ground than Tate is.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it goes down like this.

Rousey says to White, "I want a shot at my title. Beats the marketable Tate a third time. Then can say to Holms...you want the title Holms? Then come and try to take it again bitch."

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol....I'd love to see Floyd defend against kicks and take downs. A lot easier to run around and play defense when you know you're only getting punched. Conor would rock Mayweather like the women Floyd beats on.

Overrated Irish fool would never get close to him.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, so glad that loudmouth lost.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Lol except the reason she couldn't fight Holm was because as I said she was on medical leave due to injury. This is a proven fact which White has confirmed and which is the only reason the rematch didn't happen last night.

White wanted Holm to wait for Rousey to be medically cleared and he said it again last night because he is still pissed that Holm's manager didn't just wait for Rousey rather than fight last night. Last night's fight was never suppose to happen if White had his way and if Rouse didn't get knocked the duck out to the point of injury.

The fact she delayed her return again has nothing to do with the point which was she didn't merely get beat by Holm. She got crushed to the point she was sent to the hospital, was told not to fight for up to 6 months and was suicidal.

:obama:

They were setting up a rematch for UFC 200, when Ronda was set to return. The movie got pushed back, Rousey asked for more time off, and Holly wasn't going to wait longer, nor should she. Holm was already pressing for a quick fight, but White was waiting on Rousey. After Ronda asked for more time, they immediately scheduled the fight with Tate. This isn't hard remy. Just give it up, you're wrong.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/01/dana-white-ronda-rousey-wont-rematch-champ-holly-holm-at-ufc-200

The real reason UFC women’s bantamweight champion Holly Holm’s next fight is against Miesha Tate is because ex-champ Ronda Rousey’s schedule changed, according to UFC President Dana White.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:

this

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And back to McGregor. You talk all that shit and then lost to a guy who took a fight on 7 days notice. LOL. My only regret is I didn't put more money on Diaz.

I did.

$$$$$$$$$$$

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Overrated Irish fool would never get close to him.

Yeah, maybe....but that would mean Floyd would be running around and not trying to actually fight. I don't see anyway Floyd defends against Conor's kicks and if the fight went to the ground, Floyd would have zero chance.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Despite what Despbro claimed, it's pretty obvious that her win against rousey was a fluke. Get her on the ground, she stands no chance.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk

HH looked clearly in the top-3 equation, even in the loss. Obviously beatable, but 100% a legit contender.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
:obama:

They were setting up a rematch for UFC 200, when Ronda was set to return. The movie got pushed back, Rousey asked for more time off, and Holly wasn't going to wait longer, nor should she. Holm was already pressing for a quick fight, but White was waiting on Rousey. After Ronda asked for more time, they immediately scheduled the fight with Tate. This isn't hard remy. Just give it up, you're wrong.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/01/dana-white-ronda-rousey-wont-rematch-champ-holly-holm-at-ufc-200

You are talking about after the fact. My point is, Holm wanted to fight Rousey last night. That couldn't happen because Rousey got knocked the fuck out and was on a medical suspension. Once it was clear that Rousey would be out for up to 6 months, Holm immediately said she didn't want to wait 6 months and wanted to fight sooner than that.

The below article is from December long before Rousey came back and asked for more time and it is clear that Holm vs Tate was already being considered because Holm didn't want to wait the 6 months for Rousey to recover from getting knocked the fuck out and sent to the hospital. Her manager was lobbying for a fight with Tate because he said Holm likes to stay active and because once again Rousey was knocked the fuck out and injured.

Nowhere in the below does it say Rousey asked for more time. The movie delay came later after Holm had already said she wasn't going to wait 6 months. Subsequent to that Rousey said she wasn't going to come back in July but wanted until October. So the original reason why the rematch didn't happen last night was once again because Rousey got knocked the fuck out and had to recover from her injuries.

http://larrybrownsports.com/mma/holly-holm-miesha-tate-rousey-rematch/284329