Horrible Trade Ideas Go Here...

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Another team will probably sign him soon with all the injuries. But we could still trade for him!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am going to go with trade Anthony Miller for a TE, Howard/Gisecki/Brate/Boyle....

lets cut out the cancer early and get something we need right now. We have 4 guys who can step up and be Miller.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
MOD changed the thread title?

1020f5d44ad213505bdedd3e679dfd01.gif

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
At his best, Eli’s floor and ceiling equal Mitchell’s. Yeah, let’s trade to get an old Trubisky.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He’s still way better than Mitch and who else can they realistically acquire this season?
I disagree. I'm not a fan of Mitch, but Eli is not better and offers zero upside. For Eli's entire career he's never been consistently good. He's always been extremely streaky. His 2 Superbowl MVPs were just him and more importantly that Defense, getting hot at the right time.

The thing frustrated fans have to keep in mind is that Mitch hasn't played much QB. He's had one year as a starter in college, a training wheel season with John Fox and then a drastically different system with Nagy. If you include that he didn't play the first 2 games of last season he's technically just starting game 17 with Nagy. Also, let's remember there must have been a conversation between Pace and Nagy that QB development was an important part of his hiring.

He's shown some flashes. I don't think he's has 'it', but I also thing it's too early to hit the reset button with the most important position in pro football.

Maybe look at it this way. The team goes a different direction and dumps him for whatever they can get (let's say it's the Josh Rosen ~2nd rounder compensation). If he goes on to become a player then it was a case of the Bears reaching for a player, not committing to his development, then moving on all to quick. That's the type of thing GMs get fired over.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'm in the Kaep Kamp all day. Agree with @truthbedamned he is the perfect fit for this offense and doesn't need to be brought in as a backup. Bring him in knowing he is here to compete for a starting role. Hell nagy would love to line him and mitch up in the wildcat.
Kaepernick will never get a job in the NFL, so we have to stop talking about him as a viable option.

I completely think he should have a job and had a job this entire time, but it's just not going to happen. Remember, the NFL is a partnership of 32 teams. It's not a publicly traded company or somewhere that has to adhere with generally accepted employment standards.

Let's just think of it as a bunch of old white guys running their business the way they seem fit. Colin became a lightning rod for minority rights and used these old white guys business as a platform for one of the most successful non-violent protests. I'm not saying some of those owners didn't agree with his message, but rather they have a lot invested in controlling the product they produce and for an anthem every gameday they lost all control of the narrative. More importantly, this was an example of how other players can use that platform in the future.

That group of white guys settled a rumored $10M lawsuit just to have this swept under the rug. It would be completely insane for one of the 32 business partners whom all care greatly about controlling their product more than winning championships, to go rouge and sign Kaep. It's just not going to happen.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I disagree. I'm not a fan of Mitch, but Eli is not better and offers zero upside. For Eli's entire career he's never been consistently good. He's always been extremely streaky. His 2 Superbowl MVPs were just him and more importantly that Defense, getting hot at the right time.

The thing frustrated fans have to keep in mind is that Mitch hasn't played much QB. He's had one year as a starter in college, a training wheel season with John Fox and then a drastically different system with Nagy. If you include that he didn't play the first 2 games of last season he's technically just starting game 17 with Nagy. Also, let's remember there must have been a conversation between Pace and Nagy that QB development was an important part of his hiring.

He's shown some flashes. I don't think he's has 'it', but I also thing it's too early to hit the reset button with the most important position in pro football.

Maybe look at it this way. The team goes a different direction and dumps him for whatever they can get (let's say it's the Josh Rosen ~2nd rounder compensation). If he goes on to become a player then it was a case of the Bears reaching for a player, not committing to his development, then moving on all to quick. That's the type of thing GMs get fired over.
The voice of rationality. Fucking Amen.

kg1187

Liked Posts:

I was referring to Dalton in my post.

Mitch has clearly regressed in his third season. A lack of experience doesn’t explain Mitch’s obvious lack of natural passing ability.

People need to realize that by clinging to Mitch they’re pissing away a generation defense.

It’s all about protecting Mitch as a asset while wasting the teams most valuable asset in the defense, specially Mack’s peak years.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
MOD changed the thread title?

1020f5d44ad213505bdedd3e679dfd01.gif

And merged. There were trade for Eli, trade for Big Ben, and trade for Kaep all on page 1. It was getting to be a bit much...

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
And merged. There were trade for Eli, trade for Big Ben, and trade for Kaep all on page 1. It was getting to be a bit much...

Good thing I saw that before making a 'Trade for MIKE GLENNON' thread. Just doesn't have the same effect when it's swept in to the same pile as all the other nonsense.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Good thing I saw that before making a 'Trade for MIKE GLENNON' thread. Just doesn't have the same effect when it's swept in to the same pile as all the other nonsense.
I probably woulda let it roll for an hour or so for the comedic value.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Eli has a no trade clause in his contract. He cant be the team-switching MVP this season fellas.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You’ve started on the dark path towards Urblockism my friend. Merged threads. New thread titles. Can anyone become a mod here and not let the power go to his head??!!!! ?

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am going to go with trade Anthony Miller for a TE, Howard/Gisecki/Brate/Boyle....

lets cut out the cancer early and get something we need right now. We have 4 guys who can step up and be Miller.

What is really depressing...we used to have Greg Olsen.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Kaepernick will never get a job in the NFL, so we have to stop talking about him as a viable option.

I completely think he should have a job and had a job this entire time, but it's just not going to happen. Remember, the NFL is a partnership of 32 teams. It's not a publicly traded company or somewhere that has to adhere with generally accepted employment standards.

Let's just think of it as a bunch of old white guys running their business the way they seem fit. Colin became a lightning rod for minority rights and used these old white guys business as a platform for one of the most successful non-violent protests. I'm not saying some of those owners didn't agree with his message, but rather they have a lot invested in controlling the product they produce and for an anthem every gameday they lost all control of the narrative. More importantly, this was an example of how other players can use that platform in the future.

That group of white guys settled a rumored $10M lawsuit just to have this swept under the rug. It would be completely insane for one of the 32 business partners whom all care greatly about controlling their product more than winning championships, to go rouge and sign Kaep. It's just not going to happen.
Seems we could just let Mitch run wild if we want a Keapernick type QB. Mitch is a better runner then Kaep.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

To a lot of posters here your response is just a bunch of excuses. To me it's a breath of fresh air.