nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Salt water, i'm going salt water. Pay the fuck attention will ya
Just a general comment on salt water pools...they are still chlorinated. The difference is instead of dumping in liquid chlorine, or using tablets in a floating device or in line chlorinator, a salt water system uses an electrolysis process to generate chlorine from salt. This creates a lower level of chlorination from a ppm perspective vs traditionally treated pools, and has some drawbacks and advantages.

I know way more about pool maintenance than I want to at this point, but feel free to hit me up for any pool maintenance tips.

PS - Bromine > chlorine for hot tub applications

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Just a general comment on salt water pools...they are still chlorinated. The difference is instead of dumping in liquid chlorine, or using tablets in a floating device or in line chlorinator, a salt water system uses an electrolysis process to generate chlorine from salt. This creates a lower level of chlorination from a ppm perspective vs traditionally treated pools, and has some drawbacks and advantages.

I know way more about pool maintenance than I want to at this point, but feel free to hit me up for any pool maintenance tips.

All I can add is that swimming in Salt water pools feels much nicer on your skin than swimming in standard chlorine pools.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thanks @nvanprooyen . What would be some of the drawbacks ?