Houston and Young the new Brown and Ogunleye

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I don't suppose anyone could or will give it a rest on the Shea McClellin bashing until after he's been playing LB for a while. It's a wonder players would even want to play for this team,w/ all the hate and dead horse beaters on these forums.
Actually just a bunch of wanna be gm assholes that can't let go of hatred!

I love Shea. Of course, like almost every Bears fan, I was a little bit confused by the pick, but he's one of ours now, so for that I support him through thick and thin. But let's look at the facts, he sucks right now. Maybe he can pick it up at LB, but maybe not. Until he does start playing like a Monster of the Midway, I'm going to be commenting on his flaws. You don't see me ever commenting on every mistake Briggs makes, do you? It's because I've grown to love Briggs. He deserves every second of love that I give him. Sure, he doesn't know me, but I know that I will always have a place in my heart for Lance Briggs because of what he's given to this team. If Lance Briggs ever showed up to my front steps homeless, I would give him food and shelter. Shea McClellin hasn't done shit for this great franchise yet.

Liked Posts:
So they are both average? That is nothing to get excited about

Houston has been a highly rated (top 10) DE the last 3 years. Don't pay any attention to his PFF Pass Rush grade, it makes NO sense.

Although Willie Young may not be proven or a legit #2, this line has been improved. I also think that Wootton will be added into the mix as well & that rounds out a very nice rotation, IMO.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
both new DEs and Mundy are credited as being good to great against the run. If we can go back to forcing teams to be one dimensional by shutting down the run at the line (Bostic was a better thumper in college than he was last year, but that can improve), then our line will be able to pin their ears back on third down and those get drive-ending sacks and game ending sacks that make sports center on monday

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
both new DEs and Mundy are credited as being good to great against the run. If we can go back to forcing teams to be one dimensional by shutting down the run at the line (Bostic was a better thumper in college than he was last year, but that can improve), then our line will be able to pin their ears back on third down and those get drive-ending sacks and game ending sacks that make sports center on monday

Maybe, but the pass rush would have to improve too. I know everyone's focused on the run, and rightfully so, but the pass rush was almost as bad. It just never got exposed as much because teams could gain 5 ypc.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Maybe, but the pass rush would have to improve too. I know everyone's focused on the run, and rightfully so, but the pass rush was almost as bad. It just never got exposed as much because teams could gain 5 ypc.

Well, Phil discussed how these guys get a lot of QB pressures, which I take to mean that they both have high motors. Combine that with the fact that these guys are coming in with a clean slate and have an opportunity to really make an impact. I am sure that they are motivated enough to bring the hustle every play. Both Houston and Young are supposed to be versatile, so if we hit on a DT in the draft (and maybe bring back Melton) our pass rush should be vastly improved.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I don't suppose anyone could or will give it a rest on the Shea McClellin bashing until after he's been playing LB for a while. It's a wonder players would even want to play for this team,w/ all the hate and dead horse beaters on these forums.

BREAKING NEWS!!! Henry Melton says No to Bears offer and goes to Dallas, who offered him less money. When asked why he turned the Bears down, he said "Well, those assholes on CCS are just too much."

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I love Shea. Of course, like almost every Bears fan, I was a little bit confused by the pick, but he's one of ours now, so for that I support him through thick and thin. But let's look at the facts, he sucks right now. Maybe he can pick it up at LB, but maybe not. Until he does start playing like a Monster of the Midway, I'm going to be commenting on his flaws. You don't see me ever commenting on every mistake Briggs makes, do you? It's because I've grown to love Briggs. He deserves every second of love that I give him. Sure, he doesn't know me, but I know that I will always have a place in my heart for Lance Briggs because of what he's given to this team. If Lance Briggs ever showed up to my front steps homeless, I would give him food and shelter. Shea McClellin hasn't done shit for this great franchise yet.

Wow what the fuck was I talking about? I was definitely blacked out when I wrote this.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Did we already?? Maybe we should see how our FA pan out before we judge? I know alot want 12 mil/year FA but didn't happen this year. I'll take Houstons power and versatility over Michael Bennett, but that's just me.

holy shit

:facepalm:

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Oh god no. No one is capable of actually admitting that Shea's tape outta Boise showed more promise with him playing in space than in the trenches. Anyone with half a brain knew that he was undersized to at the DE position and would struggle as a pass rusher. But we had so much depth at LB with Briggs, Urlacher, Roach, etc...that he best fit as a 3rd down rush end. Then last years debacle with two ACL tears in our DT rotation occur, we literally start pulling in DTs off the street and STARTING them with 2-3 days coaching, kicking our DEs inside to compensate...and then the guy we knew wasn't a true DE is now playing 2 or even 3 out of every 4 downs...And now we are calling Shea a failure. I'd be willing to bet if our DL wasn't decimated last season we would have already seen Shea at the Sam, given how poorly Greene and Bostic were at it.

Ya know, if McClellin is too small for a DE, that would make Willie Young too small as well.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
BREAKING NEWS!!! Henry Melton says No to Bears offer and goes to Dallas, who offered him less money. When asked why he turned the Bears down, he said "Well, those assholes on CCS are just too much."

Ever read a Cowboys MB?? It's fairly sane here in comparison.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Calm down Francis. Every team has hard core fans that are way to critical and last time I checked Nfl players are not going to base where they plY off the CCS message boards.

Emery: Jared Allen would you want to play for us at 2 years 18 million? Jared: Hmmm good offer but the CCS message boArds fans are a bunch if assholes. That's a Deal beaker for me.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did we already?? Maybe we should see how our FA pan out before we judge? I know alot want 12 mil/year FA but didn't happen this year. I'll take Houstons power and versatility over Michael Bennett, but that's just me.

:whoosh: