How about Doug Plank as a hire?

BearsFan!

Liked Posts:
Ok, I was just reading that he recently resigned as Orlando Predators coach. He has some experience and he seems like he would excite the fan base and he has won as a coach (AFL) and has the pedigree.

Below are some quotes from him as a coach (granted, it was with in AFL, but he has won)

Question: “If you could be like any NFL head coach, who would it be?”

DP: Good question. I’ve tried to learn something and adopt their positive techniques and incorporate things from all the coaches I’ve been privileged to meet into my style of coaching. I couldn’t point to a single coach. There’s some coach that I’ve really admired. I respected the determination of Woody Hayes, I benefited from the ingenuity of Buddy Ryan in Chicago. Being around Mike Ditka his ability to clearly define where he wanted to go. His passion and emotion, and his communication skills, but I want to me myself.

Question: “What does it take to play in the AFL?”

DP: The ability to listen and not make mental mistakes is most important. To play this game of football, you need to eliminate mental mistakes, and that’s why players who make the same mistake won’t be around very long. You have to trust the person next to you.

“My style is to always give a 100 percent in everything I do and that is the type of mentality that we will be looking for from our entire organization.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
David-Tennant-doctor-who-33017006-537-336.gif

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Um most of the jokers on this board won't even know who Doug is? Until they google him

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Doug needs to find some better role models.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love me some Doug Plank as a player and I enjoy the AFL but no.

Why do people always gravitate to former Bears to be our coaches?

XaosGorilla

Liked Posts:
Didn't the Bears bring in Harris as a Coaches Assistant last year? While I would think he would be better suited to working with the safeties, I'd like to see him move up the "coaching ladder".

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Didn't the Bears bring in Harris as a Coaches Assistant last year? While I would think he would be better suited to working with the safeties, I'd like to see him move up the "coaching ladder".

He's a defensive quality control coach, which is sort of like being an intern. It's horrible hours and lots of menial tasks, but the benefit is the experience and the knowledge that it provides, which prepares guys to move up in their careers.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/...ontrol-coach-denver-broncos-football-scouting

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
One of them was also just fired and Mike Singletary is a laughing stock as a HC who only got hired by his buddy... who again, just got fired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of them was also just fired and Mike Singletary is a laughing stock as a HC who only got hired by his buddy... who again, just got fired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

No he wasn't. None of us even remember him dropping his pants.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Considering the fact the method by which Plank or for that matter Gary Fensik hit folks is now illegal and would lead to massive fines for the players, I'm not sure this would be such a great move.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Maybe because two of them just coached playoff teams?

That's the thing though, they never want the winners. They want the guys who already proved they couldn't hack it with other teams.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Considering the fact the method by which Plank or for that matter Gary Fensik hit folks is now illegal and would lead to massive fines for the players, I'm not sure this would be such a great move.
Those two were fun to watch. Today they would get tossed before the first half was over.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
While I don't agree with the idea of Plank being the next linebackers coach or defensive line coach the idea of Plank coaching here isn't as far fetched as Steve McMichael.

Plank has been a successful coach for well over a decade in the AFL. Everywhere Plank has been as a coach he's had major success. If everyone is so giddy about Marc Trestman's success in the CFL after mediocre stints in the NFL, then I don't see why they couldn't respect Plank being hired.

Plank has more than paid his dues and deserves a shot in the NFL if he wants one.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
The fact that he or any player played for the Bears 30 years ago is irrlevant

Did Bill Belichick ever play for the Patriots?