How about Doug Plank as a hire?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
While I don't agree with the idea of Plank being the next linebackers coach or defensive line coach the idea of Plank coaching here isn't as far fetched as Steve McMichael.

Plank has been a successful coach for well over a decade in the AFL. Everywhere Plank has been as a coach he's had major success. If everyone is so giddy about Marc Trestman's success in the CFL after mediocre stints in the NFL, then I don't see why they couldn't respect Plank being hired.

Plank has more than paid his dues and deserves a shot in the NFL if he wants one.
The meatball is strong with this one

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Maybe because two of them just coached playoff teams?
The fact that Rivera who was an average LB for the Bears and Harbaugh who was a below average QB for the Bears played football in Chicago 25 years ago had zero to do with coaching in playoff games for Carolina and SF respectively.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
The meatball is strong with this one
Again another fucktard. Let me explain this again, I'm not an advocate for Plank coming to coach for the Bears but certainly one of the most successful coaches in Arena League football history deserves a shot some where in the NFL.

He's more than paid his dues and his success speaks volumes. You can pretend to know something about these guys or you can actually learn something about him, or you can simply shut the FUCK up.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Plank

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Again another fucktard. Let me explain this again, I'm not an advocate for Plank coming to coach for the Bears but certainly one of the most successful coaches in Arena League football history deserves a shot some where in the NFL.

He's more than paid his dues and his success speaks volumes. You can pretend to know something about these guys or you can actually learn something about him, or you can simply shut the FUCK up.

Success in the AFL whispers. It doesn't speak volumes.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:

Wow you have anger issues. That must mean you are tough like Doug Plank!!

You should be a GM. I think the NFL could use an influx of arena league coaches. They can hire a lingerie league coach for offensive coordinator!

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Ok, I was just reading that he recently resigned as Orlando Predators coach. He has some experience and he seems like he would excite the fan base and he has won as a coach (AFL) and has the pedigree.

Below are some quotes from him as a coach (granted, it was with in AFL, but he has won)

Question: “If you could be like any NFL head coach, who would it be?”

DP: Good question. I’ve tried to learn something and adopt their positive techniques and incorporate things from all the coaches I’ve been privileged to meet into my style of coaching. I couldn’t point to a single coach. There’s some coach that I’ve really admired. I respected the determination of Woody Hayes, I benefited from the ingenuity of Buddy Ryan in Chicago. Being around Mike Ditka his ability to clearly define where he wanted to go. His passion and emotion, and his communication skills, but I want to me myself.

Question: “What does it take to play in the AFL?”

DP: The ability to listen and not make mental mistakes is most important. To play this game of football, you need to eliminate mental mistakes, and that’s why players who make the same mistake won’t be around very long. You have to trust the person next to you.

“My style is to always give a 100 percent in everything I do and that is the type of mentality that we will be looking for from our entire organization.

Need More Info...

Which coaching position(s) are you asking about?

What's Plank's coaching experience?

Here's his coaching exp:

As coach:
■Georgia Force (OC) (2001-2003)
■Georgia Force (2005-2008)
■Philadelphia Soul (2012)
■Orlando Predators (2013)

Career highlights and awards
■2× AFL Coach of the Year (2005 & 2007)

Yes, I'd consider hiring him as DC and LB coach. But I'd let Tucker pick his own guys.