How can a player be offsides…

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Here you go. The Lion center drew him offsides.
And if you can't accept the TV clock is not the same as the official timer there's just no hope for you.

And if that's not drawing him offsides it's much worse than the rule change they put on Olin's hand shake. He picked up his head, put it back down and then paused before snapping.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here you go. The Lion center drew him offsides.
And if you can't accept the TV clock is not the same as the official timer there's just no hope for you.

And if that's not drawing him offsides it's much worse than the rule change they put on Olin's hand shake. He picked up his head, put it back down and then paused before snapping.

the official time is kept on the sideline the24 second clock is not actually official, been that way for 40 years

jc456

Liked Posts:
Take a screenshot of the clock with 2 seconds on it. It's no different. It's not like he just moved there at 0.
Also you can't go by the TV clock. And you taking a bad video of your TV with your phone is not exactly high def.
Huh? The stations post the clock! It read 00. What didn’t you see?

If you watched the game, Goldman was pointing to the clock, and screaming.

I honestly don’t understand fks like you! Are you just an ignorant fk?

And if you could read lips , even Nagy said it was 2 seconds after 00 to the refs. But fk, you saw it different! Hahaha.

I bet you thought the kick returner didn’t catch the ball ahead of getting tackled that was called fictitiously interference! Sad shit mf!

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Huh? The stations post the clock! It read 00. What didn’t you see?

If you watched the game, Goldman was pointing to the clock, and screaming.

I honestly don’t understand fks like you! Are you just an ignorant fk?

If you think what is on the network's overlay is the official clock you should be complaining about this almost every play of every game.

I'm not saying it wasn't delay of game. I'm saying there's no proof of it in that video. There is a center bobbing his head up and down like Kreutz shaking his hand.

jc456

Liked Posts:
If you think what is on the network's overlay is the official clock you should be complaining about this almost every play of every game.

I'm not saying it wasn't delay of game. I'm saying there's no proof of it in that video. There is a center bobbing his head up and down like Kreutz shaking his hand.
I don’t think Goldman was watching the tv. The ref doesn’t hold the play clock, so you just remain a fkwad

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don’t think Goldman was watching the tv. The ref doesn’t hold the play clock, so you just remain a fkwad

That's who got the penalty?
Players never point to others when they do something wrong. So he wasn't going by the headbob or watching the ball (which doesn't move), he was watching the clock?
As far as I know that's off sides. He doesn't have to touch a player to get delay of game, that is the ref's call. He only has to touch that center for drawing him off sides.

Hyatt just told me that clock he was watching isn't the official time either.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
the official time is kept on the sideline the24 second clock is not actually official, been that way for 40 years

"OFFICIAL TIME Article 4The stadium electric clock shall be the official time. The game clock operator shall start and stop the clock upon the signal of any official in accordance with the rules. The Line Judge (15-5-2) shall supervise timing of the game, and in case the stadium clock becomes inoperative, or if it is not being operated correctly, he shall take over official timing on the field"

jc456

Liked Posts:
Take a screenshot of the clock with 2 seconds on it. It's no different. It's not like he just moved there at 0.
Also you can't go by the TV clock. And you taking a bad video of your TV with your phone is not exactly high def.
You can’t see 00? Seriously? You can’t be that much of a dick!

Last edited:

jc456

Liked Posts:
That's who got the penalty?
Players never point to others when they do something wrong. So he wasn't going by the headbob or watching the ball (which doesn't move), he was watching the clock?
As far as I know that's off sides. He doesn't have to touch a player to get delay of game, that is the ref's call. He only has to touch that center for drawing him off sides.

Hyatt just told me that clock he was watching isn't the official time either.
Yep, obviously you didn’t watch the game

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I know technically that since they go off a different clock than the tv clock theres always an out to absolve. But the TV clock and the official clock are pretty much always in sync. And you can tell by the reaction of the bears sideline that the clocks are in sync. The Bears player jumped offside so it’s moot. But at the same time I don’t really agree with the “their clock is actually different from your clock.” Technically yeah. But they’re in sync pretty much always. And you’re also giving them an out from ever having to take responsibility for calling it wrong. They can just always be like “well, our clocks different so…”

jc456

Liked Posts:
"OFFICIAL TIME Article 4The stadium electric clock shall be the official time. The game clock operator shall start and stop the clock upon the signal of any official in accordance with the rules. The Line Judge (15-5-2) shall supervise timing of the game, and in case the stadium clock becomes inoperative, or if it is not being operated correctly, he shall take over official timing on the field"
The 24 second clock is kept by the stadium clock, it’s kept at both ends of the field so both teams see it! Goldman saw it 00, so did Nagy and most every bear fan but you

jc456

Liked Posts:
I know technically that since they go off a different clock than the tv clock theres always an out to absolve. But the TV clock and the official clock are pretty much always in sync. And you can tell by the reaction of the bears sideline that the clocks are in sync. The Bears player jumped offside so it’s moot. But at the same time I don’t really agree with the “their clock is actually different from your clock.” Technically yeah. But they’re in sync pretty much always. And you’re also giving them an out from ever having to take responsibility for calling it wrong. They can just always be like “well, our clocks different so…”
Has nothing to do with the official clock, it’s the play clock! Come on man, don’t you follow football?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Yep, obviously you didn’t watch the game

You are a fucking dumbass. How do you think I got that video edited?

You can’t see 00? Seriously? You can’t be that much of a sick!

That is the network overlay you dipshit. That scoreboard you see on the screen isn't part of the stadium either.

Anyone who watches football knows when the fans at home complain about the clock you get the same excuse I gave. Maybe it's you who have never watched a game.

The 24 second clock is kept by the stadium clock, it’s kept at both ends of the field so both teams see it! Goldman saw it 00, so did Nagy and most every bear fan but you

We're looking down the lines and you could see the ENDS of the field?
Ate a lot of paint chips as a kid didn't you?

jc456

Liked Posts:
You are a fucking dumbass. How do you think I got that video edited?

That is the network overlay you dipshit. That scoreboard you see on the screen isn't part of the stadium either.

Anyone who watches football knows when the fans at home complain about the clock you get the same excuse I gave. Maybe it's you who have never watched a game.

We're looking down the lines and you could see the ENDS of the field?
Ate a lot of paint chips as a kid didn't you?
Goldman and Nagy could! And the network had it as well! Hahaha fkwad

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
When the clock hits zero, it's a penalty. Refs can't give leeway. It's not an option. This was a horrible call by the officials.

The rule is that it hits 0, the official notices it, and blows the whistle. It's not a penalty until the refs blow the whistle. So basically, you have however many seconds it takes for the ref to blow the whistle AFTER the clock hits 0. They don't prepare to blow the whistle at 1 second and then blow it at 0.

Conversely, the NBA shot clock goes off at 0. It's a clear audible sound, if the ball hasn't left the player's hand it's a violation. This probably wouldn't work in large, loud, open air NFL stadiums.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Goldman and Nagy could! And the network had it as well! Hahaha fkwad

Tell me exactly where you see this official clock at the ends of the field?

Sounds to me like your story is changing oh smart one who can't figure out how to reply on an internet forum.

slo1.png

jc456

Liked Posts:
Tell me exactly where you see this official clock at the ends of the field?

Sounds to me like your story is changing oh smart one who can't figure out how to reply on an internet forum.

View attachment 14509
I didn’t say I did, I said Goldman and Nagy did! You can’t follow along huh?

jc456

Liked Posts:
Like I said, the story is changing now.

I think you did say you did, or at least claimed I should've.
Here’s how long the clock was at 00:

Goldman set, then he starts to move then he stands up, then he steps towards the line, not sure he crossed though, then he fking points at the end play clock.

Attachments

• E3ED17D4-76A1-49CB-A3C9-60CAA8E8A0F5.jpeg
    E3ED17D4-76A1-49CB-A3C9-60CAA8E8A0F5.jpeg
    956.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 10F58AF8-2015-498B-BA0C-EA30F07E5A16.jpeg
    10F58AF8-2015-498B-BA0C-EA30F07E5A16.jpeg
    948.6 KB · Views: 3
  • BF3BF998-9583-4CE2-9DCF-F4444C119721.jpeg
    BF3BF998-9583-4CE2-9DCF-F4444C119721.jpeg
    969.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 311AA957-F2BF-49E2-892D-6F237A299B11.jpeg
    311AA957-F2BF-49E2-892D-6F237A299B11.jpeg