How Deep Will The Hawks Go?

How Deep Into the Post-Season Will The Hawks Go?

• Conference Quarter-Finalist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conference Semi-Finalist

• Conference Finalist

• Stanley Cup Finalist

• Stanley Cup Winner

• Total voters

R K

The Flames series didn't feel that bad, All six games looked like we could win if I remember correctly. Barker was on fire that series.

Flames came out and almost won game 1 at the UC. They beat the shit out of the Hawks/Physically. They throttled us in Calgary both 2 and 4. They hit in that series so much it cost them in the long run as the Hawks started burning them for it.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Flames came out and won game 1 at the UC. They beat the shit out of the Hawks. They hit in that series so much it cost them in the long run as the Hawks started burning them for it.

no man, we won game 1 at the UC. That series the first four games were all won by the home team.

R K

Anybody wishing for the Hawks to stay at the 6 seed remember this. In the history of expansion, 1967 to present day, no 6-8 seed has ever won the Cup.

R K

no man, we won game 1 at the UC. That series the first four games were all won by the home team.

I miss typed it. they almost won game 1 at the UC. Havlat won it in Overtime.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I miss typed it. they almost won game 1 at the UC. Havlat won it in Overtime.

yeah, and when that happened I just knew we were going to win the series (though looking back, I was mostly just assumptive because we hadn't been in the playoffs for so long lol)

supraman

Liked Posts:
Anybody wishing for the Hawks to stay at the 6 seed remember this. In the history of expansion, 1967 to present day, no 6-8 seed has ever won the Cup.

However they have gone to the finals. Edmonton vs Carolina. The Oil were 8th seed

R K

However they have gone to the finals. Edmonton vs Carolina. The Oil were 8th seed

And that's the only one in 45 years. That gives confidence. Although had Theodore not been hurt in the WCF's the Oilers probably win that Cup.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
could be but again they didn't win. So two teams. Odds are 6-8th are not winning the Cup.

History is made to be changed, It all depends on whos hot coming in, sometimes its the way the puck bounces. I am one that wants the 6th seed. But it also can come back and haunt us. So who knows. I just want a healthy squad coming in, and if we can get a healthy JT and rested Keith it could be a great run.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Where the Flyers not 8th seed also?

Nope. They were the 7th.

On an intresting, and trivial aside, the playoff bracket of 2010 was unique as far as I can tell: the East and west up until the final PERFECTLY mirrored each other:

1st round W: 1 def. 8, 2 def. 7, 3 def. 6, 5 def. 4. 1st round E: 8 Def. 1, 7 Def. 2 6 Def. 3, 4 Def. 5.

2nd round W: 1 Def. 5, 2 Def. 3. 2nd round E: 4 def. 8, 7 def. 6. In the west the top teams won, in the east the bottom teams won this round.

3rd round W: 2 def. 1. 3rd round E: 7 def. 8. n the west the bottom team won and in the east the top team won.

supraman

Liked Posts:
could be but again they didn't win. So two teams. Odds are 6-8th are not winning the Cup.

I'd be happy with the cup finals loss. Since we're gonna be better next year

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
I'd be happy with the cup finals loss. Since we're gonna be better next year

I wouldn't. That means I pay the Hawks 2,500 bucks, then have to come up with 2.700 or so within a month to pay for next season.

R K

I wouldn't. That means I pay the Hawks 2,500 bucks, then have to come up with 2.700 or so within a month to pay for next season.

Well it's easier to say when you aren't paying for the product. STH's take the brunt. Not knocking anyone that's just the way it is.

I'd rather lose in the first round than in the Finals. Since I have to pay for the "better" team next year anyway.

and sure Acco History is meant to be broken. The Hawks were within an INCH of doing so last year, but they didn't and that's why it's rare.

in 47 years it's never been done. I'd say that's some pretty fucked odds.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well it's easier to say when you aren't paying for the product. STH's take the brunt. Not knocking anyone that's just the way it is.

I'd rather lose in the first round than in the Finals. Since I have to pay for the "better" team next year anyway.

and sure Acco History is meant to be broken. The Hawks were within an INCH of doing so last year, but they didn't and that's why it's rare.

please stop your nonsense with posting FACTS

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:

I wouldn't say 47 years, beacuse keep in mind the current seeding process is relitivly new. Most of our lives it was

1 vs 4

2 vs 3

1 vs 4

2 vs 3

divisional format.

R K

I wouldn't say 47 years, beacuse keep in mind the current seeding process is relitivly new. Most of our lives it was

1 vs 4

2 vs 3

1 vs 4

2 vs 3

divisional format.

79-80 but since expansion in 67 none have won.

Doesn't mean it can't happen, everyone who played the Lottery the other day had a chance to win as well.

Anyone claim that ticket?

And most of your life, but thanks for making me younger.

supraman

Liked Posts:

Hawks were the only team to pull the goalie in a playoff game and get the tying goal.