How do you see the draft falling?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Now that the combine is over....

Who do you think the teams before us will draft? Now how you would like it fall, but how do think it will really happen? Who is left on the board and who would you take?

1) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
2) Tennessee Titans: Leonard Williams, DE/DT, USC
3) Jacksonville Jaguars: Dante Fowler, DE/OLB, Florida
4) Oakland Raiders: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
5) Washington Redskins: Brandon Scherff OT/G, Iowa - Honestly, I could very realistically see them trading back to a team like the Rams or Eagles that may want Mariota and is afraid the Jets will draft him
6) New York Jets: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

7) Chicago Bears: Honestly this is the worst case scenario for me, but it is how I think the draft will fall. Still the consolation won't be bad. This would leave our choices between Shane Ray, Randy Gregory, Danny Shelton, Vic Beasley and Bud Dupree who will be flying up boards with his combine performance.

Since we just drafted some DTs last year and many are complaining about the worth of a NT at #7, I will stay away from Shelton. An OT is still a possibility, but I doubt we will go on that side of the ball when there are some good options at OLB. In the end, I trust Fangio will have alot of say on this pick and I trust his opinion on who he would like from this remaining group. Its hard to decide to pick, but I am leaning towards Bud Depree. I feel like after the combine performance he had many will look at his tape and have him leapfrog Gregory, a similar prospect whose tape isn't as good.

Your turn.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I plan on being there and being falling down drunk. Embarrassing all of Chicago, the Bears organization, Bears fans everywhere, and hope to mumble out a CCS mention before puking and passing out on camera.

"Chicitysports THUGS!!. You bitches."

But yeah, pass rusher at 7.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I foresee the draft falling according to the laws of gravity.

Zenjohn

Liked Posts:
It will be Dupree or Beasley for Chicago

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I see the draft falling on april 30th and ending on may 2nd

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Winston - Bucs have all but named him the pick.
Mariota - titans brass has repeatedly spoke about the rare opportunity to fix the QB position
Williams - best player on the board. Would fit all along Bradley's D.
White - Del Rio has made it clear Carr needs weapons. Raiders go with the big fast guy.
Gregory - redskins need an OT more than edge rusher but none worth taking top 5 and the upside of Gregory is attractive.
Copper - jets need a corner but likely to address position in FA they also need weapons and Copper is certainly that.
Dante Fowler - Bears need the foundation for their 3-4 and Fowler fits the bill.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I plan on being there and being falling down drunk. Embarrassing all of Chicago, the Bears organization, Bears fans everywhere, and hope to mumble out a CCS mention before puking and passing out on camera.

"Chicitysports THUGS!!. You bitches."

But yeah, pass rusher at 7.
Would an adult really go to this? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now that the combine is over....

Who do you think the teams before us will draft? Now how you would like it fall, but how do think it will really happen? Who is left on the board and who would you take?

1) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
2) Tennessee Titans: Leonard Williams, DE/DT, USC
3) Jacksonville Jaguars: Dante Fowler, DE/OLB, Florida
4) Oakland Raiders: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
5) Washington Redskins: Brandon Scherff OT/G, Iowa - Honestly, I could very realistically see them trading back to a team like the Rams or Eagles that may want Mariota and is afraid the Jets will draft him
6) New York Jets: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

7) Chicago Bears: Honestly this is the worst case scenario for me, but it is how I think the draft will fall. Still the consolation won't be bad. This would leave our choices between Shane Ray, Randy Gregory, Danny Shelton, Vic Beasley and Bud Dupree who will be flying up boards with his combine performance.

Since we just drafted some DTs last year and many are complaining about the worth of a NT at #7, I will stay away from Shelton. An OT is still a possibility, but I doubt we will go on that side of the ball when there are some good options at OLB. In the end, I trust Fangio will have alot of say on this pick and I trust his opinion on who he would like from this remaining group. Its hard to decide to pick, but I am leaning towards Bud Depree. I feel like after the combine performance he had many will look at his tape and have him leapfrog Gregory, a similar prospect whose tape isn't as good.

Your turn.

If the draft were held today, I think he would be the pick. My prediction FWIW, Leonard Williams and Malcom Brown will end up being the best Interior lineman selected in this draft!

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i really think we go LB or DE.

Shane Ray, Randy Gregory, Vic Beasley or Bud Dupree. and after combine, probably Vic or Bud

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Would an adult really go to this? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

You could use this ...

34297352_260666_raw.jpg

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
i really think we go LB or DE.

Shane Ray, Randy Gregory, Vic Beasley or Bud Dupree. and after combine, probably Vic or Bud

Interestng...It seems that with Shane Ray sitting this weekend combined with Depree's performance, it is likely that Bud leapfrogged a few players in the draft. If Fowler solidified himself as a top 5 pick, I could see many Bear fans leaning on Depree as their fallback pick.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Interestng...It seems that with Shane Ray sitting this weekend combined with Depree's performance, it is likely that Bud leapfrogged a few players in the draft.

It doesn't make sense. Ray wanted to run the 40 (he couldn't do the rest due to injury), but the medical staff did not allow him to run.

Pace said that on field performance was more important than combine results. I have no problem with Dupree if the Bears scouts see that his on field performance was better than the other 4 OLBs or found out that his on field results were lower because he was asked to sacrifice his numbers for the good of the team (taking on double teams or dropping back in coverage).

I don't want Dupree or anyone else just because they had a great combine. That is usually a combine love affair decision that turns out to be a "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" result.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
This is how I see it falling at the moment:

Buccaneers: Jameis Winston - QB - Florida State
Tennessee Titans: Marcus Mariota - QB - Oregon
Jacksonville Jaguars: Leonard Williams - DT - USC
Oakland Raiders: Amari Cooper - WR - Alabama
Washington Redskins: Brandon Scherff - OL - Iowa
New York Jets: Andrus Peat - OT - Stanford

If this happened the Bears would be set up pretty good with a bunch of linebackers available as well as a couple of offensive tackles.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the draft falls that way, you take the BPA... Shelton. If he grades out as BPA at that spot given the rest of the draft board you mention.

3-4 Defenses love them big Fatty's in the middle. Shelton fits that bill... I loved the commentators at the combine yesterday saying that Shelton's big hobby is tossing men around, really big men, like they're small men.

And also because I can see Ego playing an End as well as NT in a 3-4. Ratliff can play NT. Paea and Sutton, no clue.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As of right now...

Bucs - Winston
Titans - Williams
Jags - Fowler
Raiders - White
Redskins - Gregory
Jets - Cooper
Bears - Shelton

james sanders

DE/OLB
Liked Posts:
What the fuck is wrong with you people, wanting a pass rusher at 7? we have and elite rusher, 3-4 backer is McClellin's natural postion