How far has Pace set this franchise back?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It depends what he does with his draft this year. If he keeps his picks, and future picks, and has another good draft they'll be fine. As much as it sucks to lose Fuller and maybe Hicks, they likely only had another good year or two left. And cap will be fine after this year. The Bears future depends on getting a new regime in here and solving the QB problem.
This post doesn't fit in with the dick ripping

LetsGo34

Liked Posts:
Pace is full on Special person. Not because he treats draft picks like they grow on trees, or whiffs on 1st rd picks, or overpays aging veterans, or has no budgeting skills.

Hes full on Special person because he does all 4 things simultaneously

Unrivaled

Liked Posts:
I have never in 30 years switched loyalty to any team, in any sport. I am seriously considering finding a new team for next year, Pace has done alot of damage to the fan base.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have never in 30 years switched loyalty to any team, in any sport. I am seriously considering finding a new team for next year, Pace has done alot of damage to the fan base.
What team are you switching over to?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I get people are talking about how Pace set the franchise back, but you all are both understating it and overstating it - what do I mean?

Very few of you have said "Because he missed on the Quarterback". Some have, and you are right. Missing on a QB sets you back 5-6 years usually, starting from the time you drafted them. That's because you will spend 3-4 years trying to make it work because of the investment, and then another 2-3 to draft a replacement and get them up and running. And that assumes you get the right one the second time. The window can easily move on to 8 years or more if you are in a cap situation, or just can't draft to save your life.

Still, Pace has found young future building blocks as well lately. So while I don't trust Pace to rebuild the Bears, he hasn't left them completely barren like Phil Emery did. Bears are in NFL limbo, and how quick we bounce back depends on how quick we fire Pace - that, or Andy Dalton miraculously becoming the NFL comeback player of the year....

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:
They weren't exactly world beaters when Pace arrived. We forget how bad that roster looked after the destruction of the Trestman era.

His problem is he gambled big on Trubisky and lost. If he drafted Watson then things would look very different.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Pace is full on Special person. Not because he treats draft picks like they grow on trees, or whiffs on 1st rd picks, or overpays aging veterans, or has no budgeting skills.

Hes full on Special person because he does all 4 things simultaneously

Good post. Bear fans defending this clown show of a GM are mere mouth breathing simpletons who will gladly buy loads of swamp land in Florida for premium prices.

It hurts ALL of us that these meathead fans are so gullible. This is precisely what enables Bear ownership to half arse it and keep a GM in place who is clearly not up to the job.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its the NFL. so not many years. Shit gets fixed fast in this league. Plus, there are good young players all over this roster on both sides of the ball for them ever to be a dumpster fire.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would give Nagy minimally half credit on this whole situation. In fact I'm 75/25 Nagy. I think the team last year could have gone very deep maybe even Super Bowl with lets say a Billicek.

This is behind us. I am thinking 2-14 next year, and that's not like me.