flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
I was hung up on speed. I've changed my mind since. We have VJ fast with no hands, and T Scott with no hands. I think separation is now how I'm judging WR. So what are you looking for in a WR in 2024 for our Bears? I ask this because there are 2 WR that are elite but have very different skill sets in MHJ and Malik Nabers, which one has the better skill set?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Bears are getting neither, and will end up targeting Roman Wilson, because both first round picks will probably go into the trenches.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Speed only matters if they have the hands to go with it.

Overall, and this is with any college athlete, it matters more of how good a football player they are, especially against harder competition.

I think the combine actually does more harm than good when it comes to scouting - you want football players, not medalists from the underwear Olympics.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Bears are getting neither, and will end up targeting Roman Wilson, because both first round picks will probably go into the trenches.
The Bears are going to take a QB at one. Poles is going to select his guy and reset the QB salary cap clock. I like Fields and support him 100 percent, but I think he’s gone.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I was hung up on speed. I've changed my mind since. We have VJ fast with no hands, and T Scott with no hands. I think separation is now how I'm judging WR. So what are you looking for in a WR in 2024 for our Bears? I ask this because there are 2 WR that are elite but have very different skill sets in MHJ and Malik Nabers, which one has the better skill set?
I’ve watched a ton of college football this year.

I want speed, hands, and route running.

I think MHJ and Nabers are 1 and 1A. I like Odunze right behind them.

Troy Franklin wouldn’t be a bad consolation prize either. That man is big and fast.

A little deeper, Tez Walker from UNC is a baller too.

Speed is definitely important. Defenses fear speed.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
very important, its why guys like john ross, marquis goodwin and darius heyward bey are the greatest of all time.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Harrison told The Athletic

When you get to the NFL combine, what do you think you’ll run?

Four-three. Not 4.3 flat. I think I can run high 4.3s; 4.38 would be my goal. If I get a good start, I think my top-end speed will take care of itself.
-
Marvin Harrison Jr.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Harrison told The Athletic

When you get to the NFL combine, what do you think you’ll run?

Four-three. Not 4.3 flat. I think I can run high 4.3s; 4.38 would be my goal. If I get a good start, I think my top-end speed will take care of itself.
-
Marvin Harrison Jr.
I'm seeing MHJ as more a body up and jump ball guy with good speed but isn't great after the catch, Nabers is a pure insane separation guy with good speed and great after the catch guy, Fields likes DJ because of his separational skills and doesn't throw to contested catches guys so wouldn't Nabers fit Fields need better than MHJ? I'm asking because if you keep Fields you want his kind of WR and you can get Nabers at 5 which opens things up as to what to do with the 1st pick because you're not taking MHJ

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I think that "wiggle " is more important than speed. Tyreek has it along with Cohen. Moss had speed with length and that dog attitude. There are different "speeds" but I think that quickness and route running will always trump speed. Some of the best WRs aren't 40 guys. But they will break your ankle in a route.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Give me a guy that runs a 4.6 that will be where he's suppose to be every time over a speedster that can't make proper cuts and breaks to get open.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I'm seeing MHJ as more a body up and jump ball guy with good speed but isn't great after the catch, Nabers is a pure insane separation guy with good speed and great after the catch guy, Fields likes DJ because of his separational skills and doesn't throw to contested catches guys so wouldn't Nabers fit Fields need better than MHJ? I'm asking because if you keep Fields you want his kind of WR and you can get Nabers at 5 which opens things up as to what to do with the 1st pick because you're not taking MHJ
To me what separates the two is not speed but route running. At this time MHJ is just better at it. His combination of size, speed, and route running is unmatched.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I agree, speed is not the be all end all, separation and hands are where it's at. MHJ is unreal, have not had a chance
to see Nabors so won't comment. Rome Odunze is outstanding and has size closer to MHJ.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Disagree with your MHJ is a body up guy and poor YAC, he does it all, again can't comment on Nabers.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’ve watched a ton of college football this year.

I want speed, hands, and route running.

I think MHJ and Nabers are 1 and 1A. I like Odunze right behind them.

Troy Franklin wouldn’t be a bad consolation prize either. That man is big and fast.

A little deeper, Tez Walker from UNC is a baller too.

Speed is definitely important. Defenses fear speed.
Not sure why i don't hear anything from anyone about WR Xavier Legette (South Carolina).

Dude is 6'3" and 227 pounds and runs a 4.29 40.