How is the poor performance of the Chicago Bears defense Mel Tucker's fault?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Our safeties aren't able to make plays in coverage and our DTs can't stop the run... Is it Tucker's fault? not entirely...

This defense just needs to rebuild... it lacks enough solid young talent to complement the old veterans...

I think this is more Jerry Angelo's fault than Mel Tuckers

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
20130514_jla_bb6_425.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Via: Windy City Gridiron http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2013/10/23/4867192/how-is-the-poor-performance-of-the-chicago-bears-defense-mel-tuckers

Everyone is to blame for the bears defense but I blame Mel the most.

drunkntailgater

Liked Posts:
I see Jacksonville got better after he left.

YES they did! LOL and they replaced him with Bob Babich! The guy that couldn't last a whole season at play calling our Defense with the Bears. Lovie had to take the toys away from him mid season and do it himself.

It really sucks now thinking even HE would be an improvement for us!

drunkntailgater

Liked Posts:
Our safeties aren't able to make plays in coverage and our DTs can't stop the run... Is it Tucker's fault? not entirely...

This defense just needs to rebuild... it lacks enough solid young talent to complement the old veterans...

I think this is more Jerry Angelo's fault than Mel Tuckers

A year ago our WR's couldn't get open, our line couldn't block and Cutler couldn't avoid a sack. But that wasn't Mike Tice's fault was it?

And I'm perfectly sober right now people!!!! LOL

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For those who can't understand why many of us blame Tucker, listen to this

In any sport, whether beginner or pro levels, the players MUST practice the fundamentals. Tackling form starts in Pop Warner but is readily practiced at the NFL level. Top guitarists all over the world still play scales to remind themselves to keep the proper hand position when playing. Segovia, one of the finest classical guitarists ever stressed form.. Ballet dancers practice their fundamentals daily, and Opera singers sing scales for hours before performing. When you have coaches that don't stress fundamentals, you get sloppy play on the field because it's human nature to take the easy way out and not keep your form in shape. Most players have to be schooled in keeping their form. There are a few who do it all by themselves, but they are rare. It is apparent this is Tuckers fault cause the entire D is out of sync and in the wrong spots most of the time. It isn't just 1 or 2 slackers, it's everyone. Yet just 1 year ago, they performed at a top 10 level. This year they are 27th. Everyone noticed how much better Cutler got when Trestman started schooling him. That's cause Trestman is a stickler for the details, and Cutlers form and execution got much better. If Tucker remains, we will have another year of horrendous defensive play next season, no matter what players are brought in.

And if I'm wrong...Feel free to rub my nose in it, but I doubt I will be

Last edited:

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For those who can't understand why many of us blame Tucker, listen to this

In any sport, whether beginner or pro levels, the players MUST practice the fundamentals. Tackling form starts in Pop Warner but is readily practiced at the NFL level. Top guitarists all over the world still play scales to remind themselves to keep the proper hand position when playing. Segovia, one of the finest classical guitarists ever stressed form.. Ballet dancers practice their fundamentals daily, and Opera singers sing scales for hours before performing. When you have coaches that don't stress fundamentals, you get sloppy play on the field because it's human nature to take the easy way out and not keep your form in shape. Most players have to be schooled in keeping their form. There are a few who do it all by themselves, but they are rare. It is apparent this is Tuckers fault cause the entire D is out of sync and in the wrong spots most of the time. It isn't just 1 or 2 slackers, it's everyone. Yet just 1 year ago, they performed at a top 10 level. This year they are 27th. Everyone noticed how much better Cutler got when Trestman started schooling him. That's cause Trestman is a stickler for the details, and Cutlers form and execution got much better. If Tucker remains, we will have another year of horrendous defensive play next season, no matter what players are brought in.

And if I'm wrong...Feel free to rub my nose in it, but I doubt I will be

I like that post a lot except for one thing that actually furthers your point. Saying that we were a top 10 defense last year is a huge understatement. 3th and 5th defensively in points and yards, and 1st in numerous other defensive categories. The two things that have hurt this defense the most is change in coaching and leadership on the field (Urlacher). A distant third is Izzy, and I am sure his play would have regressed as well.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
A year ago our WR's couldn't get open, our line couldn't block and Cutler couldn't avoid a sack. But that wasn't Mike Tice's fault was it?

And I'm perfectly sober right now people!!!! LOL

It was mostly Jerry Angelo's again... Chris Williams and Gabe Carimi were both busts... and both were JA picks... We had to solve the problems of protection with FA... Slauson, Bushrod... And Phil did a great job drafting Long and Mills...

Phil missed on Shea... but he has made more solid picks in 2 years here than JA made in his entire career in Chicago...

This off season i expect to get a lot better...