How Many Wins For The Cubs In 2014?

How many wins for the Cubs in 2014

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Pierce Johnson could position himself. Hendricks should see some time towards end of season. There are also some back end rotation types the Cubs may look at.

If Iowa is in a play off chase I expect a status Que to expose them to that environment. That has been hinted on already.

I can see Baez promoted. I expect Soler/Bryant/Vogelbach promoted to Iowa for their push. Same with Johnson and Edwards.

Not sure with Hendricks. Not sure if they are all that high on him.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Im hoping for 75-81, but I see closer to 65-70.

Sent from anywhere in the galaxy

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Iowa is in a play off chase I expect a status Que to expose them to that environment. That has been hinted on already.

I can see Baez promoted. I expect Soler/Bryant/Vogelbach promoted to Iowa for their push. Same with Johnson and Edwards.

Not sure with Hendricks. Not sure if they are all that high on him.

I think they will be on the Iowa squad as well, but I think Volgy gets promoted late. They have been giving almost 500 at bats on the dot at every level.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think they will be on the Iowa squad as well, but I think Volgy gets promoted late. They have been giving almost 500 at bats on the dot at every level.

It is going to depend on his spring.

To be perfectly honest here he is blocked by Rizzo so I expect them to milk it some to see how Rizzo shakes out. If they both start mashing this year this becomes the next controversy.

With that in mind I could see them starting him at A+ with Almora and push him back a year. Justified or not. (Jed sold Cashner for Rizzo and if Rizzo fails he is going to get wrecked by the media for pulling that deal and playing favorite son)

To be honest here if both are equal I expect Vogy traded.

marines1

Liked Posts:
Per Buster Olney, 31 of the first 40 games area against teams that finished .500 or better last year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
61-101

And another premium pick.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Per Buster Olney, 31 of the first 40 games area against teams that finished .500 or better last year.

If that's the case, the best bet anyone can make is taking the Cubs under this year. It is doubtful that they get off to a hot start, and if not, their is going to be the usual sell off at the deadline with sub pitchers thrown in to complete the year.

Shark would be traded along with Schierholtz, Hammel, and possibly Russell or E-Jax too.

There will be nothing but youth at the end of the year, and that screams top two pick in the 2015 draft.

Take the under.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
After this weekend, we'll be a 1/3 of the way through the season.

If the Cubs sweep this weekend, they'll be on pace to win 66 games

If they win 2 of 3 this weekend they'll be on pace to win 63

If they win 1 of 3 this weekend, they'll be on pace for 60 wins

If they get Swept-they'll be on pace for 57 wins.

Last edited:

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
After this weekend, we'll be a 1/3 of the way through the season.

If the Cubs sweep this weekend, they'll be on pace to win 66 gamesIf they win 2 of 3 this weekend they'll be on pace to win 63

If they win 1 of 3 this weekend, they'll be on pace for 60 wins

If they get Swept-they'll be on pace for 57 wins.

Not sure pace really matters. For one thing, we don't know when/if/how players being called up will change the team. In theory, they could win games at a better rate with 1-2 more hitters. Additionally, we don't know how/if trades of presumably pitching will gut the team. I think Hendricks can replace Hammel. If they trade Shark then who knows. However, if they don't trade him you're looking at a guy who's been great and they've only managed 1 win from him. You figure he has maybe another 20 starts in the season and that could greatly effect the bottom line.

I'd honestly like to see them trade for an outfielder. If they could deal Hammel for a similar level player in the OF and then replace Hammel with Hendricks I think they'd be a better team. I get why this front office has been pitcher crazy when it comes to trades but there's next to nothing next year in FA for offensive players. The bullpen with younger players is looking ok. Currently they sit at a 3.22 ERA 8.55 k/9 3.98 bb/9 and that's with Veras looking like shit. And they should be able to add pitchers next off season to supplement Wood, Arrieta, and Jackson(sigh). If Shark's in that mix too all the better. If not maybe they look to add two pitchers. So that being said, the pitching staff really doesn't look bad going into next year. On the other hand, I'm not sure where the offense is going to come from. Hoping for both Bryant and Baez to break camp with the cubs is likely foolhardy and I doubt FA will net much of anything.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You really think this team is going to get better than 66 wins :lol:

diavolos

Liked Posts:
i'm thinking 59. the bottom's about to fall out. and i'm being optimistic.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

Think he just saying with a great possibility of player changes in lineup and rotation, you cant really cement a pace of where they could end up record wise based on where their at now with this current roster... They could end up a bit better or worse..
Also with samardzija, if he stays.. odds are he gonna win more then 1 or 2 games in his final 20 starts..
That is all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

I think the cubs are -11 in run differential. A -10 Texas team is 28-26. A -10 White Sox team is 28-27. A -13 Baltimore team is 26-26. A -7 NY Yankee team is 28-24. A -14 KC team is 25-28. Obviously there are reasons for the cubs under performing their run diff namely a horrific offense. However, they are no where near as bad as people often make them out to be. Additionally, if they add anything to fix their offense then they very well might stop under performing their run differential or they may continue to. I just don't think it's ridiculous to believe they can be a .450ish team over the remained of the season. If they trade Shark, that probably is out of reach.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Think he just saying with a great possibility of player changes in lineup and rotation, you cant really cement a pace of where they could end up record wise based on where their at now with this current roster... They could end up a bit better or worse..
Also with samardzija, if he stays.. odds are he gonna win more then 1 or 2 games in his final 20 starts..
That is all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

Also this.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I felt they were going to avg 1-2 every series. 33% win rate.

19-32 .373% pretty close to it.

So I would guess at this rate they are a 40% max. Ya We could see Baez and Bryant but are they going to struggle and what impact? How much time here?

40% is a safe bet. 65 wins top end.