How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?

insidej0b

Liked Posts:
Hey fucknut, that shit was sarcasm. i love your city, get over your bad self. R u offended? Still?
Dude, glad you showed up. I was just out walking the dogs and the actual point of your joke hit me. Like I said in my first post, I'm running on fumes and not here to start shit. If I actually cared even when I thought you were a knuckle dragger, I would have said a little more than high five. I guess I've just gotten used to not even trying to comprehend the Katrina shit you see online. I take pride in being pretty fucking sarcastic myself, so I apologize for douching the place up by replying to whoever responded to my post in seriousness.

who?

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably gonna need 35plus points to win this one.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Dude, glad you showed up. I was just out walking the dogs and the actual point of your joke hit me. Like I said in my first post, I'm running on fumes and not here to start shit. If I actually cared even when I thought you were a knuckle dragger, I would have said a little more than high five. I guess I've just gotten used to not even trying to comprehend the Katrina shit you see online. I take pride in being pretty fucking sarcastic myself, so I apologize for douching the place up by replying to whoever responded to my post in seriousness.

who?

I am sorry to doosh up your internets with my stupid bullshit. What is your take on the matchup?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Fucknut=awesome. I haven't called anyone that in years.

My wife is going to love her new nickname!

Call her a dickfuck. I love that one.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Call her a dickfuck. I love that one.

I concur.

barring a massive affliction of mortality on the Saints offense being away from home, I'm going to say our beloved Bears will need to score a lot of points.

which is good practice for the Packers, cause I figure it will be like the same game, only worse. if the defense get their heads out of their asses and force turnovers and the offense doesn't give up any, then we'll be winners. more than likely though, it will be a cardiac affair, and I can only hope the Bears win.

insidej0b

Liked Posts:
I am sorry to doosh up your internets with my stupid bullshit. What is your take on the matchup?

LOL, depends on the weather actually. If it's wet and nasty like it was when we went to Tampa a few weeks ago, I expect the same kind of sputtering from our offense and it'll be up to our actually good defense to keep us in it. 24-21 kind of game, whoever scores last wins. If it's crisp and dry, I would give the Saints more of an edge. When the schedule was released, I couldn't have been happier than seeing this game is now and not in December. As cheeseball as it is whenever someone says it...it's gonna come down to turnovers.

Should be a good game. Two good offenses and two defenses that are getting a lot of turnovers. Like I said though, I'm really tired. Tomorrow, after getting some sleep, I'll probably think the Saints are gonna kick Cutler's ass and mess up his hair. I'll come back and let you know all about it.

CaliSaint4Life

Liked Posts:
Was trolling over here and decided to just create an account.

To answer the question asked in the OP (honestly), I'd say A-gap pressure and blitz packages. Our offensive line is doing a solid job blocking one-on-one, but they are playing more like 5 separate guys than an individual unit. Not losing individual battles, but protection breaks down when more communication is involved (we've speculated if it's a side effect of losing Kromer). Uncharacteristically seeing missed assignments and mental breakdowns. Tampa had success this way (even though David is a beast blitzer) but we cleaned it up a bit against Miami. The flip side is that you run a huge risk blitzing Brees. Our normally elite interior line play has been shaky so I would attack there versus attacking the edges.

As for how to attack our defense, the quick passing game is your best bet (which is what Tressman and his precision offense is based off of). This year, a lot of focus was placed on not giving up the big play, so we tend to give up a lot of things in the short passing game - Miami had early success against us this way. The 5 to 7 step passing game would probably not be a good idea since pressure is coming from all over the d-line. Looking at stats, you'd say we could be run against, but it's kind of deceiving. If we're in base, then you won't find much success in the run game. The thing is, we play a ton of big nickel so it's a bit of a soft box and some runs can be had. Basically for the majority of the snaps, we'll play 4 d-lineman, 2 LBers, 2 CBs, and 3 safeties (though I really wouldn't consider Vaccaro a safety).

Gonna stop before I get long-winded. I'll gladly answer any questions anyone has about the Saints (and probably ask a few of my own about your team).

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

To answer the question asked in the OP (honestly), I'd say A-gap pressure and blitz packages. Our offensive line is doing a solid job blocking one-on-one, but they are playing more like 5 separate guys than an individual unit. Not losing individual battles, but protection breaks down when more communication is involved (we've speculated if it's a side effect of losing Kromer). Uncharacteristically seeing missed assignments and mental breakdowns. Tampa had success this way (even though David is a beast blitzer) but we cleaned it up a bit against Miami. The flip side is that you run a huge risk blitzing Brees. Our normally elite interior line play has been shaky so I would attack there versus attacking the edges.

As for how to attack our defense, the quick passing game is your best bet (which is what Tressman and his precision offense is based off of). This year, a lot of focus was placed on not giving up the big play, so we tend to give up a lot of things in the short passing game - Miami had early success against us this way. The 5 to 7 step passing game would probably not be a good idea since pressure is coming from all over the d-line. Looking at stats, you'd say we could be run against, but it's kind of deceiving. If we're in base, then you won't find much success in the run game. The thing is, we play a ton of big nickel so it's a bit of a soft box and some runs can be had. Basically for the majority of the snaps, we'll play 4 d-lineman, 2 LBers, 2 CBs, and 3 safeties (though I really wouldn't consider Vaccaro a safety).

Gonna stop before I get long-winded. I'll gladly answer any questions anyone has about the Saints (and probably ask a few of my own about your team).

Good post. If the weather is decent I'm expecting a shootout.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I think you're missing the point. No one down here gives a shit about Katrina any more. We're tired of having to hear about it. I was bopping along reading the thread and there it was. "Bears weather. Finishing what Katrina started." If I didn't think the guy that posted it was clearly a neanderthal who thinks people dying and others losing all of their worldly possessions was cool and it made me all :falconsfanmad: do you think I would have bothered banging out like a thousand words about football? It just amazes me that even eight years later people are still all, "Hey, Beavis. Beavis, Katrina."

I was in Tampa at the time. People were afraid of that storm. The aftermath was a fucking disgrace, handled by incompetent, assholes and gungrabbers...As for the game, if the Bears
shit the field like in Detroit, it will be an easy win for Brees and the Saints...I hope that's not the case tho.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nice post.

I agree that getting pressure up the middle is paramount against Brees. If we can't, I think Brees will have a field day against our Safties. We obviously have good corners in Tillman and Jennings, but they will need help against Brees because of how accurate he is. If we allow Brees to sit in the pocket with no one in this face, we're dead. If we can get pressure up the middle, Sproles will have a big day, but that won't win the game for ya'll imo, which is the best we can hope for. Its gonna take a very disciplined game on our part to keep your Offense from blowing us out.

If our D can stay in Brees' face, and Jay has a decent game, I think it'll be close. Jay must play close to a mistake free game, its okay to have gas, but if he farts and a lil dookie comes out, its over and we'll lose by 3 TD's.

You guys already know you have a good team, for us, this game will be a nice measuring stick to find out where we're at, and if we can hang with the big boys.

CaliSaint4Life

Liked Posts:
Nice post.

I agree that getting pressure up the middle is paramount against Brees. If we can't, I think Brees will have a field day against our Safties. We obviously have good corners in Tillman and Jennings, but they will need help against Brees because of how accurate he is. If we allow Brees to sit in the pocket with no one in this face, we're dead. If we can get pressure up the middle, Sproles will have a big day, but that won't win the game for ya'll imo, which is the best we can hope for. Its gonna take a very disciplined game on our part to keep your Offense from blowing us out.

If our D can stay in Brees' face, and Jay has a decent game, I think it'll be close. Jay must play close to a mistake free game, its okay to have gas, but if he farts and a lil dookie comes out, its over and we'll lose by 3 TD's.

You guys already know you have a good team, for us, this game will be a nice measuring stick to find out where we're at, and if we can hang with the big boys.

I agree that getting pressure on Drew will be very important. The thing is, up until last week, Drew was seeing a ton of pressure anyway and was playing pretty good. The game against the Dolphins is what happens when you get very little pressure on him - naturally he had his best game of the year.

You guys have a few things going for you this game:
- Drew can get trigger happy (though Payton has reeled him in a bit). I always say, he's elite 99.9% of the time, but every once in a while, he'll make a throw that'll leave you wonder what the heck he was thinking. Against you guys, he can't do that because you take advantage of those opportunities on defense. I'm guessing he takes fewer chances this week due to who and where he's playing. I know Payton has been preaching "protect the ball" all week.
- Our lack of a run game. We haven't run it well this year. We've play some good run defenses and we've seen some of the old 46 Bear fronts, but regardless of any of that, we have been pretty terrible in this aspect of the game. The last thing you guys should do is let our running game get going. That would be the one glaring weakness we have at the moment.
- That crappy field of yours. I don't know why the NFL lets teams get away with stuff like this but it's a very clear advantage that can't be taken lightly. In my opinion, football (and any other sport) is best when the best athletes are able to be athletic and enforce their physical will on the player across from them - bad field conditions contradict this. Now that my rant is over, I'd say this is a huge factor coming into the game and I'll be monitoring how it affects our route running and the overall flow of our offense.

For you guys, I'd say get the ball to Forte as much as you possibly can, I've seen us free the RB out of the backfield more than I would like. Our edge pressure is better than it's been in over a decade so any scenario where our guys can pin their ears back against your OTs (who seem to be struggling in pass pro) would probably make things difficult for your offense.

GoWave

Liked Posts:
Our defense has been bad in the middle of the field and with a lack of pass rush we can be in for a long day. Sproles had a career game last night against the Dolphin's better defense with much yardage in the middle of the field. Not much more needs to be said about Graham.

Saints offense is in full blown mode and their defense is good this year

There is no stopping Jimmy Graham without sproles going absolutely apeshit on you. Really, I don't think there is any stopping graham period. He is just too big, strong with exceptional speed for his size. The only way you shut down the Saints Offense is by getting pressure up the middle on Brees. He will side step and avoid outside rushers with his eyes down the field. Chicago's DTs need to disrupt the middle of the pocket. That has always been the formula. Another way I've seen it done is by getting your hands up at the line and tipping balls at the line.

supra8795

Liked Posts:
We got a couple giants on the outside of our D line. I couldn't imagine being so short and trying to throw over a pair of 6'7 guys.

GoWave

Liked Posts:
We got a couple giants on the outside of our D line. I couldn't imagine being so short and trying to throw over a pair of 6'7 guys.

unless they are getting their hands up or getting pressure, their size won't matter one bit. Drew throws over 5 guys that size already. Like I said, when my team has had difficulties on offense, it is always the same story. Batted balls and pressure up the middle.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Lawrence Taylor used to hire hookers and send them to the opponent's star player's room the night before the game. He said it worked every time. So can anyone help out here? I checked with my sister, but she's gonna be out of town and my mom is way past her prime. So maybe we can get some funds together and hire a couple whores for Graham, Brees and Sproles.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
There is no stopping Jimmy Graham without sproles going absolutely apeshit on you. Really, I don't think there is any stopping graham period. He is just too big, strong with exceptional speed for his size. The only way you shut down the Saints Offense is by getting pressure up the middle on Brees. He will side step and avoid outside rushers with his eyes down the field. Chicago's DTs need to disrupt the middle of the pocket. That has always been the formula. Another way I've seen it done is by getting your hands up at the line and tipping balls at the line.

I have seen nothing this season that tells me that we will be able to get pressure up the middle.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Lawrence Taylor used to hire hookers and send them to the opponent's star player's room the night before the game. He said it worked every time. So can anyone help out here? I checked with my sister, but she's gonna be out of town and my mom is way past her prime. So maybe we can get some funds together and hire a couple whores for Graham, Brees and Sproles.

If we don't TURN THE BALL OVER 3-4x's vs. N.O. we'll be fine without having to send the hookers.