How would Andy Dalton have done yesterday?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Fun Fact I read on Reddit:

Fields completed 5 passes over 20 yards yesterday.

Mitch Trubisky all last season completed 4 of those.

Edit: Don't believe everything you read. LOL

screen-shot-2021-02-15-at-12.13.17-am.png

Eww. What the fuck man.

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Also, how would he have done against the Browns?

With all of those pocket sacks and collapsing o-line, he definitely wouldn't have escaped pressure. Would he have gotten rid of the ball quicker? Maybe a few times, but I tend to think he still would've been pummeled and had a terrible outing.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Fun Fact I read on Reddit:

Fields completed 5 passes over 20 yards yesterday.

Mitch Trubisky all last season completed 4 of those.
It gets better.

Bears had 5 passes over 20 yards yesterday.

They only had 2 of those in the previous 3 games combined---1 by Fields, and 1 by Dalton.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Probably about the same which is a good thing

BUT HOW DO WE KNOW?!?
Just fine...it was the Lions.

7% explosive play rate the last 4 matchups against the lions.

Yesterday it was 22%.

That is an offense we haven't seen in a long long time. It wasn't cheap at all, just great throws, great runs.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
He would have played Nagy's scheme and no pass over 10 yards. We might have won on the running game, but all the check downs would have drawn the defense into the box, so the running game might not have been as good.

All credit to our RBs for yesterday's showing, BUT when you complete some passes down field, it makes a difference.

I think we still get the win...because Lions

msadows

Liked Posts:
He would have played Nagy's scheme and no pass over 10 yards. We might have won on the running game, but all the check downs would have drawn the defense into the box, so the running game might not have been as good.

All credit to our RBs for yesterday's showing, BUT when you complete some passes down field, it makes a difference.

I think we still get the win...because Lions

Andy last year was god awful as well in explosive plays. Fields already has nearly as many 21+ throws as andy last year.

screen-shot-2021-02-15-at-12.13.28-am.png

I'm not sure it's just nagy, because nagy loves his dink and dunk QB's. Dalton fits well into his vision of the offense.

"Dalton’s level play can range from abysmal, to bad, to below average, to average, to above average, to good, to five seconds as an elite quarterback."

^^ This is the guy WCBF thinks is best for the bears. lol.

Remember when we said mitch can't throw left? Andy is Worst in the league throwing left.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Justin ' Explosive' Fields

My name is JEFFFFF

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
BUT HOW DO WE KNOW?!?

7% explosive play rate the last 4 matchups against the lions.

Yesterday it was 22%.

That is an offense we haven't seen in a long long time. It wasn't cheap at all, just great throws, great runs.
But I think your question is the right one.

Obviously Nagy's opinion is that right now Dalton starting is the best balance of right/wrong shot/long term for the season, for Fields, and the franchise.

The experience Fields is getting came naturally and is great. He even won a game. Awesome.

Really not going to hurt him long term, imo, to sit back and reflect on lessons for a few weeks while the team takes some beatings.

Whole world will clamor for him until Nagy can't stand it or is removed.

I think Nagy thinks he is doing the best thing for his future QB and potential savior. That's good enough for now.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
idk who cares, hopefully we see no more of Andy either way
Clearly you do or you wouldn’t have brought it up. But agree, Fields should have started the season as QB1 and now needs to finish the season as QB1.