Hoyer Just Did something Other(s) Couldn't

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
My response wasn't even to you, my god. Calm your tits.

As to your response that wasn't towards me, you have no idea how Bears fans here would act to their team being good, it's been years since.

Oops.

As to your response that wasn't towards me, you have no idea how Bears fans here would act to their team being good, it's been years since.

I can recall the 2010 and 2011 seasons (prior to the Cutler injury and later Forte injury that railroaded the season) on CCS. So, yeah, I would have an idea. Although that would probably be distorted by the CBMB people here now (where I also posted during the aforementioned seasons).

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My response wasn't even to you, my god. Calm your tits.

As a Cubs fan I really try not to be obnoxious and would do the same if the Bears ever could succeed. I imagine a lot of fans would be really obnoxious. For whatever reason, Chicago teams become wildly popular when they win. Brings to mind '85 and Brandmeier playing Sunday Bloody Sunday. I can't honestly say it didn't get me a bit pumped up.

Bort

Liked Posts:
You do realize a grade 2 MCL is a partial TEAR of the ligament right?

A partial MCL tear isn't that serious of an injury. Guys play with torn MCLs all the time.

As an example, just off the top of my head, I remember Kam Chancellor playing with a torn MCL in the Super Bowl last year, and he was playing safety, which involves a lot more cutting and contact than quarterback.

Cutler pulling himself out of the most important game of his career because of an MCL issue shows that he cares more about his paycheck than about winning, especially considering the fact that he wasn't even limping or showing any signs of impairment.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
A partial MCL tear isn't that serious of an injury. Guys play with torn MCLs all the time.

As an example, just off the top of my head, I remember Kam Chancellor playing with a torn MCL in the Super Bowl last year, and he was playing safety, which involves a lot more cutting and contact than quarterback.

Cutler pulling himself out of the most important game of his career because of an MCL issue shows that he cares more about his paycheck than about winning, especially considering the fact that he wasn't even limping or showing any signs of impairment.

How in the fuck is this still a thing people think? Jesus Christ.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How does pulling oneself out of a nationally televised game improve an nfl player's playcheck esp if he wants another contract?

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Cutler will happily go out there and throw 5 ints he's done it before.

If he's out of the game it's because he's actually hurt not because he's quitting.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Grrrr, what is your problem, Bort? I've watched Cutler quite a while now and he can be great and really bad. That equals average, but I have no idea why anyone thinks the mcl wasn't the fact and he gave up. No need to troll.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Grrrr, what is your problem, Bort? I've watched Cutler quite a while now and he can be great and really bad. That equals average, but I have no idea why anyone thinks the mcl wasn't the fact and he gave up. No need to troll.

Cutler has this thing where he'll play through an injury as long as he's playing well, but then if he starts playing poorly, he quits and blames it on the injury. He did the same thing with the thumb a couple weeks ago.

Also, despite all the talking points that came out of Halas Hall in the aftermath, the reality is that a grade 2 MCL sprain is not an injury that should be taking a quarterback out of a conference championship game. It doesn't affect your mobility or ability to plant and throw.

The reason players miss time with an MCL sprain is because playing on it dramatically increases the chances of a season-ending ACL injury. Typically, with a grade 2 MCL sprain during the regular season, a player will miss a few weeks while they let the MCL heal and strengthen because it's better to miss a couple games than risk a season-ending ACL tear. When you're in a conference championship game, there's no more season if you lose, so there's no reason to be so cautious.

NFL players know all of this. That's why Cutler took so much shit from current and former players on twitter and other social media after that game.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler has this thing where he'll play through an injury as long as he's playing well, but then if he starts playing poorly, he quits and blames it on the injury. He did the same thing with the thumb a couple weeks ago.

Also, despite all the talking points that came out of Halas Hall in the aftermath, the reality is that a grade 2 MCL sprain is not an injury that should be taking a quarterback out of a conference championship game. It doesn't affect your mobility or ability to plant and throw.

The reason players miss time with an MCL sprain is because playing on it dramatically increases the chances of a season-ending ACL injury. Typically, with a grade 2 MCL sprain during the regular season, a player will miss a few weeks while they let the MCL heal and strengthen because it's better to miss a couple games than risk a season-ending ACL tear. When you're in a conference championship game, there's no more season if you lose, so there's no reason to be so cautious.

NFL players know all of this. That's why Cutler took so much shit from current and former players on twitter and other social media after that game.

From my understanding, the MCL is fine when running in a straight line. Its the cuts and sudden movements are the problems. Wouldn't that affect a QBs ability to maneuver in the pocket? I would think so. The players that were giving him shit are similar to the fans on this message board, everyone says what someone else should do, but unless its happened to you in a similar situation you don't know shit about it.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

Stop. Just stop.

Bears OC Dowell Loggains said of QB Jay Cutler: "This guy is the toughest guy I've ever been around in 12 years coaching in the NFL."

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
So then what's your fucking point? That Brian Hoyer is better in garbage time than Cutler was?

I think my "FUCKING point"was pretty damn well stated in the OP. Sorry you missed it.

It's painfully obvious the Bears suck. But what's most annoying to me about situations like these is that hyperbolic cynicism takes over this place. Posters come up with the most ridiculous shit that's so wildly overblown because of how bad the Bears are, and since they're 0-3, no one stops to think that maybe they've got blinders on because of the poor start.

Those meany posters. How dare they post negative stuff about a team who has sucked ass for the 2 years and is off to another shitty year.

Now if you're referring to my post, I think it pretty fucking positive if you ask me. Hoyer had a good statistical game. What's so fuckin negative about that?

FFS there's a thread comparing the Bears to the only 0-16 team in NFL history on the main page right now. It seems like so many sports fans in 2016 get off more on their team being terrible than on their team actually being good.

Yes, that's it exactly. Life long fans of a team are much happier when the team sucks.

:obama:

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
How does pulling oneself out of a nationally televised game improve an nfl player's playcheck esp if he wants another contract?

Yo. Have you been to Thalia Hall? Going to see my fav country act tonight. Never been to venue

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stop. Just stop.

Bears OC Dowell Loggains said of QB Jay Cutler: "This guy is the toughest guy I've ever been around in 12 years coaching in the NFL."

Probably not the best person to quote at the moment.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Stop. Just stop.

LOFL

He fucking quit because h got a hang nail.

Ever notice how they all have to keep saying how "tough" Jay is.... Know why? Cuz it's Bullshit.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Stop. Just stop.

There's more than one type of toughness. Cutler is extremely physically tough, but he is mentally and emotionally weak.