Hub Arkish basically calling Fields a bust on the score

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
He didn't say those words but that's what he means.

Says that nothing would have worked against the Browns because Fields can't execute from outside the pocket.

Also says he clearly is not ready to play and by playing him when Dalton is healthy is throwing away the season. And if the Bears wanted to be the Jaguars, they would do just that.

Wow
Awe, Hub, hub... hub. If there is a single DE in the league that can nullify Justin's speed, it is Garrett. Rolling him out wouldn't have done much.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:

Says that nothing would have worked against the Browns because Fields can't execute from outside the pocket.

Also says he clearly is not ready to play and by playing him when Dalton is healthy is throwing away the season. And if the Bears wanted to be the Jaguars, they would do just that.

Wow
Who cares on what he said.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
For Hub to say that Fields can't execute outside the pocket because he has not proven it yet in games is absolute bullshit. He has played in 1.5 games and has had less than a handful of play calls that utilizes him getting outside the pocket. I mean, he proved at the highest level in college that he can execute in this style. And this style can and has worked in the NFL as well.
All i say to these imbeciles calling JF a bust after 1.5 games is for them to go look at the first 2 starts of any qb in the last 30 years then get back to me.

pablovi

Liked Posts:

Wow
Who?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Firing Nagy wouldn't solve the problem. The Bears would just hire another loser of a HC, like they have done for decades

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Hub just says whatever the contrarian position would be on any given topic. The overwhelming majority of Bears fans want Justin Fields over Andy Dalton so Hub's position has to be to back Andy Dalton. I haven't listened to the interview yet, but my guess is that he will begin defending Matt Nagy now that everyone hates him. He would have opposite positions if the majority opinion was reversed. That's how he is.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hub is a moron...just like the moron on Twitter posting screen shots...like players are frozen in time

SD Bears

Liked Posts:

Wow

Considering Nagy only rolled the pocket 3 times, and all 3 times it got blown up because, as Myles Garrett stated, "we figured the Bears out after their 2nd possession", how tf does Bub conclude Fields can't execute outside the pocket?

While it may eventually be true, you can't conclude it from that fiasco of game plan.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He shares the same take that a lot of people share. But also, most people are complete mouth-breathing fucking morons because survival is too easy.

Calling any of these rookie QBs a bust is like watching me cut up an onion and telling me the meal that I'm about to prepare tastes like shit.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
TL: DR - Hub didn't call Fields a bust but thought he wasn't ready and that there was nothing that could have been executed against that defense by Nagy because Fields isn't ready. He doesn't think everything else supported Fields succeeding but seemed really desireous of claiming a W on his view that Fields was the thing that caused the collapse.
-------
Me personally? I've been all aboard the "play him and let him take his lumps" camp but if Nagy isn't willing to use screens, roll outs, additional blockers and other basic concepts to help him out, I don't think there is much benefit.

To be fair though- I hear that screens are installed in version 505 (that's a masters level course) of his offense. So maybe next year.

Also, Hub has been falling on my "respected analysts" list for the last decade+. I can think of a TON of guys I would rather hear from at this point.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
TL: DR - Hub didn't call Fields a bust but thought he wasn't ready and that there was nothing that could have been executed against that defense by Nagy because Fields isn't ready. He doesn't think everything else supported Fields succeeding but seemed really desireous of claiming a W on his view that Fields was the thing that caused the collapse.
-------
Me personally? I've been all aboard the "play him and let him take his lumps" camp but if Nagy isn't willing to use screens, roll outs, additional blockers and other basic concepts to help him out, I don't think there is much benefit.

To be fair though- I hear that screens are installed in version 505 (that's a masters level course) of his offense. So maybe next year.

Also, Hub has been falling on my "respected analysts" list for the last decade+. I can think of a TON of guys I would rather hear from at this point.
Yeah, Nagy had the kids gloves on fields instead of just playing. I mean, he had what, 5 attempts in the first half? C'mon man. 3 rushes with fields? Nagy has no clue how to use him, and he did the same shit with Mitch. He's trying to fit square pegs into round holes instead of catering a system to his players strengths. He needs to go.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Wow
lmao. There is a HUGE difference between not being ready yet (Which is what Hub is saying) versus thinking someone is a bust (which is something you are badly assuming)_

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I used to always love when Hub was on, but in the last year, I think he may have lost his marbles. I was listening to that nonsense, and it made me so annoyed I turned the station for the rest of my work day.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
With a shit coach like Nagy, all you can do is throw Fields to the wolves. It will just make him stronger.

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Me: We can't really judge Fields until we see at least 2 years of him play
Hub: He's a bust, I can tell after seeing him play one game

Okay then, I'm just a guy on the internet and Hub has 30+ years of experience analyzing football so....we'll see who's correct
Clearly you have gotta go with the random guy on the internet...duh

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hub sucks, he's one of the reasons I don't listen to 670 anymore.

Pretty much all the Chicago radio personalities these days suck or have a co-host who sucks. Kap is unbearable to me. Fuck that guy.

sports radio is a fking stupid clown show