Hub scrapping the bottom of the credible journalism barrell with this gem.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Since the season began, I’ve suggested that one of factors limiting Marc Trestman’s offense is a lack of weapons.

Take Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Martellus Bennett and Matt Forte away from Jay Cutler, or just limit a few of them, and the offense stalls. Take primary targets away from other contending teams and they use other weapons to beat you.

This is neither a criticism nor an indictment of general manager Phil Emery and his scouting department. I believe, absolutely, you wait at least two years to analyze rookies and none of Emery’s have been here that long...

So take away the top 4 targets and the Bears offense stalls. Great insight there. The article is just idiotic. It's like he's saying the Bears would be better if Joe Anderson was making catches instead of BM because they would have a role player contributing.

And I think it's safe to say AJ has become a very good 2nd round pick.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol, did I miss where a team missed their top 4 weapons at the same time and had success?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol, did I miss where a team missed their top 4 weapons at the same time and had success?

I believe he is referring to the pats......

they are the exception to the rule.

good teams become not so good teams without their best players.....Hub as usual is reaching for any reason to criticize the Bears.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
I suspect he means take one of them away. The Bears currently have no depth at receiver or tight end.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hub may be on to something. If teams double all four all Cutler will be able to do is run or throw to a wide open Earl. Good plan

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
lmfao what did he say?

Herp, derp... You lose your star players an you made not be as good. He just went full potato

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

good teams become not so good teams without their best players.....Hub as usual is reaching for any reason to criticize the Bears.

Yeah, the Pats are only like 10 years into their system. Oh and look how great they are playing.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

To be fair, the pats are 4th in scoring d, but 22nd in scoring o. They're offense isn't near what it used to be, its actually struggling.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Hub being a phaggot as usual. If he is citing the Patriots as his evidence then he is a fucking Special person considering Brady has never struggled more in his career and their offense has been below average.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
WTF is Hubster Speaking , Jay is Right behind Bradford in TDs :D

NFL QB leaders: (TD passes)
1 Peyton Manning 22
2 Tony Romo 14
3 Drew Brees 14
4 Philip Rivers 14
5 Sam Bradford 13

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw this article this morning...yeah...wow.

The argument is that Brees and Brady were on more successful teams because the no name players were catching balls and the Bears rely too much on their playmakers. He fails to mention the only reason the no name players were on that field was injuries to those offenses top playmakers. So the Bears are worse off because other teams have injured players and we don't?

This after years of articles that the Bears are worse off because other teams have steady playmakers to rely on.

Just complaining to complain.

(which also reminded me on hadn't been on CCS for a bit...so here I am...full circle)

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
This might be true for teams like Atlanta...Because even though they have all but lost their star receivers, they remain competitive

Errr oh, wait a minute...never mind.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
Since the season began, I’ve suggested that one of factors limiting Marc Trestman’s offense is a lack of weapons.

Take Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Martellus Bennett and Matt Forte away from Jay Cutler, or just limit a few of them, and the offense stalls. Take primary targets away from other contending teams and they use other weapons to beat you.

This is neither a criticism nor an indictment of general manager Phil Emery and his scouting department. I believe, absolutely, you wait at least two years to analyze rookies and none of Emery’s have been here that long...

So take away the top 4 targets and the Bears offense stalls. Great insight there. The article is just idiotic. It's like he's saying the Bears would be better if Joe Anderson was making catches instead of BM because they would have a role player contributing.

And I think it's safe to say AJ has become a very good 2nd round pick.

I like Hub, but I am not sure I get his criticism here. I think that our backups to the starters are untested, maybe that is what he is talking about. How many teams have 4-5 really top flight receivers and TE's? Our front-line starters are pretty damn good IMO and hopefully improving.

As far as the Bears drafting and scouting goes the jury is still out IMO, with last years draft (besides Jeffrey) looking kind of Angelo bad. And the draft is hyper important if Emery can't get it right the Bears will be forced to continually overpay on the FA market.

Looking forward to seeing How Bostic plays as well...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I suspect he means take one of them away. The Bears currently have no depth at receiver or tight end.
That's the thing, here is his quote,"Take Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Martellus Bennett and Matt Forte away from Jay Cutler, or just limit a few of them, and the offense stalls." Here clearly is saying if you take away their top 4 weapons then Bears would struggle on offense. How does someone write this without the exuse of an open head wound.

And while the Bears definitely lack depth at TE, to say the lack depth at WR is premature. They have their 4 best WR's healthy right now, so there is no need for Anderson or Wilson to play, but if pressed into duty they may be that role player that Hub thinks the Bears need.

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
um the pats offense hasn't been that great missing all their weapons and Brady hasn't played at his usual elite level. this shit is Special person

theArizonaState

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AJ I think is amongst the top in the league in receiving yards, top 10 for sure.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the 85 Bears lost Dent, Hampton, Singletary and Wilbur Marshall they would be just a middle of the road defense.

There I said it.

Flat out stupid. Take away Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush from the Lions and they are horrible.

I've said this once, twice and three times and I'll say it again. No team in the NFL is so deep anymore that they can easily survive the loss of several key players. Some may do better than others but all will struggle. The advent of the salary cap means that teams cannot afford to stack their rosters like they could in the 70s. Star players can, and do, move to where the money is available. Sure, some teams get lucky, like Seattle and San Fran as far as QB positions go but the law of averages will come back around once these guys play out their rookie contracts. The 49ers will have to deal with that after next year, Seattle after 2015. The Ravens are dealing with this now, the Texans as well.

The Bears will have to make some decisions too. I suspect Peppers will be cut if he doesn't start playing better, we can't take a full 13.9 mil cap hit if he gets less than five sacks a year. Cutler will want more money, Peanut maybe (although he has to be realistic) and Jennings probably will want more too. Anything over 8 mil for both is a stretch, especially for Tillman.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Hub. Can't. Compute. Actual. Offense. This. Can't. Be. Happening.