Huge win for Cutler.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
The amount of trolls and posters who are seemingly just here to stir the pot, come in large numbers. I sometimes find humor in their attempts to do so but for different reasons than you apparently do.

I generally try to find humor in most internet interactions. They seem to be a combination of I'm smarter than you are, know more than you do, you're a stupid head. Kinda fun mostly.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
I'll just say this and nothing else. Throwing to your lowest wrs isn't easy for a QB because he doesn't have that sense of where to place the ball. The reps with the starters is so important because it gives the qb a sense of where they can or can't receive a pass. Some guys are faster than others and some can high point the ball better than others. Add into that back shoulder passes and fades and you'll see why reps are so important to accuracy.

Also, Jay was scrambling a lot and at times didn't get his feet set but it's hard to blame a QB for making a play where most would not.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

Newblood

Liked Posts:
jlok.gif

Yeah, we know. Playing dumb is your thing. Once again, not creative, nor original.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
I generally try to find humor in most internet interactions. They seem to be a combination of I'm smarter than you are, know more than you do, you're a stupid head. Kinda fun mostly.

I try to find some good conversation that doesn't rely on humor to make it worthy content. Since that is hard to come by in most cases. The next best thing is reading the comments at the bottom of any article you're reading.

The humor on this site, is in seeing someone tell you that the world is flat but you know it's round. Now you know there is no possibility that you're wrong but the other person is ignorant of the fact that it is indeed round. Whether it's willful ignorance or just pure lack of knowledge, they both amount to the same thing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll just say this and nothing else. Throwing to your lowest wrs isn't easy for a QB because he doesn't have that sense of where to place the ball. The reps with the starters is so important because it gives the qb a sense of where they can or can't receive a pass. Some guys are faster than others and some can high point the ball better than others. Add into that back shoulder passes and fades and you'll see why reps are so important to accuracy.

Also, Jay was scrambling a lot and at times didn't get his feet set but it's hard to blame a QB for making a play where most would not.

That's all well and good but a lot of D was played by his regular target, Wilson and it's not a good game regardless of who he's throwing to unless it works. We can understand why it's not a good game or excuse some play but we can't project a good game into one that wasn't at face value. He absolutely gets credit for those scrambles as i have already stated. Those completions and yards increase his passer rating.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where can I watch the game again? For free.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting, you get oddly coherent when responding to something other than an attack.

Not that interesting really, you engaged me respectfully so I replied in kind. Wish more people could follow your lead, would love to actually have more constructive debates instead of arguing in circles with retards like Newblood that twist my words into arguments I never made and thinks he's some debate whiz lol

Thanks for clarifying your side switching, it seemed ubrupt and a bit over the top, but I get it, you're passionate about the Bears and you like to stir the pot...well done.

No prob, glad you get it. :beer:

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually as a fan of Cutler. I feel it's more like trying to help someone understand that 2 + 2 = 4 but they keep guessing it's various different numbers over time. Which is sometimes irritating and sometimes humorous that the intended poster just can't seem to understand something so obvious. In your case it's more humorous than anything. As you understood at one point that 2 + 2 = 4 but now you seem to be struggling with this simple reality and keep saying it's any other number but 4.

Horrible analogy. Please explain what this simple reality is that I'm supposedly not understanding. Seriously, I'd love to hear it.

Mpov22

Liked Posts:
Not that interesting really, you engaged me respectfully so I replied in kind. Wish more people could follow your lead, would love to actually have more constructive debates instead of arguing in circles with retards like Newblood that twist my words into arguments I never made and thinks he's some debate whiz lol

No prob, glad you get it. :beer:

I give you props for giving him credit this year, I'm more of a lurker but chime in here and there but I will say judging any player on the team based on the dumpster fire that was the 2014 season is... Meh. Nobody on the team showed up... The Trestman Era is better left forgotten imo

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, we know. Playing dumb is your thing. Once again, not creative, nor original.

I wasn't trying to be creative. Why should I continue wasting my time with you? You haven't made a single logical argument all night.

bzzz.gif

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
That's all well and good but a lot of D was played by his regular target, Wilson and it's not a good game regardless of who he's throwing to unless it works. We can understand why it's not a good game or excuse some play but we can't project a good game into one that wasn't at face value. He absolutely gets credit for those scrambles as i have already stated. Those completions and yards increase his passer rating.
Bennett, Forte and Alshon were out. Wilson was his primary and Miller his secondary. Even those two don't get the reps the others do at being primary receivers. Just sayin.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I wasn't trying to be creative. Why should I continue wasting my time with you? You haven't made a single logical argument all night.

bzzz.gif

So you are saying you aren't playing dumb? Got it.

I told you wake me when you make your first original thought. So stop trying to wake me with your usual drivel

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I give you props for giving him credit this year, I'm more of a lurker but chime in here and there but I will say judging any player on the team based on the dumpster fire that was the 2014 season is... Meh. Nobody on the team showed up... The Trestman Era is better left forgotten imo

Eh I don't think you should give everyone a free pass on last year. At the end of the day they are still professional players and responsible for their play.

Mpov22

Liked Posts:
Eh I don't think you should give everyone a free pass on last year. At the end of the day they are still professional players and responsible for their play.

While I do agree that you should be professional and play for pride I don't think reality is quite so clear cut... However it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened because this looks like a team that can be a contender a lot sooner than I anticipated

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you are saying you aren't playing dumb? Got it.

I told you wake me when you make your first original thought. So stop trying to wake me with your usual drivel

LOL still incapable of reading what I write and comprehending it correctly I see... Wake me up when you go back to school and pass grade school English.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bennett, Forte and Alshon were out. Wilson was his primary and Miller his secondary. Even those two don't get the reps the others do at being primary receivers. Just sayin.

Has no bearing on my post. Besides, these guys are better than decent.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I do agree that you should be professional and play for pride I don't think reality is quite so clear cut... However it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened because this looks like a team that can be a contender a lot sooner than I anticipated

I agree it's not always clear cut, but that said my beefs with Cutler were all for things that fall squarely onto his shoulders: Poor fundamental mechanics and decision making.

By the end of 2014 his mechanics and decision making had both regressed from where they were in 2013. I don't think you can scapegoat the coaching staff for those issues. The coaches can't make the drop backs, navigate the pocket, and make the decisions/throws for him. It's on Cutler to put the work in to clean up his mechanics and study the playbook & game-tape. Then it's him to execute it all correctly, not the coaches.

Plus he executed Trestman's offense just fine in 2013, so why did he regress in 2014? Because his coach is a beta nerd? Sorry I don't buy that. If that's the case then he never would have bought in and improved like he did in 2013.

I'm sure having a better coach and relationship with Gase has played a role in his improvement this year but I'm willing to bet he simply put in more work this offseason because his career here was hanging on by a thread. Just like how he put the work in for 2013 because he was playing for a new contract....

Mpov22

Liked Posts:
I'm just glad that QB may not be a pressing need moving forward. One more good draft and a couple free agents and the playoffs are a possibility even if they don't make it this year. Exciting time to be a Bears fan again.

Mpov22

Liked Posts:
I agree it's not always clear cut, but that said my beefs with Cutler were all for things that fall squarely onto his shoulders: Poor fundamental mechanics and decision making.

By the end of 2014 his mechanics and decision making had both regressed from where they were in 2013. I don't think you can scapegoat the coaching staff for those issues. The coaches can't make the drop backs, navigate the pocket, and make the decisions/throws for him. It's on Cutler to put the work in to clean up his mechanics and study the playbook & game-tape. Then it's him to execute it all correctly, not the coaches.

Plus he executed Trestman's offense just fine in 2013, so why did he regress in 2014? Because his coach is a beta nerd? Sorry I don't buy that. If that's the case then he never would have bought in and improved like he did in 2013.

I'm sure having a better coach and relationship with Gase has played a role in his improvement this year but I'm willing to bet he simply put in more work this offseason because his career here was hanging on by a thread. Just like how he put the work in for 2013 because he was playing for a new contract....

Not sure about all that but his command of the offense and pocket presence are so hugely improved I don't really have a logical explanation. I'm just happy.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone watching Cutler this year has to see his improvement as a quarterback. Who is responsible for it do you think? Somehow I think it has to be Gase and the QB coach. Cutler makes very few mistakes this year as a QB. His footwork in the pocket is text book. He hasn't forced the ball into coverage. He hasn't thrown off his back foot hardly at all. He takes off and runs for first downs. He rolls out away from pressure and doesn't hold onto the ball and take many sacks.

This has to be coaching, right? He just didn't get up one morning and decide to change his faults. This has got to be Gase and company. Somehow they got through to Jay about what they wanted him to do and that is a credit both to them and Jay.