Hurtado to Chivas for Allocation Money

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I don't follow MLS at all but sounds like a super shitty league when they decide which teams are allocated certain players. If someone wants to explain it to me, feel free.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I don't follow MLS at all but sounds like a super shitty league when they decide which teams are allocated certain players. If someone wants to explain it to me, feel free.

It isn't shitty, but it isn't the Premier League. Players have to sign with the league to come to a team and there is a draft of sorts applicable to higher profile players, but sometimes the league will cave in to individual players demands if they are of high enough stature (think Dempsey, Bradley).

Allocation money is just extra cap space.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
It isn't shitty, but it isn't the Premier League. Players have to sign with the league to come to a team and there is a draft of sorts applicable to higher profile players, but sometimes the league will cave in to individual players demands if they are of high enough stature (think Dempsey, Bradley).

Allocation money is just extra cap space.

But shouldn't a player be able to say I'm going to the Fire and sign directly with them? I don't understand why they wouldn't be able to?

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
Allocation money, Dollar Menu's favorite kind of money (not his). So we should be seeing our new DP singing soon, too bad it's going to be a three division no name player.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
But shouldn't a player be able to say I'm going to the Fire and sign directly with them? I don't understand why they wouldn't be able to?

MLS is a single entity... in essence, the league is a club playing among itself... it is really what kept the league alive (only 2 clubs have folded in its history, both at the same time).

But I agree, it is still BS.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Trade official btw.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
""Jhon is one of the top center backs in MLS. He is athletic, strong, very good in the air, and excellent in one-versus-one situations," Chivas USA head coach Wilmer Cabrera said in a statement. "His experience and winning mentality will be a huge addition to our club.""

Good luck with that