CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So when does White get traded on this deal?

They made the right decision to role with their best 52 + Mack.

They want to win now and aren't scared of the Pack. I am impressed. Kwiat and Iggy will both make the team then. Fitts and Irving all...this may cost Acho a roster spot.

They did pay a lot if its the most ever, however, they get back in the 2nd round where they feel good about next years top tier depth, and make the team better tomorrow, middle term, and long term.

Does it cost a contract to Floyd or Goldman? Maybe...but they felt this type of game changing pass rush talent was the difficult piece to get.

We post the Bears last 10 1st rd picks here ad nauseum, if you look at those...and then the situation they just had with their 1st rd pick...I mean how many people in Bears front office curse 1st picks under their breathe on a weekly basis? The bane of the franchise...fuck it, lets pretend like we hit pay dirt for once and signed them long term.

Its that 2 OLB formula that is gold, so this was a boon for Floyd as well who will never see a double team. Goldman and Hicks and Floyd and Mack now....hahahahahahah...

we have one big question mark on the bears....Trubisky

and one big weak ling.... Kush
One seriously one dimensional player....Massie

After that? Damn...this team is ready now. Loaded I'd say. Rebuild is over. Safety depth is stout. Corners are long. Fuller is quick.

I can't believe you can add one player and it changes my perspective that much...Floyd as a #1 is meh...Floyd as a #2 is YEAH...and opens the middle for havoc.
This helps the corners, safeties, coverage backers the most. Everyone. With one move. Its brilliant, with an asset we rarely get anything from. That blasted 1st round pick curse. We are the Jets of the NFC, except nobody knows it for 3 years, whereas the Jets everyone boos and knows it day 1.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"according to my sources"

The gif is from the seminal moment of the classic movie "Spartacus"... a lynch mob of Romans forms to punish prisoners/slaves for Spartacus deeds, to set an example, and demands he turn himself in or watch his fellow prisoners suffer torture and murder. Just as Spartacus begins to stand to turn himself in, another soldier stands and says "I am Spartacus!", and then another stands and shouts "No!! I am Spartacus"...and then another, and so on, and then they all stand, and shout it. And you see here...the tear stream down the resolute face of our hero as the crowd chants behind him "I am Spartacus"

Today we are all Ryan Pace!! We all stand. We all weep. We all believe...this year. Not next year. Rebuild over, press go.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The gif is from the seminal moment of the classic movie "Spartacus"... a lynch mob of Romans forms to punish soldiers for Spartacus deeds, to set an example, and demands he turn himself in or watch his fellow prisoners suffer torture and murder. Just as Spartacus begins to stand to turn himself in, another soldier stands and says "I am Spartacus!", and then another stands and shouts "No!! I am Spartacus"...and then another, and so on, and then they all stand, and shout it. And you see here...the tear stream down the resolute face of our hero as the crowd chants behind him "I am Spartacus"

Today we are all Ryan Pace!! We all stand. We all weep. We all believe...this year. Not next year. Rebuild over, press go.

Spartan doesn't believe it. He wants to be the only one with the warrior spirit...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It took the Bears 2 hours to work a contract?

Something mack wanted was clearly in place...but I think the market move from a big market, The Bay Area, to Las Vegas had a more negative effect on the teams biggest star than anyone else.

A max contract player can only think about market after a certain point. He forced the Raiders hand, and they got back a bargained for and high price.

Everyone does win in this, including Mack getting back to a big market.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It took the Bears 2 hours to work a contract?

Something mack wanted was clearly in place...but I think the market move from a big market, The Bay Area, to Las Vegas had a more negative effect on the teams biggest star than anyone else.

A max contract player can only think about market after a certain point. He forced the Raiders hand, and they got back a bargained for and high price.

Everyone does win in this, including Mack getting back to a big market.

The Bay Area is a small market, and its split between 2 teams. Oakland has a population of les than 500k. Plus, the Coliseum is a shit-hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bay Area is a small market, and its split between 2 teams. Oakland has a population of les than 500k. Plus, the Coliseum is a shit-hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think "market" was something involved from Macks end and the point stands. You don't understand the Bay Area Market. You can't go by population density of the metro city nearest them. Both the 49ers and Oakland enjoy fans across a vast and populated region of California. People support them hours away, from sea to mountains.

Las Vegas is a unique market...not necessarily small all told, and teams have taken notice and interest, but it is unique in its value and more to do with a global market and wealth attraction.

For a player of Macks caliber...moving to a solid Big 3 Market with a single major football team is a huge plus

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
They made the right decision to role with their best 52 + Mack.

They want to win now and aren't scared of the Pack. I am impressed. Kwiat and Iggy will both make the team then. Fitts and Irving all...this may cost Acho a roster spot.

They did pay a lot if its the most ever, however, they get back in the 2nd round where they feel good about next years top tier depth, and make the team better tomorrow, middle term, and long term.

Does it cost a contract to Floyd or Goldman? Maybe...but they felt this type of game changing pass rush talent was the difficult piece to get.

We post the Bears last 10 1st rd picks here ad nauseum, if you look at those...and then the situation they just had with their 1st rd pick...I mean how many people in Bears front office curse 1st picks under their breathe on a weekly basis? The bane of the franchise...fuck it, lets pretend like we hit pay dirt for once and signed them long term.

Its that 2 OLB formula that is gold, so this was a boon for Floyd as well who will never see a double team. Goldman and Hicks and Floyd and Mack now....hahahahahahah...

we have one big question mark on the bears....Trubisky

and one big weak ling.... Kush
One seriously one dimensional player....Massie

After that? Damn...this team is ready now. Loaded I'd say. Rebuild is over. Safety depth is stout. Corners are long. Fuller is quick.

I can't believe you can add one player and it changes my perspective that much...Floyd as a #1 is meh...Floyd as a #2 is YEAH...and opens the middle for havoc.
This helps the corners, safeties, coverage backers the most. Everyone. With one move. Its brilliant, with an asset we rarely get anything from. That blasted 1st round pick curse. We are the Jets of the NFC, except nobody knows it for 3 years, whereas the Jets everyone boos and knows it day 1.

Great post Rastaman. Totally agree - it makes everyone on the defense better and masks any shortcomings - much like that dicklicker Erin Rodgers does for the Packers.