I can't remember Nagy ever giving a media tour like he did after the Fields pick

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean at first I was just absorbing it all and thought all the hits he was doing on national syndication and podcasts was a lot of fun.

But I got to thinking that the Bears normally don't do this sort of thing. Ryan Pace prefers to keep things tight-lipped and Nagy for the most part followed suit up until now.

I'll give credit where I think it is due:

The Chicago Bears marketing and PR department absolutely read the room right after the Fields pick, and this media tour Matt has been doing has been really fun and insightful.

The other thing that I heard mentioned on the radio today and I tend to agree:

When you listen to Matt in all of these different venues, nothing sounds like the Bears are in a win or else mode this year.

It sounds like they are going to be allowed to try and develop Fields, and that is the quarterback by which they will ultimately be judged.

I thought that was an interesting take and probably an accurate one.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited as a Bears fan for the future prospects of what was to come.

The closest I can get to that, is actually from being a Cubs fan, and listening to Theo Epstein in his inaugural press conference lay out the plan for the Chicago Cubs.

Fun times ahead folks...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He hasn't a 1st round pick to do it with since his 1st year here when Nagy he was still getting acclimated and lacked spare time. That and it was also a D player.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He hasn't a 1st round pick to do it with since his 1st year here when Nagy he was still getting acclimated and lacked spare time. That and it was also a D player.
agree. I think it has more to do with increased demand to get Nagy on the various shows because of Fields than anything else.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I mean at first I was just absorbing it all and thought all the hits he was doing on national syndication and podcasts was a lot of fun.

But I got to thinking that the Bears normally don't do this sort of thing. Ryan Pace prefers to keep things tight-lipped and Nagy for the most part followed suit up until now.

The Chicago Bears marketing and PR department absolutely read the room right after the Fields pick, and this media tour Matt has been doing has been really fun and insightful.

When you listen to Matt in all of these different venues, nothing sounds like the Bears are in a win or else mode this year.

It sounds like they are going to be allowed to try and develop Fields, and that is the quarterback by which they will ultimately be judged.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited as a Bears fan for the future prospects of what was to come.

The closest I can get to that, is actually from being a Cubs fan, and listening to Theo Epstein in his inaugural press conference lay out the plan for the Chicago Cubs.

Fun times ahead folks...
1) I'm not surprised. The Bears took such a perception hit after the end of year presser, the Fullercut, and the Dalton signing. They hit a homerun with Fields, so go out there and brag and repair the perception.

2)Bears are not totally in win now mode. pace and Nagy have two years to produce significant results.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Don’t fall for the Nagy-speak. It’s all smoke & mirrors. But at least the Bears now have a QB that can likely win even with Nagy’s arena league coaching.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Looks like Matt Nagy is going to be a guest on the NFL schedule released special.

So add that to the pr media blitz.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Don’t fall for the Nagy-speak. It’s all smoke & mirrors. But at least the Bears now have a QB that can likely win even with Nagy’s arena league coaching.
I'm sorry but post like this are incredibly stupid.

No one is falling for anything.

No matter what we talk about in the offseason, ultimately it's going to be based on wins and losses.

In the meantime, it's the offseason so let us have our fun.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
Parkins and Speagel were talking about this on the score yesterday and were saying how Nagy is meeting with all the national guys after draft but will not meet with the local radio guys. They thought it has something to do with how Nagy and Pace have been beat up by the local radio guys and this might be their way of saying that you thought we were trash before the Fields pick and now all of a sudden you want to interview us.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

Fun times ahead folks...
I swear I have been calling him Nagy for so long that you threw me off for a minute when you called him Matt.....I thought to my self, who is he talking about....maybe I'm just getting old, crap!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Notice that he hasn't done any of the local shows.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Parkins and Speagel were talking about this on the score yesterday and were saying how Nagy is meeting with all the national guys after draft but will not meet with the local radio guys. They thought it has something to do with how Nagy and Pace have been beat up by the local radio guys and this might be their way of saying that you thought we were trash before the Fields pick and now all of a sudden you want to interview us.
We still think you're trash, however JF is not. MFer has a lot to prove to get out of the fans doghouse. Three years of his bush league bullshit.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It is kind of odd how out there he is right now.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Notice that he hasn't done any of the local shows.

Yup.

Local shows have also started to pick up on this - there was some light grousing about it on Parkins radio show yesterday.

But honestly I think it's because locally, our media is shit nowadays.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Could be. Could also be that the Bears know that the Score, ESPN1000, the Trib, and the Sun-Times are going to cover the Bears regardless. They don't need those outlets as much as they need a Cowherd, national ESPN, the NFL Network.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Id much rather be low-key kicking ass than out there in everyone's face after 2 1/2 years of Mitch & Nagy clown show, but whatever.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy is a fn moron
tenor.gif