I can't remember Nagy ever giving a media tour like he did after the Fields pick

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could be. Could also be that the Bears know that the Score, ESPN1000, the Trib, and the Sun-Times are going to cover the Bears regardless. They don't need those outlets as much as they need a Cowherd, national ESPN, the NFL Network.
National guys were laughing and burying their heads in the hands when they found out the Bears signed Andy Dalton. I'm sure Bears brass noticed. PR rounds with the national guys might be them trying to get the national guys to lay off the laughs next time.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's weird though because the national guys destroyed Nagy too. It's just not the 24/7 rip fest that it is locally because they have 31 other teams to cover.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's weird though because the national guys destroyed Nagy too. It's just not the 24/7 rip fest that it is locally because they have 31 other teams to cover.
Yep.

I don't even watch the national guys and saw a lot of clips on social media.

I cannot say I've ever seen an organization get clowned so hard as the Bears recently.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Yeah, all the media - local and national have given the Bears a hard time. So, I doubt it has anything to do with that.

IMO, it has more to do with just how unlikely it was that Fields would land in Chicago that has drawn the attention and then also that hope for the future of the Bears. I think I remember hearing or reading somewhere a while back that when the Bears are doing well, it's also really good for the NFL at a national level due to the size of the Chicago market and how strong the fanbase is. So, both sides are capitalizing on the hope that Fields is bringing to the Bears.

I seriously doubt that Nagy or the Bears got many requests previously at the national level, so they are tasking advantage of it while the story is fresh. I don't think it's any deliberate slight to the local media - it's just smart PR work to take the national requests on a feel good story when you have that opportunity.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yep.

I don't even watch the national guys and saw a lot of clips on social media.

I cannot say I've ever seen an organization get clowned so hard as the Bears recently.
A lot of it was posted here by Trubisexuals.