I didn't believe what Bill Simmons said about Rose

postdiction

Liked Posts:
I like Bill Simmons' podcast, he is a Celtics fan, here is a clip of him and Kevin Love talking about Rose.

It is interesting to see what an opponent thinks of a Bull.

I agree with a lot of what he says, I though Rose got somewhat out played by Rondo for most of the series.
Rose does seem to have the potential to be a top 10, maybe even a top 5 player in this league.

All the conversation occurs in the first 10 minutes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/index

laters,

postdiction

Go Illini!

senrad

Liked Posts:
You just linked to his homepage. Which podcast is it? And could you just post the cliff notes maybe?

Mike

Liked Posts:
Re:I didn't believe what Bill Simmons said about R

It's in the second podcast in the column on the right. It says it's with Kevin Love. I've transcribed the section about Rose exactly, and I must say, Love is a little more articulate than Mr. Simmons. :)

Simmons: Who was the best guy you played with in High School? 'cause you guys are always like doing AAU and summer stuff, all that stuff. Who was the single best guy you played with.

Love: Best guy I played with... umm...

Simmons: Guy that you were like "Wow, I would love to end up on the same NBA team with him for the next 12 years".

Love: Oh, let's see... probably a Derrick Rose. umm... [Simmons: oooh] you know, playing with him in the 2007 All American game, McDonalds game...

Simmons: Right

Love: I mean that was just unbelievable. You saw what he did this year.

Simmons: Yeah

Love: You know, Rookie of the Year, the way he rebounds the ball, his size, the way he passes the ball, I mean the way he explodes to the basket is just... you know I haven't seen anything like it... umm... in our class at least and uh...

Simmons: Yeah I thought Chris Paul was going to be... I thought Chris Paul was going to own this next decade for point guards, but I'm thinkin' Rose... 'cause of his size, and just you look at what he did last year as a rookie. One year in college, and then goes to the playoffs. Actually ups his game, you know, brings it up another level, and I... You know guys always jump in year two, you certainly made a jump in year two. Umm... it just seems like... it just seems... like he... like he's going to do it. Like he's gonna... this will be the year for him to be a superstar.

Then he goes into how good that draft class looks in retrospect.

senrad

Liked Posts:
Re:I didn't believe what Bill Simmons said about R

Yeah I heard that one last week I think. He really likes rose a lot. Someone asked him in a mailbag over/under on rose all star games and he said take the over. I think the # was 7 but I'm not sure. He has made other comments, especially during the bulls celtics series.

postdiction

Liked Posts:
senrad wrote:
You just linked to his homepage. Which podcast is it? And could you just post the cliff notes maybe?

The podcast is to right of the page, Its the one with Kevin Love.

Sorry was too lazy to transcribe the conversation.

I just thought it is a good thing when an opponent compliments you so highly.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Bill Simmons has had a huge Rose hard on all year.

senrad

Liked Posts:
He can be pretty astute when it comes to the NBA. Watches a ton of games and knows what he is talking about. Anybody looking forward to his NBA book? I picked up his first one but was disappointed is was just a series of columns.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
I completely agree with Kevin Love and Bill Simmons, there is no reason for us not to be confident that Rose will be the best PG in the league in a few years. He has proven he has the ability and even though he missed all of his game winning attempts he stepped up his game and got even better in the playoffs which is a very rare thing especially in young guards. Unless he hits a road block, which is always possible, he will be the best PG in the league in a few years.

Yes I trust Bill Simmons he actually watches Basketball and has well based opinions on some facts. He is not a drone or what I would call a TBAG a Typical Basketball Analyst Guy.