First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Last year I reached mock draft nirvana after hundreds of mocks and mocked 3 of our first 4 picks correctly.

This year, I have run just as many mocks as @IBleedBearsBlood, but I just haven't posted them all. Now that it's draft week I figured I'd post my official final mock, as if you all give a F.

Probably won't have the same accuracy as last year. Nonetheless, here is the definitive mock draft, without Chicago trades, to best set the Bears up for the upcoming season.

1.1 Caleb Williams. Best QB in the class *cough* according to some :rolleyes:*cough*. This has been the pick for months.

1.9 Dallas Turner, Edge, Alabama. I think 4 QBs, 3 WRs and an OT go before our pick. Not gonna predict how that happens, but I think that's how the first 8 plays out. As a result, we're able to choose the first defender off the board. I think Poles goes with Turner based on his pure explosiveness and length. Poles is a traits guy and Turner has elite traits (explosiveness and arm length). He's the pick over Verse.

3.75 Devontez Walker, WR, UNC. 6'1 193 lb deep threat. 9.76 RAS. 4.36 40. True deep threat to compliment Moore, Allen and Kmet. We benefit from a deep WR class here.

4.122 Zak Zinter, OG, Mich. Zinter was probably an early round draft pick in 2023 had he declared. He went back for a championship and came out with a broken leg otherwise he goes much earlier than the 4th. The Bears get a starting caliber OG in the 4th. He'll be football ready this season and will most likely need to step in for Jenkins at some point. He will be a starter in 2025.

greg23

Liked Posts:
This would be a solid A draft

Addresses top four needs with four possible starters.

Can also see Poles trading future assest/pick swap/player currently on team to take a safety in round 5 if one is still there he likes.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
This would be a solid A draft

Addresses top four needs with four possible starters.

Can also see Poles trading future assest/pick swap/player currently on team to take a safety in round 5 if one is still there he likes.
I tried to keep it realistic as well. I'm a big fan of Ricky Pearsall but I think he goes in the 2nd. Walker has a good chance of being there in the third.

I like the guard out of TCU, Brandon Coleman as well, but I hear he's been getting buzz and may not last until the fourth. Zinter and Mason McCormick are guard targets I like in the fourth.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Last year I reached mock draft nirvana after hundreds of mocks and mocked 3 of our first 4 picks correctly.

This year, I have run just as many mocks as @IBleedBearsBlood, but I just haven't posted them all. Now that it's draft week I figured I'd post my official final mock, as if you all give a F.

Probably won't have the same accuracy as last year. Nonetheless, here is the definitive mock draft, without Chicago trades, to best set the Bears up for the upcoming season.

1.1 Caleb Williams. Best QB in the class *cough* according to some :rolleyes:*cough*. This has been the pick for months.

1.9 Dallas Turner, Edge, Alabama. I think 4 QBs, 3 WRs and an OT go before our pick. Not gonna predict how that happens, but I think that's how the first 8 plays out. As a result, we're able to choose the first defender off the board. I think Poles goes with Turner based on his pure explosiveness and length. Poles is a traits guy and Turner has elite traits (explosiveness and arm length). He's the pick over Verse.

3.75 Devontez Walker, WR, UNC. 6'1 193 lb deep threat. 9.76 RAS. 4.36 40. True deep threat to compliment Moore, Allen and Kmet. We benefit from a deep WR class here.

4.122 Zak Zinter, OG, Mich. Zinter was probably an early round draft pick in 2023 had he declared. He went back for a championship and came out with a broken leg otherwise he goes much earlier than the 4th. The Bears get a starting caliber OG in the 4th. He'll be football ready this season and will most likely need to step in for Jenkins at some point. He will be a starter in 2025.

Could Caleb build chemistry with VJJ or Tyler Scott? Or does Polez try again at WR in the latter rounds and find another Puka Nacua? Who did the bears take in the 5th round of Puka's draft? hmmmmm

his college stats were meh. on his pro day he ran a 4.57 Forty, 5th round all there for polez to be had.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I think Turner at #9 is a bit of a reach. I like the rest of the picks, though.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I think Turner at #9 is a bit of a reach. I like the rest of the picks, though.
If 4 qb + 3 wr + alt are picks 1-8

Exactly who is the next best prospect?

They're all fairly similar and it becomes position dependant for the team picking 9 (wouldn't hate Turner or Murphy if bears stick at 9 but can see edge being a bigger need)

DaBears3434

Liked Posts:

They're all fairly similar and it becomes position dependant for the team picking 9 (wouldn't hate Turner or Murphy if bears stick at 9 but can see edge being a bigger need)
I'm taking Bowers in that scenario.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Could Caleb build chemistry with VJJ or Tyler Scott? Or does Polez try again at WR in the latter rounds and find another Puka Nacua? Who did the bears take in the 5th round of Puka's draft? hmmmmm

his college stats were meh. on his pro day he ran a 4.57 Forty, 5th round all there for polez to be had.
I think VJJ is a lost cause. Maybe he can carve out a niche as a return man with these news rules and RB similar to Cordarrell Patteson, but I think relying on him as WR would be a mistake.

Bort

Liked Posts:

In that scenario, BPA is probably Bowers or one of the OT prospects.

I just don't think there's an elite EDGE prospect in this draft. I agree that Turner has the most upside because of his physical attributes, but all of them have question marks.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes

I just don't think there's an elite EDGE prospect in this draft. I agree that Turner has the most upside because of his physical attributes, but all of them have question marks.
Every prospect has question marks and uncertainty. I'm old enough to remember when Kyle Pitts was getting fitted for a gold jacket before he even played a down. Now look at him.

Is an OT or Bowers that much safer than Turner? It's not like Turner doesn't have the necessary production.

greg23

Liked Posts:

The same can be said of the OT's after Alt

And no thanks on a TE at #9

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
I think all those picks are very possible and all good acquisitions.

However, I have Turner penned in at #8 to the Falcons.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
It’s a very good “what if draft goes 4QBs, 3 WR, Alt?” Mock. I personally have turner in the same talent bucket as Verse, Murphy, and Newton so in my mind trading down to 13-15 to get an extra day 2 pick and still having someone left in that bucket is preferable to picking at 9 but I’m not an NFL GM. Turner has that super high ceiling but I think it’s going to take him a few seasons before he starts looking like a good Edge, patience is going to be needed with him.

I think the projected 2nd round WRs have a ton of talent and it would be really nice to be able to get into that bucket if Odunze doesnt fall to 9.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

From the mocks I've seen, I thought we had more picks. Did you trade up?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
It’s a very good “what if draft goes 4QBs, 3 WR, Alt?” Mock. I personally have turner in the same talent bucket as Verse, Murphy, and Newton so in my mind trading down to 13-15 to get an extra day 2 pick and still having someone left in that bucket is preferable to picking at 9 but I’m not an NFL GM. Turner has that super high ceiling but I think it’s going to take him a few seasons before he starts looking like a good Edge, patience is going to be needed with him.

I think the projected 2nd round WRs have a ton of talent and it would be really nice to be able to get into that bucket if Odunze doesnt fall to 9.
I do not want to draft a DT in the first this draft. We drafted two top-70 DTs last year. They need to be allowed to develop; same as you said about Turner.

Dexter got better as the year went on. He seems to be right in line with other DTs rookie production. Let him continue to develop, along with Pickens.

Bort

Liked Posts:

This is exactly the same way I look at it.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
This is exactly the same way I look at it.
This is my preferred approach--trade down to 13-15 range for a 2nd and pray that Turner or Verse are there. Not a fan of DT for the Bears this draft. I think everyone is writing off Dexter way too fast.

I didn't do a trade down for this exercise, thought.