I Know Our 1st Round Pick Is Protected...But

ZAN

Liked Posts:
...does anyone here really believe Ervin Santana is worth losing ANY draft pick over?

4.19 ERA, 8.7 H/9IP, 2.8 BB/9IP, 1.2 HR/9IP, 7.1 K/9IP = Santana
4.47 ERA, 9.0 H/9IP, 3.0 BB/9IP, 1.0 HR/9IP, 6.9 K/9IP = Jackson

Calling the guy a "better version of Edwin Jackson" still doesn't say anything at all...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
...does anyone here really believe Ervin Santana is worth losing ANY draft pick over?

Calling the guy a "better version of Edwin Jackson" still doesn't say anything at all...

guess if you take away 2012, Santana 2010,11,13 posted 37 wins AVG. about 220 IP ERA around 3.50 about a 1.2 WHIP..

if you get that Ervin Santana on a 3 yr deal, then yes he worth a 2nd RD pick, considering he will be just 31 and may have better success in NL..
also another thing to consider, maybe not this year but his return in a flip in a mid season trade could net a better return then a 2nd Rd pick..

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

I don't like Santana(neither does the MLB teams apparently) but if you're a team going all in and you need a pitcher.... that's the cost of doing business. The problem I have with over paying for a player both in terms of picks and money is that a lot of teams do it when they aren't really as close as the need to be. If you're someone like the nationals and you need a player to get you over the hump with the kind of young talent they already have... fine go for it. On the other hand, I really didn't like the yankee's offseason. I realize the yankee's don't punt seasons but if there was ever one to do so this was it in my opinion. I think they are on their last legs of this team and are trying to patch work it together. If they want to do that, it's their team but at the end of the day i see another 80-85 win team that's not good enough to get into the playoffs and probably kept themselves in the luxury tax which from here on will be 50%. They have something like 7 players making $150 mil over the next 3 years which basically guarantees any player they add is costing them 50% more the next 3 years.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't bother signing him. Santana is going to add maybe 3 wins over the #5 starter. Not worth the investment right now.\\At best with this choaker O is a 10 game winner vs 5-7 the #5 nets.

I would rather get a non attached guy or just let Grimm and Rusin duke it out with Hendricks waiting in AAA.

patg006

Liked Posts:

Do you know what you are even suggesting?

How dare you propose the 5th highest revenue team in the MLB spend money. And you want to hurt the precious farm!?!?!?!?!?!? To make the major league club better?!?!!?!?!?!?!

You must have lost your mind. Small market cubs don't play that way!

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do you know what you are even suggesting?

How dare you propose the 5th highest revenue team in the MLB spend money. And you want to hurt the precious farm!?!?!?!?!?!? To make the major league club better?!?!!?!?!?!?!

You must have lost your mind. Small market cubs don't play that way!

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

[video=youtube;BqG2lOfD9cc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqG2lOfD9cc[/video]

ZAN

Liked Posts:
in fact I'm proposing the opposite!

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
in fact I'm proposing the opposite!

lol. He didn't read it. Just saw a way to say...the same thing he says...all the time...

patg006

Liked Posts:
lol. He didn't read it. Just saw a way to say...the same thing he says...all the time...

Oh that's cute. You dropped the factor.

I'm glad you changed. Surprised I didn't get banned......

You still owe us pie, dick.

patg006

Liked Posts:

Think I'm bluffing?

Fisch knows where you live......

:notfunny:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I didn't drop anything. "Factor" simply wasn't deserving enough to be a part of my username anymore.

Think I'm bluffing?

Fisch knows where you live......

:notfunny:

Fisch thinks he knows where I live. You get no pie. And if you want to be banned, i can do that I guess. :shrug:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Santana's is way better especially pitching in the NL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I know where X lives?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Rather sign Johan Santana to rehab. He is projected for next summer. So sign to a 1 with a team option for year 2. Gives insurance to retain for a year or opt out if he is not the same guy.

That makes more sense that what they have been doing. Baker had some upside and giving him 5.5 mil to sit on his ass was stupid. What was stupider was not having any control of the next year.

He is the only Santana I would want.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Rather sign Johan Santana to rehab. He is projected for next summer. So sign to a 1 with a team option for year 2. Gives insurance to retain for a year or opt out if he is not the same guy.

That makes more sense that what they have been doing. Baker had some upside and giving him 5.5 mil to sit on his ass was stupid. What was stupider was not having any control of the next year.

He is the only Santana I would want.

He would definitely be an upgrade, but Santana can definitely give up the gopher ball. Ouch!

If I had my choice, I think Jiminez would be the better gamble. Still scratching my head on the 2011 and 2012 seasons, but other than those two, he was pretty stout.

They already have E-Jax, I doubt they will throw more money at an aging pitcher who could bust. They will go the 1 year deal with incentives, plus an option year on some pitcher. Tanaka was this years multi-year pitcher and they didn't get him.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It is a pipe dream to think that Theo would give up the draft allotment for a 2nd round pick.

That is a choice to make when you are 1-2 pieces out vs a team out from being good.

The Cubs are a shitty team in a overhaul. They are in collecting mode vs trade up mode.

When this team can get to the ASG over .500 with what they have then you start thinking of adding contract.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was for it, until I saw he's already 31-years old.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Thought it over. They should resign Paul Malholm again. He won games here. He knows Bosio. He is good for 6 mil per and should net 12 wins. That is a bargain IMO.