I still believe in Fields

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm sure you'll agree.....when things aren't going well and passes aren't being completed, ya want mental toughness from your Qb, Ya want the team to continue believing in the Qb. Ya want the team to believe the Qb can persevere and lead everyone through tough times.
Respectully again, how can a shitty quarterback show leadership?

Well players have spoke highly of JF. Leadership has been documented as one of his strengths. I get it, if you're uncomfortable with JF. But.... Take a look at the articles below.

Getsy pinpoints why Bears 'lucky' to have Fields leading rebuild

"That's what's so special about him," offensive coordinator Luke Getsy said Thursday after training camp practice. "Forget all the athletic part. That guy, the way he attacks every single day and his approach and leads by example, you know doesn't ask anybody to do anything he doesn't expect of himself. I mean that guy's a natural born leader type of guy so we're lucky to have a guy like that leading this thing."

Justin Fields lauded for displaying leadership - Chicago Bears

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...g-leadership&usg=AOvVaw0v-547OPorw725FYp7w5yC
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...g-leadership&usg=AOvVaw0v-547OPorw725FYp7w5yC

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Except Cutler was a veteran at this point, Fields is essentially playing as a rookie. Like I said in another thread, once he sees himself having success he'll be fine. He needs that one breakout game. They completely changed his footwork, and he's trying to get used to the timing of it, even Eberflus said as much. Combine that with the natural frustration of a quickly collapsing offensive line and terrible receivers it's making it hard for him to trust things.

But he'll be fine... he's smart and he's a worker. The kid has been playing quarterback for over a decade... he's been to countless QB camps and has had a personal quarterback coach since he was 15. He understand concepts, timing and defenses. The system and speed is what's hanging him up, but he's a dog... he'll be ok.
Well if we are going to play the "essentially playing as a rookie" game then Cutler was essentially a rookie like 5 times for the Bears. In fact because of the constant coaching changes almost his entire tenure with the bears would have to be labeled as a "rookie"..

Or we can live in reality and Fields rookie year was last year.. Just like Cutlers rookie year was in Denver

shoez90

Liked Posts:
dude stfu, I expressed an opinion, it doesn't matter if you don't like it, you don't get to censor my opinion or try to regulate what I think, AND i don't care what you think....if you can't live with it go by some midol or maybe get a therapist....this isn't some hive mind where you are the controller of the thoughts and everyone has to think what you think
So did I dumb mf you don't get to dog out either. Take your own advice.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Fuck the stats.
I'm talking about calling plays to help a young QB get comfortable. It's not hard to scheme high percentage short pass plays even if they are very short gains that lead to not converting 3rd downs.
But as we have seen our coaches are very conservative and have no problem protecting the ball, punting and believing in the players to believe in themselves more than the other team and pull the victory out at the end.
It's probably asking the impossible for an OC with limited talent to pass more when you are setting records in the ground game. Sacrificing the most effective perceived gameplan just to cater to the QB growth could essentially cost games but you could also rationalize that growing the QB over winning games in the short term could lead to more overall wins this year.

The only exception I could see and the more I think about it seems more plausible and is something I haven't heard anyone bring up and explains why Poles did not sacrifice his long term vision to get Fields more help.
We have already seen to an extent how the team handled Jenkins and and looks like a lot of tough love and self accountability.
It's very possible they have no problem with Fields going through trying situations because they want to test/and or mold him. I think it's safe to say Poles is pretty unshakable in his vision for this team and the types of players and resiliency is the most often trait he brought up in the off season.
If Fields is not very resilient then Poles will 100% not want him at the face and leader of this team regardless of how enticing his physical gifts are.
I think it's likely that they are testing/molding Fields. I could get behind that. Could be a huge mistake but I respect the balls, vision and discipline of Poles if this is the case.
Week three is also a option I doubt he opened the whole playbook. Short passes are great I agree but we need that Beasley type guy to take that hit and catch it. Seen alot of drops that would be that way. Everyone has improvements especially Justin but is he a bust or a wasted pick we can't know that already.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
So did I dumb mf you don't get to dog out either. Take your own advice.
I can say whatever i want fuckface, I didnt bring you into the convo, you called me out you mouthbreathing hemorrhoid...stfu blocked

Last edited:

shoez90

Liked Posts:
I can say whatever i want fuckface, I didnt bring you into the convo, you called me out you mouthbreathing hemorrhoid...stfu blocked
I said my opinion based off yours about the game but I kept it pg you started the name calling deal with it tough guy. I could care less about your Texas ass. unblocked

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He sucks until he doesn't. Ppl who thought they saw flashes last year were kidding themselves.
hi Shit Stain! I know you can't read this rn, but I do hope you're enjoying your lurk watching the Becky's run shop all over your bitch ass! You are officially THEE worst. @dabears70 imo, has been promoted.

Fuck off you cunt.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's a shame Black SmoothBraneBro isn't here to take his lumps for being completely wrong about JF1.
I'm gonna unban him I think. It was annoying what he was pulling Sunday afternoon after Fields performance, but now I just want to see everyone dunk on him.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler was terrible at avoiding pressure. He was a carbon copy of Fields in that sense. Some guys have this sixth sense when it comes to avoiding pressure. It’s not that they’re even necessarily athletic. They just now how to slide a little and avoid pressure. Take a little step one way and the defender misses them or runs into a block. You see it every week. Some guys that aren’t really even good quarterbacks have it. Cutler would repeatedly run into sacks. It’s like there are two options. One you avoid the sack completely. The other you’re running into it. The good ones always get it right. They see it. Cutler and Fields don’t see it. They’re just guessing. They might get lucky and choose the right path that avoids the sack. They’re just as likely to pick the wrong option and run right into it.

Cc: @Anytime23

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
hi Shit Stain! I know you can't read this rn, but I do hope you're enjoying your lurk watching the Becky's run shop all over your bitch ass! You are officially THEE worst. @dabears70 imo, has been promoted.

Fuck off you cunt.
kanye-west-laugh.gif

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Cutler was terrible at avoiding pressure. He was a carbon copy of Fields in that sense. Some guys have this sixth sense when it comes to avoiding pressure. It’s not that they’re even necessarily athletic. They just now how to slide a little and avoid pressure. Take a little step one way and the defender misses them or runs into a block. You see it every week. Some guys that aren’t really even good quarterbacks have it. Cutler would repeatedly run into sacks. It’s like there are two options. One you avoid the sack completely. The other you’re running into it. The good ones always get it right. They see it. Cutler and Fields don’t see it. They’re just guessing. They might get lucky and choose the right path that avoids the sack. They’re just as likely to pick the wrong option and run right into it.
Fantastically premature… Imagine a young QB, in a new offense needing a bit of time to get his equilibrium and find a level of comfort in the system…

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All that I asked at the beginning of the year was to give this team—QB, OL, WR, coaches, play-calling—some time. We're barely 50% of the way through the season, and look at how much they've improved.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fantastically premature… Imagine a young QB, in a new offense needing a bit of time to get his equilibrium and find a level of comfort in the system…
EZpeezy was a big time Mitch guy and was so upset that people were excited about Fields that he immediately started shitting on him after the Cleveland game. Some just can’t move on from the previous players, coaches and executives that they were wrong about.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
This is true. Fields looks like a different player. I can't remember this big of a 180 in such a short time.

A light switch got flipped on.
It’s impressive how much the changes made during mini-bye are helping the entire offense synergies with itself. Early in the season and especially last year with Nagy the team had RB runs and they had pass plays - and you probably knew which it was presnap because of formation. Sometimes Fields would scramble but the run game generally didn’t help set up passing.

Now the Bears can hand off to RBs, qb keep, jet sweep, bootleg pass, sprint out, play action etc. it’s all possible out of the same formations and you have no idea what it’s going to be until it’s pretty much too late. Everything works together to create ambiguity /confusion in the defense - fields leaves the pocket is it a run? A scramble on broken play? Designed moving the pocket for pass? You don’t know until the ball is in the air or fields is down field and it’s too late by that point. Even if you know the Bears are going to run (most 2nd downs) defense has no idea WHO is going to have the ball on the run plays - I think that’s why the jet sweeps keep getting 10+ yards.