Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I believe this draft will go well. Combined with the trade down that netted DJ Moore, all of this should reflect kindly on Cunningham. It’s well known he’s Poles’ number one guy and has to be closely involved in all the planning and strategy.

I think there’s a good chance he gets a GM slot next year. That would bag the Bears two third round picks.

In 2024, that would give them 2 firsts a second and two thirds.

In 2025, they would have a first, two seconds and two thirds.

With some trade backs, there’s no telling how much draft capital that could eventually net them.

If Fields is as good as I think he is, this is an exciting time to follow the Bears. Hell, Fields made last season entertaining which was a monumental feat!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I believe this draft will go well. Combined with the trade down that netted DJ Moore, all of this should reflect kindly on Cunningham. It’s well known he’s Poles’ number one guy and has to be closely involved in all the planning and strategy.

I think there’s a good chance he gets a GM slot next year. That would bag the Bears two third round picks.

With some trade backs, there’s no telling how much draft capital that could eventually net them.

If Fields is as good as I think he is, this is an exciting time to follow the Bears. Hell, Fields made last season entertaining which was a monumental feat!
I think they'd get 2 3rds in 2025 if Cunningham got a gm job next year (2024), I could be wrong though

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think they'd get 2 3rds in 2025 if Cunningham got a gm job next year (2024), I could be wrong though
Nope, you get one for the year he’s hired and the next year.

From the NFL:

“(i) The employer-club of a minority employee who has been hired by another club as its Head Coach or Primary Football Executive (General Manager) shall receive Draft choice compensation in the form of a compensatory Draft pick in the third round in each of the next two Drafts for an employee hired as either a Head Coach or Primary Football Executive, or for the next three Drafts if it has two employees hired for both positions. The reference to the hiring of employees into “both positions” could be by the same club or different clubs. The following will apply to the Draft choice compensation:

a. Any compensatory Draft picks awarded pursuant to this Policy will be at the end of the third round following all compensatory Draft picks awarded to clubs pursuant to Appendix V of the NFL-NFLPA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
b. If multiple clubs are awarded compensatory Draft picks pursuant to this Policy, then the order of those picks at the end of the third round will follow the original selection order for that Draft established prior to any trades or other adjustments.”

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Looking good.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don't know about trading down unless we're trading down for futures because we simply have too many picks.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

You spelled feet wrong.