Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This thread has been a real pleasure.

Meatballs pretending they didn't support many of Pace's trade-ups.

OP saying a couple of years ago, all teams have holes on the roster (when defending the Bears' roster).

Blatant race baiting.

Having draft picks is suddenly a good thing again...instead of defending the Bears wasting of draft capital because the Rams trade a lot of 1sts.

Lol.
1682165528173.png1682165579510.png

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hiring/Not Hiring solely based on skin color is a great strategy.

It is not based soley on skin color. It is also based on their ability and the fact it comes with draft picks.

Were you crying when 80-90% of the coaches in a league made up of 70% black players were white? Or was that fine because they didnt come up and say it was due to race even when it is obvious race played a role?

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
It is not based soley on skin color. It is also based on their ability and the fact it comes with draft picks.

Were you crying when 80-90% of the coaches in a league made up of 70% black players were white? Or was that fine because they didnt come up and say it was due to race even when it is obvious race played a role?
So a company gets rewarded only if they hire someone of a certain skin color who then gets a promotion with another company.

Awesome.

How does this one sound:

Nba and nfl teams get extra draft picks if they draft a white player who then gets a 2nd contract with another team?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So a company gets rewarded only if they hire someone of a certain skin color who then gets a promotion with another company.

Awesome.

How does this one sound:

Nba and nfl teams get extra draft picks if they draft a white player who then gets a 2nd contract with another team?

The NBA doesn't have the negative HC fair hiring practice issues that the NFL has had over the yrs

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Awesome.

How does this one sound:

-remydat

You mentioned "draft picks" in your last response, however..........
What do u say directly to his questions above? Please go in-depth......Are his questions above accurate or inaccurate ??

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Awesome.

How does this one sound:

Sounds fine to me as there arent a lot of white players in the NBA.

Did you expect me to have a problem with that idea?

Although to make this fair it would have to be the case that the people drafting players are majority black. You see the issue here is white owners overwhelmingly hiring white GMs and coaches.

So to make a comparison it would have to be the case that teams are overwhelmingly black and are drafting overwhelmingly black players but in your example it is white run teams largely drafting black players so there isnt a potential issue of racial bias.

Get it yet dum dum? This is a question of implementing policies to combat hidden racial bias so maybe find an example that is comparable.

greg23

Liked Posts:

Although to make this fair it would have to be the case that the people drafting players are majority black. You see the issue here is white owners overwhelmingly hiring white GMs and coaches.

So to make a comparison it would have to be the case that teams are overwhelmingly black and are drafting overwhelmingly black players but in your example it is white run teams largely drafting black players so there isnt a potential issue of racial bias.

Get it yet dum dum? This is a question of implementing policies to combat hidden racial bias so maybe find an example that is comparable.
Since it's a numbers game judged by color (which is clearly the only thing that matters)

60% of owners/gm/coaches/players in all sports white

19% of owners/gm/coaches/players in all sports hispanic

13% of owners/gm/coaches/players in all sports black

8% of owners/gm/coaches/players in all sports other

Sound good???

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Since it's a numbers game judged by color (which is clearly the only thing that matters)

Sound good???

How does your above statements tie in with the original questions below from link #48 geared toward the NFL?

-remydat

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

This but problems also come about on this board when someone runs up a shit take on an individual instance based solely on this accurate generality.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Sound good???

Ok but what are going to do to address the issue at hand? Like we are straying from the core issue.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Sound good???

How do your above statements tie in with the original questions below from link #48 that are geared toward the NFL? ?

-remydat

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
How does your above statements tie in with the original questions below from link #48 that are geared toward the NFL? ?

-remydat
What do you think about Cunningham? Does he get a GM job and secure the Bears two 3rd round picks?

That would be another nice progression for the rebuild.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What do you think about Cunningham? Does he get a GM job and secure the Bears two 3rd round picks?

That would be another nice progression for the rebuild.
Thanks for the questions.

wow.....so that's a deep question. Obviously, I would think if we do well and get (deep) into the playoffs this yr. or next, we might potentially lose some staff, including Cunningham. Of course, we'll have to see how Cunningham progresses with the team under Poles and the Bear org. Sure.....I'd like to see us get two 3rd round picks.

Sigh.....here's where it gets deep. Without getting to political, I long for the day where if a person(s) is qualified, he automatically gets a fair shot at being hired for decision making positions in the NFL (then "compensatory picks" would be unnecessary).

IMO.....that would be a nice progression not only for a Bear rebuild, but for the NFL moving forward. (y)

greg23

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the questions.

wow.....so that's a deep question. Obviously, I would think if we do well and get (deep) into the playoffs this yr. or next, we might potentially lose some staff, including Cunningham. Of course, we'll have to see how Cunningham progresses with the team under Poles and the Bear org. Sure.....I'd like to see us get two 3rd round picks.

Sigh.....here's where it gets deep. Without getting to political, I long for the day where if a person(s) is qualified, he automatically gets a fair shot at being hired for decision making positions in the NFL (then "compensatory picks" would be unnecessary).

IMO.....that would be a nice progression not only for a Bear rebuild, but for the NFL moving forward. (y)
6 of the last 8 gm hired in nfl were black
8 of 32 nfl gm are black
9 of 32 gm are non white

Whats the appropriate # or % for things to be considered "progress" or "fair"?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here’s what the 49ers have been able to do with this rule.

From Peter King:

“The 49ers are living with the consequences of dealing three first-round picks and one third-rounder for Trey Lance in 2021. Luckily for them, the NFL’s special compensatory picks for equal opportunity were invented in 2020, as a way to encourage teams to hire, develop and promote minority coaches and scouts so they will become candidates for head coach and GM jobs. The Niners, since 2020, have paved the way for minority candidates Robert Saleh, Mike McDaniel and DeMeco Ryans to be hired elsewhere as head coaches, and for Martin Mayhew and Ran Carthon to move on as general managers.

The way the system works: A team that loses a minority GM or coach will get compensatory picks at the end of the next two third rounds. A team that loses a minority GM and coach in the same year will get three third-round picks over the next two drafts. So the losses of Saleh/Mayhew early in 2021 meant the 49ers would get picks at the end of the third round in 2021, ’22 and ’23. Losing McDaniel to Miami as a head coach last year gave the Niners third-rounders in 2022 and ’23. And the Carthon/Ryans losses brought in third-rounders in ’23, ’24 and ’25. That’s eight picks total.”

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
6 of the last 8 gm hired in nfl were black
8 of 32 nfl gm are black
9 of 32 gm are non white

Whats the appropriate # or % for things to be considered "progress" or "fair"?

First can u address this.........
-remydat

greg23

Liked Posts:
First can u address this.........
-remydat
I did...since you want to use %; just apply % across the board to all employees of sports teams since it's "obvious race plays a role" in every position that doesn't meet the actual race % in this country.