Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I believe this draft will go well. Combined with the trade down that netted DJ Moore, all of this should reflect kindly on Cunningham. It’s well known he’s Poles’ number one guy and has to be closely involved in all the planning and strategy.

I think there’s a good chance he gets a GM slot next year. That would bag the Bears two third round picks.

In 2024, that would give them 2 firsts a second and two thirds.

In 2025, they would have a first, two seconds and two thirds.

With some trade backs, there’s no telling how much draft capital that could eventually net them.

If Fields is as good as I think he is, this is an exciting time to follow the Bears. Hell, Fields made last season entertaining which was a monumental feat!
I was on this possibility regarding Cunningham a long time ago. I hope he nails down one of these jobs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Soooooo......

When Poles replaces Cunningham with some young and eager person and that person is just as good and gets a gm gig 2 years later the nfl just says FU, no picks for your organization because the skin color is white?

What if that person were the first woman to be a nfl gm....or since it's the current rage; the first tranny to be a nfl gm???

Sorry Bears; White; no picks for you!

"Whereas, the member clubs believe that it is appropriate to take additional steps to enhance opportunities for employment and advancement of minorities and women in key positions, including leadership roles in coaching, personnel, and football operations,"

The policy includes women.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I’m just so mad Alan Williams got caught spanking it with the door open.

That guy was clearly a head coach in the making and cost us two picks!
Come on, is that what happened? WTF?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I believe this draft will go well. Combined with the trade down that netted DJ Moore, all of this should reflect kindly on Cunningham. It’s well known he’s Poles’ number one guy and has to be closely involved in all the planning and strategy.

I think there’s a good chance he gets a GM slot next year. That would bag the Bears two third round picks.

In 2024, that would give them 2 firsts a second and two thirds.

In 2025, they would have a first, two seconds and two thirds.

With some trade backs, there’s no telling how much draft capital that could eventually net them.

If Fields is as good as I think he is, this is an exciting time to follow the Bears. Hell, Fields made last season entertaining which was a monumental feat!
Cunningham could have left for a GM position last year but decided to stay. He gets that gig as soon as he wants it.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Cunningham could have left for a GM position last year but decided to stay. He gets that gig as soon as he wants it.
It doesn’t quite work that way. He had an offer last offseason. If the Bears had botched the trade or had a terrible draft in ‘23, he might not be viewed in the same light.

The NFL is a fickle business. However, I do think he’ll be a hot commodity this year. The Bears have several young players showing a lot of promise and DJ Moore and Sweat are the real deal.

Also, I think he’ll get credit for picking Roseman’s pocket twice.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It doesn’t quite work that way. He had an offer last offseason. If the Bears had botched the trade or had a terrible draft in ‘23, he might not be viewed in the same light.

The NFL is a fickle business. However, I do think he’ll be a hot commodity this year. The Bears have several young players showing a lot of promise and DJ Moore and Sweat are the real deal.

Also, I think he’ll get credit for picking Roseman’s pocket twice.
1st off, he's not the decision making GM. He's the asst GM and the Bear had accomplished nothing except the worst record in Football when he was offered the Cards job in mid January. That has to do with his rep and interview acumen and certainly not the Bear resume at the time. The trade draft went down 2 months later and Poles had final say, not Cunningham.

It's his previous resume that had him in high regard. How does the 2nd part of your post contradict anything about how he'd be able to get a GM gig this year. Ultimately, the Bear are a 5-9 team that was hoping for better this year. How does that elevate him vs last year regardless of the trade etc. Sure we got Sweat but Mack is setting records. It's a wash with the salary. Does Claypool count against him or Poles? Are you being contrarian while agreeing with me that he can get a GM job for no reason other than to be a contrarian?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was smart to stay. Nobody wants to want to work for the Bidwells.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
1st off, he's not the decision making GM. He's the asst GM and the Bear had accomplished nothing except the worst record in Football when he was offered the Cards job in mid January. That has to do with his rep and interview acumen and certainly not the Bear resume at the time. The trade draft went down 2 months later and Poles had final say, not Cunningham.

It's his previous resume that had him in high regard. How does the 2nd part of your post contradict anything about how he'd be able to get a GM gig this year. Ultimately, the Bear are a 5-9 team that was hoping for better this year. How does that elevate him vs last year regardless of the trade etc. Sure we got Sweat but Mack is setting records. It's a wash with the salary. Does Claypool count against him or Poles? Are you being contrarian while agreeing with me that he can get a GM job for no reason other than to be a contrarian?
So do you think if the Bears had a terrible draft, were 2-12, and the young guys weren’t showing promise, he’d be in line for GM jobs this offseason?

Obviously, he’s the Assistant GM but people see him tied at the hip with Poles. Everyone knows he’s Poles main sounding board. He absolutely gets a ding for Claypool. You know he gave his opinion and if he was negative, I doubt Poles would have pulled the trigger.

My point is things change quickly in the NFL. Just because he had an offer last year doesn’t automatically mean he’s getting one this year.

By the way, Sweat is 27 and Mack is 32. Mack will be 33 in February. That makes a huge difference. Plus, Mack collected 6 of his sacks against an absolutely clueless Aidan O’Connell in his first NFL start.

He and Poles have done enough for Cunningham to get a chance in ‘24. I hope it happens. It’s still no lock.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So do you think if the Bears had a terrible draft, were 2-12, and the young guys weren’t showing promise, he’d be in line for GM jobs this offseason?

Obviously, he’s the Assistant GM but people see him tied at the hip with Poles. Everyone knows he’s Poles main sounding board. He absolutely gets a ding for Claypool. You know he gave his opinion and if he was negative, I doubt Poles would have pulled the trigger.

My point is things change quickly in the NFL. Just because he had an offer last year doesn’t automatically mean he’s getting one this year.

By the way, Sweat is 27 and Mack is 32. Mack will be 33 in February. That makes a huge difference. Plus, Mack collected 6 of his sacks against an absolutely clueless Aidan O’Connell in his first NFL start.

He and Poles have done enough for Cunningham to get a chance in ‘24. I hope it happens. It’s still no lock.
That's just it. I never brought any of that up and was simply stating his current situation. You just pulled all that out your ass for no reason. Don't care about the rest. I humored your examples for fun but it's all tangential to the post of mine that you quoted.

It's not a 'what if' qualified situation. He'll get a GM gig if he wants one and that's all i stated. The rest is some arbitrary stuff going on in your head that you may or may not be wrong about. It just doesn't bear on my original statement that you seemed to have issue with.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That's just it. I never brought any of that up and was simply stating his current situation. You just pulled all that out your ass for no reason. Don't care about the rest. I humored your examples for fun but it's all tangential to the post of mine that you quoted.

It's not a 'what if' qualified situation. He'll get a GM gig if he wants one and that's all i stated. The rest is some arbitrary stuff going on in your head that you may or may not be wrong about. It just doesn't bear on my original statement that you seemed to have issue with.
There will only be a few openings. I hope he lands one. It’s not nearly as simple as “he’ll get a GM job if he wants one.” There are plenty of qualified executives that he’ll be competing against.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

He wants it. I hope he converts the interview into a job.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

lol, what records is Mack setting? He’s such a difference maker that the Raiders put up 63 on the Chargers lol

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol, what records is Mack setting? He’s such a difference maker that the Raiders put up 63 on the Chargers lol
LOL, 17 sacks on the 28th ranked defense when opponents could afford to call plays to avoid him. On his way to another PB and the HOF.

What crawled up your ass this fine morning. Cunningham not yet getting a GM gig is a positive for me. I'm glad he's here.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LOL, 17 sacks on the 28th ranked defense when opponents could afford to call plays to avoid him. On his way to another PB and the HOF.

What crawled up your ass this fine morning. Cunningham not yet getting a GM gig is a positive for me. I'm glad he's here.
So am I but trading Mack was a net positive for the organization

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He wants it. I hope he converts the interview into a job.
and if he doesn't it will come. He's obviously well respected and not just a racial quota candidate.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So am I but trading Mack was a net positive for the organization
So? All I said is that Sweat's play is not an upgrade to Mack's. If the Bear were contenders and not in a rebuild, he'd still be here. Obviously, trading him was the right thing to do under the circumstances.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So? All I said is that Sweat's play is not an upgrade to Mack's. If the Bear were contenders and not in a rebuild, he'd still be here. Obviously, trading him was the right thing to do under the circumstances.
Mack was oft-injured and missed most of 2021. Sweat’s play has been better than Mack’s, mainly because Mack was always not 100%. If Pace would have nailed the 2017 QB pick, the addition of Mack would have been the final piece in the puzzle to win it all in 2018. But fuck you Pace & Trubisky!!!!!!!!!