mikeyk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dexter Williams.

Yes, I'm a Notre Dame fan... but if anyone has watched this season (and last), it's hard to imagine he wont be a stud in the NFL.

Almost 7 ypc this season and because of older players in front of him and a stupid weed thing this offseason, he has low miles on his legs.

He was actually a higher recruit than Saquon Barkley and several times outran 4.3 40 guys from florida state while running 20 times for 202 and two Teddies.

He is at almost 7 YPC in only 6 games this season for nearly 800 yards. He is the true NFL pedigree for an RB.. 6'1", 209 and breakaway speed.

Any thoughts or criticisms are appreciated. He is REALLY good in pass pro now too as an RB.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears won't be able to get him at 32

I think he falls til the 2nd or 3rd.. but you may be right, especially if they end up in playoff games and he goes off as expected. He is somewhat unknown nationally right now, but that will be gone if he does big things in the playoffs for NCAA.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I like Devin Singletary out of Florida Atlantic.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Gentle reminder the Bears do not have a 1st or 2nd round pick next year.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone that is already looking at the draft can seriously get bent. Get the fuck out of here with this shit. In the damn middle of a playoff run and you're talking about next year's draft.

napo55

Liked Posts:
How about bringing Ryan Nall up from the practice squad to replace Taquan Mizzell? Mizzell hasn't done anything and Nall at least looked good in preseason with several long runs.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dexter Williams.

Yes, I'm a Notre Dame fan... but if anyone has watched this season (and last), it's hard to imagine he wont be a stud in the NFL.

Almost 7 ypc this season and because of older players in front of him and a stupid weed thing this offseason, he has low miles on his legs.

He was actually a higher recruit than Saquon Barkley and several times outran 4.3 40 guys from florida state while running 20 times for 202 and two Teddies.

He is at almost 7 YPC in only 6 games this season for nearly 800 yards. He is the true NFL pedigree for an RB.. 6'1", 209 and breakaway speed.

Any thoughts or criticisms are appreciated. He is REALLY good in pass pro now too as an RB.

I honestly think this is a great idea. Jordan Howard is great but he's just not fitting with this offensive scheme. Trade him and draft a replacement. I'm in.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dexter isn't a first round talent, probably a mid round pick at best. Jordan Howard might be the pass blocking RB in the league. He's straight up destroying blitzing defenders.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard isnt a great fit..
Sorry, I know you're really asking about Williams, but I think your first assertion is the place we have to start, before we burn a draft pick on a RB.

continued...

I honestly think this is a great idea. Jordan Howard is great but he's just not fitting with this offensive scheme. Trade him and draft a replacement. I'm in.
Is it really true Howard doesn't fit in this offensive scheme? Is Howard really a problem or liability on this team?

1. Is "our scheme" never going to rush a RB up the middle? (especially in short-yardage, or to run out the clock?)

Last few games, no RB has been particularly successful rushing up the middle. Of the backs that try, Howard has been the most successful, because he has better-than-average vision and power. You think Williams or another RB draft pick is going to be better than Howard at these essential offensive plays? Our problem is run blocking, not Howard.

2. Howard has not been dropping passes thrown, or dumped, to him.

Sure, there's better receiving RBs... like a RB we already have on the team in Cohen. Bears can throw more to Howard if they feel they want to, as Howard's been worked hard on it since last season. Just because they aren't targeting him doesn't mean they want to throw it to another RB besides Cohen.

Maybe we have one of the RB we need in Howard already.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Howard isn't obsolete, Nagy's 2nd 1/2 with a big lead playcalling is.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears will always have a need for a big back for short yardage. Why can't that be Howard? I don't understand what people are expecting from a different back. Bears already have Cohen for the scat back, split slot/wide role.

So if they draft someone, it would be to compliment him. Seems like a lot to go through just to end up with someone just like Howard. Or more likely worse than Howard. Unless people think the Bears are going to find some generational talent in the 5th round.

If anything, I would rather see the Bears focus on Bringing people in to improve run blocking.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Bears will always have a need for a big back for short yardage. Why can't that be Howard? I don't understand what people are expecting from a different back. Bears already have Cohen for the scat back, split slot/wide role.

So if they draft someone, it would be to compliment him. Seems like a lot to go through just to end up with someone just like Howard. Or more likely worse than Howard. Unless people think the Bears are going to find some generational talent in the 5th round.

If anything, I would rather see the Bears focus on Bringing people in to improve run blocking.

Howard isn't gonna settle for being a situational back in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss voluntary work outs in the offseason and be a late addition to camp. Right now he's being a good teammate but that will change in a contract year. Without a 1st and a 2nd in the upcoming draft, Pace will likely deal Howard to get another pick.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Howard isn't gonna settle for being a situational back in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss voluntary work outs in the offseason and be a late addition to camp. Right now he's being a good teammate but that will change in a contract year. Without a 1st and a 2nd in the upcoming draft, Pace will likely deal Howard to get another pick.

Yeah, I guess we will see. But if I am the Bears, I keep him until his contract is up unless someone makes an offer (which is not going to happen) then worry about it.

Point being, Howard is a great fit for this system, though in a somewhat more limited role. I don't understand why people are in a hurry to dump him. And nobody is gon give Bears shit for him in trade.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Howard is fine. Our run blocking in this offense and the fact we do always do delays sucks ass

swz01

Liked Posts:

Bet he gets traded to the Jets

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Howard is fine. Our run blocking in this offense and the fact we do always do delays sucks ass

We know this team is capable of smashmouth downhill running. I would like to see Nagy incorporate those looks when appropriate.