if bennett and hardy both make it to free agency, who would you rather have?

n1handsome

Liked Posts:
greg hardy has been insane with the panthers piling up 15 sacks this season compared to bennett's 8.5

hes also 2 years younger than bennett

lets throw in michael johnson from the bengals in the mix too for fun

jcl2399

Liked Posts:
I really doubt Hardy would make the FA. I would say bring Bennett in and go after Byrd or Ward. Resign Melton, Collins, Wooten, and go after Dansby if price is right.

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
Guys like him don't make it to FA until they are in their 30's..... cough Peppers and Allen..

jcl2399

Liked Posts:
I think Pep is gone saving us around 9mil in cap this year to bring in at least 3 maybe 4 good D FA signings.

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
Let's create the former Probowler geezer D line

Peppers-Haynesworth-Ratliff-Allen

Apoptosis

Liked Posts:
I think Hardy is going to make it to FA for the fact the Panthers are going to have to pay Cam pretty soon and depending on how Hardy does in the playoffs his price may go up even more.

sewie

Liked Posts:
Do the Panthers have the payroll to keep Hardy and Captain?

Rise

Liked Posts:
I think Hardy is going to make it to FA for the fact the Panthers are going to have to pay Cam pretty soon and depending on how Hardy does in the playoffs his price may go up even more.

They probably won't be paying more than we just paid for Cutler. That ship sailed forget Hardy. McCown/Hardy was a possibility.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Apoptosis

Liked Posts:
Do the Panthers have the payroll to keep Hardy and Captain?
And Cam is going to want a raise after taking them to the playoffs, they can't tag him because they won't have the money so I believe that Hardy might leave.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Don't forget the Panthers, signed Charles Johnson to a big mega deal two years ago. Might be tough to pay both.

jcl2399

Liked Posts:
I would be shocked if they let Hardy walk though. The guy put up 18.5 sacks, Captain would be the one I think that would draw the short stick.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Michael Johnson please

Buyer beware. Did absolutely nothing when Geno Atkins went down. Remember another DE we had that dissapeared when Tommie Harris wasn't putting the pressure on inside?

Apoptosis

Liked Posts:
I'll pass on Johnson. Bennett would be ok if the salary wasn't to bad but I prefer Hardy.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
The obvious choice is Hardy but that's a pipe dream we just have way to many needs on D and even if we let Pep go we still have to take a cap hit. If we sign Bennett it lets us do more in FA, Bennett is a good not great DE good against the run and pass. 7.5 sacks as a institutional role is pretty good. I say Bennett, Byrd or Ward and another CB would help the defense out a bunch.

jcl2399

Liked Posts:
The obvious choice is Hardy but that's a pipe dream we just have way to many needs on D and even if we let Pep go we still have to take a cap hit. If we sign Bennett it lets us do more in FA, Bennett is a good not great DE good against the run and pass. 7.5 sacks as a institutional role is pretty good. I say Bennett, Byrd or Ward and another CB would help the defense out a bunch.

This is exactly what I was saying, Get bennet, Ward (Byrd will ask for way much more money), draft HA HA, and grab Dansby to help coach up the rookie LB's.

Apoptosis

Liked Posts:
This is exactly what I was saying, Get bennet, Ward (Byrd will ask for way much more money), draft HA HA, and grab Dansby to help coach up the rookie LB's.

This would be nice but a lot of luck would be needed.