If Bryce Young had been great as thought, this is what Bears fans would have demanded

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
I'm OK with moving up to take MHJ, except that's a costly move when I also think Odunze will fall right to us at 9 or a much smaller move.

Either way a top 10 WR is going to be on a 5 year rental not a career unless the Bears really change their attitudes towards offense AND the QB and WR are willing to leave some money on the table.
Poles somehow seems like that type who doesn't wait much to see what others do, as at least one failure shows. And on the other hand, trading a few of the best players as well. I don't mind if Odunze comes, but when there is no guarantee. That's how high-quality WR class is for top3. Something has to be left in the hand.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
The point is that most of us don't want the Bears to draft a tough class WR talent. If it means having to give up future picks.
With Fields, not many fans would have had a problem trading up.
When the gift (Panthers pick) comes, you shouldn't change your mind like many have done now. You have to stick to the plan, as I believe Poles does. And trade up either MJH or Nabers.
No no no. Let's take what we are given is the thought of many. Wrong. Now is the time to act when the QB talent of all time is on the team. Future picks for use and heading to the Super Bowl.
Bruh WAT

Am I stupid?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I respect your decision. My biggest concern is that DJ.Moore and K.Allen won't be in a Bears jersey in two years, so it would be nice to have better friends for Caleb Williams than Tyler Scott, Velus Jr and next year maybe Bust Luther Burden III.
Even now, it should be noted that Caleb Williams' payday will come at some point, so it won't happen like the Chiefs have to give up Hill, etc. You have to know how to manage cap space and I think Poles knows what he's doing.

Allen for sure won't be around in 2 years. 1 year is questionable.
It would be good to get a rookie WR now to learn from him along with the rookie QB learning from him.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
I respect your decision. My biggest concern is that DJ.Moore and K.Allen won't be in a Bears jersey in two years, so it would be nice to have better friends for Caleb Williams than Tyler Scott, Velus Jr and next year maybe Bust Luther Burden III.
Even now, it should be noted that Caleb Williams' payday will come at some point, so it won't happen like the Chiefs have to give up Hill, etc. You have to know how to manage cap space and I think Poles knows what he's doing.
Hey pal I don't usually recommend this based on how I've seen it shake out but you may be a prime candidate for xanax. You're discussing Caleb williams contract extension coming up and he hasn't even been drafted yet.

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
Trading up from 9 isn't a horrible idea and I agree most haven't considered it including myself.I think the price tag for MHJ at 4 is going to be huge. If you absolutely love Nabors and he is there at 6 or 7 is possible you can use next years 2nd and 3rd maybe.

Not a horrible idea if it falls that way but if you trade up it wouldn't be to get Caleb any "help" it would have to be that you love Nabors alot more than Odunze.
It's just not always clear to me where to keep those future picks. Now, by many measures, there is the best WR class a long time offered. You don't get breakthrough WR on the free market very often, and the cap space was used up for a few years. And Poles cannot guarantee that he will be given many years.
If you think that MHJ(or Nabors/Odunze) will immediately be at least Chase's level, then rather give a few future picks whose value is not certain.
A generation player is often more valuable than a few good players.
My point is that in my eyes the Bears are no longer a rebuilding team after this draft but looking for success. Many others think that there is still a lot to be done.

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
Hey pal I don't usually recommend this based on how I've seen it shake out but you may be a prime candidate for xanax. You're discussing Caleb williams contract extension coming up and he hasn't even been drafted yet.
That's how things work in the NFL.
A couple of months ago, everyone wanted Fields, but in same time it was ignored that at some point 200mil has to be paid to an incompetent passer.
Why did Poles not live in the moment as you would like, but looked several years into the future?

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
That's how things work in the NFL.
A couple of months ago, everyone wanted Fields, but in same time it was ignored that at some point 200mil has to be paid to an incompetent passer.
Why did Poles not live in the moment as you would like, but looked several years into the future?
No that's not at all how things work. You need literal psychiatric help if that's how you think this works. The player has yet to be drafted and you as a fan are stressing his extension if he is even given one four full years from now. Get a grip 😅

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
Allen for sure won't be around in 2 years. 1 year is questionable.
It would be good to get a rookie WR now to learn from him along with the rookie QB learning from him.
It would bring a lot of security. And rookie could learn a lot from quality veterans and less pressure than normal. And an affordable contract for 4 years, especially rocket fast if it is estimated.
There is too little discussion that thanks to/because of Caleb Williams the value of the Bears' future picks will drop a lot, so why not use them now that they still have more value.
Or do Bears fans imagine that Caleb Williams is a bust?

Reactions: Myk

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
No that's not at all how things work. You need literal psychiatric help if that's how you think this works. The player has yet to be drafted and you as a fan are stressing his extension if he is even given one four full years from now. Get a grip 😅
As a Bears fan, a lucky day comes at most once every 10 years, so 5 years is a short time.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

That's not what Xanax is for, at all. That could be why you've seen poor outcomes. Xanax really sucks for anything but fast rescue from anxiety to stop a panic attack or get you started on sleep that anxious thoughts are keeping you from (otherwise it sucks as a sleeping pill too).

However your inability to plan ahead and that refusal to plan ahead making the future failure a self fulfilling prophecy because you can only live in the moment could mean you're a candidate for Seroquel.

If you want Williams to have the best chance at success you want the best offense for at least his probable 5 years on the team. After those 5 years any WRs that are worth keeping probably won't be worth paying and we can repeat this. Or we don't and hope that by 5 years Williams can be like Favre or Rodgers and make lesser 2nd-4th round WRs seem better.
All that wanting an offense now is doing is planning for the 4-5 year rookie contract that is going to be on the table very soon.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
That's not what Xanax is for, at all. That could be why you've seen poor outcomes. Xanax really sucks for anything but fast rescue from anxiety to stop a panic attack or get you started on sleep that anxious thoughts are keeping you from (otherwise it sucks as a sleeping pill too).

However your inability to plan ahead and that refusal to plan ahead making the future failure a self fulfilling prophecy because you can only live in the moment could mean you're a candidate for Seroquel.

If you want Williams to have the best chance at success you want the best offense for at least his probable 5 years on the team. After those 5 years any WRs that are worth keeping probably won't be worth paying and we can repeat this. Or we don't and hope that by 5 years Williams can be like Favre or Rodgers and make lesser 2nd-4th round WRs seem better.
All that wanting an offense now is doing is planning for the 4-5 year rookie contract that is going to be on the table very soon.
Panic and anxiety. Often symptoms of irrationally overthinking. No idea what you thought you were gonna accomplish with this but thanks for a quick rehash of proper xanax use in the exact way mentioned 🫡

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Panic and anxiety. Often symptoms of irrationally overthinking. No idea what you thought you were gonna accomplish with this but thanks for a quick rehash of proper xanax use in the exact way mentioned 🫡

I'm with Clint, get some xanax if Caleb's second contract is worrying you before he's even been drafted!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Except planning ahead for the QB we know we'll be getting for the contract we know he'll have and planning for the supporting team fans should realize a QB needs by now is not overthinking or irrational.

"What if" is anxiety thinking. You wanting to wait and see before doing anything to help him because "what if" he busts is more irrational and self defeating.
But like I said with seroquel that's not anxiety, that's schizophrenia or bipolar psychosis wanting to live in the moment and splurge to do what you want instead of what you know you should do.

But like Williams, MHJ probably isn't available for any price. A team who needs him already has the pick to get him.
It would also be costly for the Bears to move up that far when there are 3 WRs available and about 12-13 top 10 players all with teams with needs for them.
Poles could stay at 9 or move up 1 or 2 spots if needed and get Nabers or Odunze. Any of 3 are likely to be FAs after 5 years on the Bears.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
But like I said with seroquel that's not anxiety, that's schizophrenia or bipolar psychosis wanting to live in the moment and splurge to do what you want instead of what you know you should do.

What pharmaceuticals do you recommend when Ryan Poles trades #1 to the Jets on Draft Night for a ton of picks and Aaron Rodgers???

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Except planning ahead for the QB we know we'll be getting for the contract we know he'll have and planning for the supporting team fans should realize a QB needs by now is not overthinking or irrational.

"What if" is anxiety thinking. You wanting to wait and see before doing anything to help him because "what if" he busts is more irrational and self defeating.

But like Williams, MHJ probably isn't available for any price. A team who needs him already has the pick to get him.
It would also be costly for the Bears to move up that far when there are 3 WRs available and about 12-13 top 10 players all with teams with needs for them.
Poles could stay at 9 or move up 1 or 2 spots if needed and get Nabers or Odunze. Any of 3 are likely to be FAs after 5 years on the Bears.
hey listen Jordan Peterson maybe we skip the xanax and just go full on lobotomy with you, I don't think that shits gonna get the job done for this.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
What pharmaceuticals do you recommend when Ryan Poles trades #1 to the Jets on Draft Night for a ton of picks and Aaron Rodgers???

The usual alcohol it's been for the last 40 years.

hey listen Jordan Peterson maybe we skip the xanax and just go full on lobotomy with you, I don't think that shits gonna get the job done for this.

Uhh, you started it with a bad diagnosis and a bad prescription recommendation.
I know anxiety and xanax. This is not anxiety and other than putting him to sleep for a few hours xanax wouldn't solve anything in this thread.

If anything if he was sober to have his thoughts more comprehensive from the 1st post it would help.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
The usual alcohol it's been for the last 40 years.

Uhh, you started it with a bad diagnosis and a bad prescription recommendation.
I know anxiety and xanax. This is not anxiety and other than putting him to sleep for a few hours xanax wouldn't solve anything in this thread.

If anything if he was sober to have his thoughts more comprehensive from the 1st post it would help.
No, I started with the literal thing (xanax joke) you would give someone who is anxious and panicking over their favorite football teams decision making 4 years out, and ended up in this hell with you putting words in my mouth about what I think in regards to getting CW help. News flash Doctor Retardigan, I do not give a fuck about these weird rants you're going on nor have I even given an opinion on this topic you keep rambling about. Buy a mirror, look in it, and get whoever you see back some help. Thanks.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Poles was done with Fields and would've been picking a QB in the first this year regardless.