1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Be honest, who would do it?

Thought this would be a fun thread ?.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Easily

If Poles is in love with Young/Stroud; the team tanked enough that he's got an out to trade Fields and move on to his "guy"

I don't really see either as being a generational #1 draft pick qb like manning/luck/burrow/etc so my guess is he rides with Fields and tries to add picks/assets.....and hopefully tries to help the offense vs drafting a slow slot cb and worthless position like ss with his top two picks

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
New year will get off to the right start if Tulane finishes this comeback over the pussies at USC

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Big 10 sucks

0-3 so far today
Par for the course for them. Ohio State choked, Michigan got embarrassed by TCU and the rest are irrelevant.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Williams and co aren’t available this year. That’s why you pray to get the #1 pick, auction it off to the highest bidder to get multiple 1sts next year plus high picks this year, and use your $125mil to build up the offensive and defensive lines and buy weapons.

That way you set Fields up for success and if he fails you have multiple 1sts next year to move up if needed and a rookie QB steps into an ideal situation. If Fields flourishes (which I feel is likely in this scenario) then he is setup in an ideal situation and there are still multiple 1sts to move around with and add talent to this team.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Williams and co aren’t available this year. That’s why you pray to get the #1 pick, auction it off to the highest bidder to get multiple 1sts next year plus high picks this year, and use your $125mil to build up the offensive and defensive lines and buy weapons.

That way you set Fields up for success and if he fails you have multiple 1sts next year to move up if needed and a rookie QB steps into an ideal situation. If Fields flourishes (which I feel is likely in this scenario) then he is setup in an ideal situation and there are still multiple 1sts to move around with and add talent to this team.
No weapons to buy unless they trade more picks away.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No weapons to buy unless they trade more picks away.
There are few upgrades potentially available… Pollard, Lazard, Chark are all upgrades to what they have out there now. But yes generally speaking this is a shitty offseason to try and load up on game changers.

But if this is going to continue to be a run first offense someone like Pollard would really stress the D on option plays. Lazard knows the offense. Chark is a really good WR when healthy. I’m not saying any are game changers but they do provide upgrades to likes of Ebner, EQ and/or Pettis.

There are a few trades that could make sense too but I’d rather hold onto the draft picks and find the #1 through the draft.

The real work needs to be done in the trenches.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it happens - DO NOT - change your name to Midway Williams. /s

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Caleb Williams is also really tiny. Listed as 6'1", 215 which is a joke. Probably closer to Tua size, 6', 190. Behind this OL, he ironically would probably have more concussions than Tua has had this year.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Caleb Williams is also really tiny. Listed as 6'1", 215 which is a joke. Probably closer to Tua size, 6', 190. Behind this OL, he ironically would probably have more concussions than Tua has had this year.
Why did I think he was much bigger than that? Guess I never paid attention to his measurables.