If Flus and Getsy are coming back. Just roll with Fields next year.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Sadly yes.
Flus in the Super Bowl will = Lovie in the Super Bowl. (It will actually be worse because Flus really has no concept of game or scoreboard awareness.)

Defensive coaches who rely too much on prevent D are fossils. Flus uses it to minimize how bad we lose by even when he's not using it to give away a win.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Problem there are legit qb choices now and they have the draft capital to make it happen. If wait another year they risk getting a guy like picket for qb. Things never line up right for the bears cause the front office stinks
Then clean house. Unless they don’t value the QB position.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I am surprised Getsy was not fired at this point. Eberflus I can atleast see although I disagree with it.

NMBearFan

Liked Posts:
Even if Flus is coming back, they need someone new on the offensive side. No more Getsy.
I was mostly happy with Flus and how the defense has come around until yesterday.

I think he needs to go, only keep him if we can't upgrade at coach.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Problem there are legit qb choices now and they have the draft capital to make it happen. If wait another year they risk getting a guy like picket for qb. Things never line up right for the bears cause the front office stinks

I'm there. The time is right for it to happen.
Whether he was ever able to be good or ever will be good Fields is at the end of his contract without proving it and banged up. We're not likely to fix the team for him to prove it before he requires money. All the signs say it's time to move on. Let's do it right for once.
Give the new guy a chance or don't bother.

Get rid of the coaches. Get an offensive HC who won't demand DBs instead of tools for the new QB. Get rid of the OC we know is terrible.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If there is no change, just build the team to be the best it can be. When Flus and company fail next year. Let new coaching staff pick the QB.

I don’t want Flus to be successful. He is not a coach that will win the Bears a SB. I don’t want the Bears ruin another QB prospect. Getsy play designs and situational calls suck. Just make the team like SF and draft QB multiple times until right.
I felt this way with Nagy bec he was so ignorantly stubborn that I KNEW there was 0% chance he'd improve or be competent.
Flus says all the right things, but is such a total chode at the podium with his positives, he sounds ignorant & disingenuous.

A competent OC is 100% needed. Getsy can't continue to learn on the job, and has showed no improvement from the week 1 debacle of a plan vs GB. He's throwing spaghetti at the wall, and hasn't even taught some basic mechanics to Fields, nor adjusted to his strengths, as we all know.

Rolling it back with Fields & Getsy is suicide and the definition of insanity.

Maybe there's a very small chance Flus improves on the job defensively and stops easing off the gas at the end, but he couldn't even do that vs GB when he didn't have the lead. Playing not to lose seems a part of his genetics, and that just can't continue. Sadly, Flus needs to go too IMO.

Fields' floor is what we've already seen, which isn't awful. His ceiling with competent coaching could be elite level high. Keeping him and FlusCo is an awful and pointless idea, even if they (smartly IMHO) sell off #1 for another huge haul to build the roster on a ton of cheap rookie deals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myk