If it's a QB

Liked Posts:
How long are all the Watson/Trib fanboys giving him before declaring him a bust or a god? One season? Three games? Five years? I'm just wondering how long we're going to have to wait for this guy to save the Bears like the savior he is. Same question regarding "making America great again".

Well considering there are still people who think Barkley should still be the guy I'd say they have a good while before some turn on them.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Unlike the "Make America Great Again" guy, you hope the Bears will not be serial liars and will be upfront right at the beginning and say any rookie QB will not start his rookie year. After that, the first year or two, fans want to see leadership and flashes of competence. If the Bears opt for a second tier QB later in the draft, you don't really expect very much and anything positive would be a happy surprise.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Year 1: hopefully he sits the whole year which means Glennon is good and we now have trade bait.

Year 2: Solid starter with flashes of greatness

Year 3: improve and make pro bowl

Year 4: peak and be a top 5 qb.

If you take a qb at 3, and he isn't top 5 by year 4 it's not what you wanted. If he is top 10-15 it's still a successful pick. Lower then that cut bait and start over.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The real question is: Will there be any survivors when the Bears do not draft a QB with the #3 pick?

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Watson will start week one and they will be the surprise team this year

11-5 with Watson

6-10 with Glennon

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's a very subjective question. I'd say every prospect has been given different amounts of time due to different variables like the situation of the team, injuries, opportunities, on field play, etc, etc. If our QB doesn't play for the entire first year like most believe, then I think by the end of his 3rd season (assuming he plays Year 2/3) you will have a decent idea if he can be a franchise QB.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unlike the "Make America Great Again" guy, you hope the Bears will not be serial liars and will be upfront right at the beginning and say any rookie QB will not start his rookie year. After that, the first year or two, fans want to see leadership and flashes of competence. If the Bears opt for a second tier QB later in the draft, you don't really expect very much and anything positive would be a happy surprise.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/69-Beliefs-and-Ideology-(Social-issues-ect)

that's what you're looking for....this forum section is all about da foosball

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Dak Prescott was a 2nd tier QB who took his team to the playoffs as a rookie and was named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. Shouldn't a QB taken with the #3 overall pick be able to exceed the play of a 4th round pick?

Sure as long as you drop him in a ready made offense with the best RB in the league, a great WR and OL, and a top 14 defense like Dak got.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think he (either qb) sits first part of season and either by injury or losses comes in after week eight. If he shows progress all is well, if not I could see by the end of his 2nd season us looking for other options for competition, if he can't win out then by end of third year, major grumbling will happen and he may be let go for other choices. He would not financially bind the bears so moving on is easier.

This is not based around wins and losses but rather his progression as a qb..

Make America great again is stupid...America has always been and will always be great. Trumps a chump

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Well the Bears had the #15 ranked D last year, one of the best young RBs in the league, and a solid OL. And I'm guessing they will draft a WR somewhat high so I will expect similar results from whatever QB is selected at #3...actually...I'll expect better results because you know, 4th rounder vs. #3 overall.

You can expect whatever you want but the reason the Bears are picking in the top 3 is because they're terrible. There's no comparison at all.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well the Bears had the #15 ranked D last year, one of the best young RBs in the league, and a solid OL. And I'm guessing they will draft a WR somewhat high so I will expect similar results from whatever QB is selected at #3...actually...I'll expect better results because you know, 4th rounder vs. #3 overall.

Richard Dent was an eighth round draft pick. I think that means every D linemen drafted in rounds that exist now should be hall of famers. Its only logical.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Three years from the time he starts would be my typical analysis but I also need to see improvement year to year. If no progress happens after two seasons of starts I would be thinking it's time to bring in competition

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Yeah just imagine this -- one or more of these QBs in the top end of this draft end up having huge success and the Bears decided to pass on all of them while Glennon doesn't impress by any means. Imagine that scenario! We'll be screaming for Pace's head especially if his draft completely fails and the top pick is a bust.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah just imagine this -- one or more of these QBs in the top end of this draft end up having huge success and the Bears decided to pass on all of them while Glennon doesn't impress by any means. Imagine that scenario! We'll be screaming for Pace's head especially if his draft completely fails and the top pick is a bust.

I know I will be calling for him to be dismissed. IMO if he doesn't draft a qb his leash gets very short...a mediocre year by Glennon meaning less than 8-8 and I don't want him back because he didn't do what he said he'd do about the qb position.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Watson will start week one and they will be the surprise team this year

11-5 with Watson

6-10 with Glennon

Watson very well may be good down the road, but he won't be that good his rookie year. That's a pipe dream.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I'd rather take Adams than some QB who might be good in 3 years. The learning curve for quarterbacks isn't what it used to be. Many of these guys are running pro-style offenses. If Dak, a 4th round pick, can do it with a solid team, the #3 overall pick should be able to easily come in and kill it.

I like Adams so i'm not shedding a tear if they draft him. But he better be one of the top S in the league by your own standard, or he's a wasted pick. Good safeties play 7-8 years at a high level, drop off, and then retire. We have QBs meanwhile who are playing until they're 40.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Dak Prescott was a 2nd tier QB who took his team to the playoffs as a rookie and was named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. Shouldn't a QB taken with the #3 overall pick be able to exceed the play of a 4th round pick?

Dallas has the best OL in the NFL, a top tb and wr. I think people are underestimating Glennon, but he's not the answer imo. There are virtually no blue chip offensive tackles in this draft. I think we're going to have to cross our fingers that they can trade down or someone falls to 36. Pace may not like any of them in the first 3 rounds.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
America would benefit if California fell off into the sea.

As for the QB question I think 2 years is enough to show a glimmer of hope if there is any in the kid.

Last edited: