My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
they need to do away with that shit. that and the super fans

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Until something comes along that gives the Bears more of an identity than that team it'll persist. I don't understand why people are so contemptuous of the Bears history and tradition though, do you guys look at the Carolina Panthers or Houston Texans and wish the Bears were a soulless brand occupying an NFL stadium seventeen games a year?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Until something comes along that gives the Bears more of an identity than that team it'll persist. I don't understand why people are so contemptuous of the Bears history and tradition though, do you guys look at the Carolina Panthers or Houston Texans and wish the Bears were a soulless brand occupying an NFL stadium seventeen games a year?

Yeah I get that, but its still cringe worthy and old at this point.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point, the SB Shuffle and most of the SB Winning team seem like caricatures. Everything about that team is so far out of relevance to anything related to the modern game it's more interesting from a curiosity standpoint. The hairstyles, the awful background music, the .85 size of the players, the plays that are run, the speed of the game. Very little translates or relates to modern football. I say this having watched the game live and yelled like the maniacal 19 year old that I was when it was broadcast.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
they need to do away with that shit. that and the super fans

This team just doesn't have the #swag for anything like shuffling, especially if they get rid of players like ANTMILL. Luckily, Fields is a BOSS, the new tackle has some fire, and there's potential for this offense to explode this season.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is what you're worried about?

Bro if we even sniff the Super Bowl they can twerk on stage with Cardi B and Miley Cyrus

not worried. i just know if this team shows any sign of life and with fields, the cringe skits on snl and random local news shows will be terrible

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I like the actual super fans. I hate the people who try to reenact it. When i tailgated at a Bears game in ATL back in 09, my shoulders were up to my ears because of the constant cringing of every single drunk idiot saying "da Bears".

Honestly, look at what you've read on this board over the past couple years. People who watch Mitch and blame everyone else for his performance. Blaming games on a top 4 defense in 2019. The super fans dont seem so dumb, all things considered.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
not worried. i just know if this team shows any sign of life and with fields, the cringe skits on snl and random local news shows will be terrible

I think this is where Field's leadership and a certain unique ability will update our Bears. Outside of Baker Mayfield, Fields is probably the best dancer at QB in the NFL. He could really bring the Bears into the modern era, depending on who DJs Club Dub.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Part of Bears' history. Doesn't bother me. Yes, it's a bit dated but until the franchise can somehow rise to that level we'll be reminded of that most-dominant season and the fandom surrounding it. Seems to bother those who weren't yet around to see it the most. Having lived through it... it was special. I wish the current Bears would rise to that level, but you'll never erase that season. It wasn't just the team's dominance but a nationwide fan frenzy unlike anything that had been seen before and likely won't be seen again.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Part of Bears' history. Doesn't bother me. Yes, it's a bit dated but until the franchise can somehow rise to that level we'll be reminded of that most-dominant season and the fandom surrounding it. Seems to bother those who weren't yet around to see it the most. Having lived through it... it was special. I wish the current Bears would rise to that level, but you'll never erase that season. It wasn't just the team's dominance but a nationwide fan frenzy unlike anything that had been seen before and likely won't be seen again.

I was alive but was only 2

Its just very dated and you get sick of the super fans trope everyone seems to put on Bear fans

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Nah man, I'll play that song until I die and then have it played at my funeral.

Not to delve into the "True Scotsman Fallacy" too deeply, but man, Bears fans should own that shit and tell anybody cringing at the '85 Bears, and anything associated with it, to fuck off!

Cringe worthy my Navy, Orange, and black ass!

This is da bearz, son. Da Bearz. It is what it is and it comes with what it is.

For the way this franchise has performed since '85, and the size of the fanbase that it has, with a lot fans not even from Chicago but falling in love with the Bears back then, yup, like me, you need to own it.

Cringe worthy. That's the dumb shit right there.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah man, I'll play that song until I die and then have it played at my funeral.

Not to delve into the "True Scotsman Fallacy" too deeply, but man, Bears fans should own that shit and tell anybody cringing at the '85 Bears, and anything associated with it, to fuck off!

Cringe worthy my Navy, Orange, and black ass!

This is da bearz, son. Da Bearz. It is what it is and it comes with what it is.

For the way this franchise has performed since '85, and the size of the fanbase that it has, with a lot fans not even from Chicago but falling in love with the Bears back then, yup, like me, you need to own it.

Cringe worthy. That's the dumb shit right there.

Lol I bet you still think Walter Payton was a good teammate too.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

You have fans going to games dressing as Ditka, and media pandering to the lowest common denominator fan because idiots like that are still out there.

Until fans stop that and don't consume Bears content aimed at the mouth-breather contingent, it'll never go away

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I have to throw away my Super Bowl bowl Shuffle album?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
BONUSLean.gif