Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Illinois State Redbirds
If the Bears don't match the offer from the Saints to Cam Meredith, does this change our draft needs? Does WR now sit at or near the top of our needs or is Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel enough? I don't see any WR worthy of a top 10 pick, but maybe in a trade back scenario.

I really like D.J. Moore and think he can be the best WR in the draft. With Matt Nagy and Mark Helfrich bringing with them spread and west coast concepts, Moore’s ability to gain yards after the catch becomes all that more important. While he may not have Tyreek Hill level speed, he can still take a screen 65 yards.

Moore also has the quickness and fluid hips to run the slants, curls, and outs that Nagy’s offense will require. Knowing what we know about the west coast offense, Moore might actually be a perfect fit for both Nagy and quarterback Mitch Trubisky.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
they will match, we will still draft a WR

Likely this. And if we don't draft one, for whatever reason, we have plenty of catchers with our TEs, Mizzell and Cohen. A creative coach can do a lot of damage with that.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Likely this. And if we don't draft one, for whatever reason, we have plenty of catchers with our TEs, Mizzell and Cohen. A creative coach can do a lot of damage with that.

Even if we retain Meredith there is still room for a WR. Most WRs don't hit the ground running. It usually takes a year unless they are really good. White will probably be gone next year, that leaves us with 3 good WRs.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
If the Bears don't sign him then theres something more they know then Saints do.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Everyone sleeping on Gentry huh?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears don't sign him then theres something more they know then Saints do.

If they knew something was wrong they would have put a 2nd round tender or just let him walk in free agency.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they knew something was wrong they would have put a 2nd round tender or just let him walk in free agency.

I wonder why they didn't? I am not buying into this "saints did the bears a favor" narrative.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder why they didn't? I am not buying into this "saints did the bears a favor" narrative.

What is to wonder about about....same reason Fuller was given the same tender.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Maybe. Or maybe they think he’ll take a year fully heal and we’re looking to get him on a 3 year or so deal at a reasonable rate.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe. Or maybe they think he’ll take a year fully heal and we’re looking to get him on a 3 year or so deal at a reasonable rate.

so what are saying...they let him walk because it isn't three years?

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
If pace doesn’t match we are talking about a unproven wr that
Has potential to be a number 2 at most.
IMO Kevin white has more upside he has broken bones but not ligaments

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speed

Liked Posts:
Everyone sleeping on Gentry huh?

If he can learn gunner I'd rather have him than Drops Bellamy. Drops was supposed to be a good locker room guy and he's out here DM'ing teammates girlfriends. Nobody got time for that mess.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like DJ Moore a lot. I think Simmie Cobbs came in. Like St. Brown. Depends on if you want a slot guy, big guy, or speed demon to stretch the field.

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
The Bears will match. That way they can use their draft picks on OL, DL, LB, and CB. Maybe add 1 UDFA WR after the draft. If they retain Cam, they will have plenty of receivers considering their TE's and use of Cohen in the slot.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The Bears will match. That way they can use their draft picks on OL, DL, LB, and CB. Maybe add 1 UDFA WR after the draft. If they retain Cam, they will have plenty of receivers considering their TE's and use of Cohen in the slot.

Yes this. No reason to create a need to draft a WR in round 1-2 when they have holes on defense and could use an o lineman

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Agree. We will get a rate round pick or UDFA to develop at WR.