If the Bears fail to add a QB Tonight

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
SB winning OC. Compare that to the ppl who got HC jobs this yr....right?
Tom Brady? Vita Vea? Suh? Piere-Paul? LaVonte David? I think their defensive front had more to do with the SB win than Byron Leftwich, but ok. (and the fact the Chiefs were down on the OL)

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If no top 5 and (hopefully skip some of the shitty top 6-9s)...

...like to see them get a mid Rd QB and a decent UDFA QB flier (they should know CHI is one of the best chances to stick).
or
...buckle up for June 1st Russel Wilson shot.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
True. I would be total organizational incompetence.

We would have kept a coach, GM, and expensive aging defense, so we could punt on the season.

You can fire Pace as soon as the top 5 QBs are picked if one of them is not a Bear.
Is this all that bad though assuming they fire Pace and Nagy after this year? "Punting on the season" also means giving a new GM in 2022 his choice of coach, and QB, along with what is likely going to be a 20-30M bump in cap space. The aging defense is basically just Mack and Hicks as the other older guys are net negatives who frankly will be cut when their dead money drops to manageable amounts like Quinn and Trevathan.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would love to have B.Daboll or J.Brady.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is this all that bad though assuming they fire Pace and Nagy after this year? "Punting on the season" also means giving a new GM in 2022 his choice of coach, and QB, along with what is likely going to be a 20-30M bump in cap space. The aging defense is basically just Mack and Hicks as the other older guys are net negatives who frankly will be cut when their dead money drops to manageable amounts like Quinn and Trevathan.
But if the plan is to punt, why waste money and picks on a dead man walking regime?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
But if the plan is to punt, why waste money and picks on a dead man walking regime?
Ultimately I imagine its because the ownership group lacks competency and strategic direction. But hypothetically it could be a mix of not wanting to eat all of the garuanteed salary dollars left on GM and coaches contracts and also that the job may be more appealing in '22 and perhaps would attract better candidates. I don't know how much money is being wasted on the current regime as most of the contracts they signed are 1 year deals for fairly minor money - perhaps all of them if you dont include Dalton and the Kicker.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tell me you don't pay attention to the NFL without telling me you don't pay attention to the rest of the NFL.
You were probably blowing your wad when Nagy was hired.