If the bears land jimmy with a 2nd whats your plan

AussieBear

For shits sake, lets say the bears land this fuck with a 2nd and a future conditional 2018 pick... whatcha do??

trade down from #3 and try to recoup this years 2nd and more

lets say bears get the bs panther deal i was pushing awhile back..

you now have jimmy with pick 8 (1st), pick 40 (2nd), pick 72 (3rd), 2018 4th from carolina

so u're looking at.... i could live wiff that... id much rather pay glennon with an exit strategy in play though...

or u sticking at 3 and taking the top blue chip on your board..

AussieBear

Why trade down? Jimmy essentially became their 2nd rd pick. Grab an elite defensive athlete with the 3rd pick.

sound idea... however recouping lost picks and basically only giving up trade position (5 (rd1) and 4 (rd2) spots.. that 3rd and 2018 4th make up for a future conditional 2nd??) for a so called franchise QB.. jeanie us.. hof shat..

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
They're probably taking a QB with one of their top 2 picks anyway, what lost picks are they recouping? Don't play around, just take Hooker with the #3.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you can get "your qb," then draft the best S available. Get your offensive and defensive captain for the next 10 years and roll with it.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Well, since we are going to sign Campbell, Berry, and Johnson in free agency. And franchise tag Jeffrey.
Might as well trade down. Pick up OJ Howard for the offense and then pick up another DB. Grab another DB in round 3 and then......Super Bowl !!!!!!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My plan is to be mediocre with about the #20 pick in the draft for a decade.

Reactions: WCL

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Depends on how deep I think this draft is and what happens in fa besides trading for jg

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Now you're coming around Aussie boy!!

You draft Myles Garrett and call it the best draft since Butkus and Sayers.

Duh.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Trading down in the 1st round to No.8 will still get you an elite prospect and the extra 2nd rounder is gold.

How about Jimmy Garoppolo + (in the first round either Malik Hooker (FS), Jamal Adams (SS), Derek Barnett (OLB) or Solomon Thomas (OLB)

e.g. Solomon Thomas (OLB), Obi Melifonwu (SS), Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE), Taylor Moton (OT), Jake Butt (TE), Damonte Kazee (CB), Chad Kelly (QB), Zane Gonzalez (K)

The above seems a really solid haul to me and not unrealistic.

+ FA: - Ian Williams (NT), Duron Harmon (FS), A J Bouye (CB), Eddie Lacy (RB), Russell Shepherd (WR), Jack Doyle (TE)

+ Re-sign: - Matt Barkley or Connor Shaw (QB), Alshon Jeffrey (WR), Eric Kush (OG), Cornelius Washington (DE), Jonathan Banks (CB)

I'd likely cut Porter and Carey among 1 or 2 others and I do believe the Bears will probably get a draft pick for Cutler but obviously this isn't included.

If Jimmy Garoppolo works out and with the above additions I think the Bears would likely make the playoffs at a minimum.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
For shits sake, lets say the bears land this fuck with a 2nd and a future conditional 2018 pick... whatcha do??

trade down from #3 and try to recoup this years 2nd and more

lets say bears get the bs panther deal i was pushing awhile back..

you now have jimmy with pick 8 (1st), pick 40 (2nd), pick 72 (3rd), 2018 4th from carolina

so u're looking at.... i could live wiff that... id much rather pay glennon with an exit strategy in play though...

or u sticking at 3 and taking the top blue chip on your board..

You're not getting a 1st, 2nd and 3rd from Carolina. First of all, nobody has ever given up their 1st 3 picks in any draft trade in the history of football. Secondly, teams only trade up and give up even half of that much for QBs. Carolina isn't giving up extra picks for a chance to draft a safety or DE (biggest needs).

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If the Bears were able to get Garoppolo for a pair of 2nds, I would definitely look to trade down. The only problem with trading down, is getting a team that wants to trade up. While I would gladly take Watson at #3, from the sounds of things most NFL teams wouldn't. And I don't see anyone trading up for a non-QB in this draft, unless it's a small move like the Bears made for Floyd last year. The problem with that part of this is that Trubisky is the only QB I could really see a team trading up for. That would require SF to either NOT take a QB or fall in love with DeShone Kizer and take him at #2. I'd love the Jets to want to move up from 6 for Trubisky. I also think Cleveland could move up, but then you're talking about Cleveland essentially helping out the Bears by allowing them to recoup their 2nd after they presumably beat Cleveland out for Garoppolo....which I don't see happening.

So, the Bears may very well be stuck without a 2nd if they trade for Garoppolo, but that's the risk they have to take if they want their guy.

But if the Bears can pull off a trade down with the Jets, Buffalo or Cleveland (most likely candidates), I think they'd still be in pretty good shape. At the Jets pick (6), they would be in position to still draft Allen, Hooker, or Adams....as Garrett and 2 QBs go in the 1st 3. At 10-12, the Bears would be in the range to take Solomon Thomas, Marshon Lattimore, Derek Barnett, OJ Howard, or a top WR if Jeffery is gone. If Pace can pull off getting one of these guys, getting his QB, and still having another top 45 pick in the draft, he's a freaking genius who should eventually have a statue outside of Halas Hall.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're not getting a 1st, 2nd and 3rd from Carolina. First of all, nobody has ever given up their 1st 3 picks in any draft trade in the history of football. Secondly, teams only trade up and give up even half of that much for QBs. Carolina isn't giving up extra picks for a chance to draft a safety or DE (biggest needs).

Except your wrong. See Mike Ditka, New Orleans Saints.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You address the Secondary in FA, and draft Corree Davis.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Except your wrong. See Mike Ditka, New Orleans Saints.

Ah, you got me. Still point remains, that's not realistic to expect as Ditka was senile and fired shortly thereafter doing something that stupid.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Idiot talk. No one is getting JG for a second rounder

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Brady and Beliboi are clearly just gonna retire after SB win #5 and let JG and McyD take over

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
I'm not moving if Allen, Garrett or Thomas are there and math would dictate one will be. I'm not passing an elite DL prospect. I think all three will be perenial Pro Bowl level guys.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
They're probably taking a QB with one of their top 2 picks anyway, what lost picks are they recouping? Don't play around, just take Hooker with the #3.

You'd still take him that high with the surgeries?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Now you're coming around Aussie boy!!

You draft Myles Garrett and call it the best draft since Butkus and Sayers.

Duh.

If Jimmy is the QB, they'll get to the playoffs about the same amount as Butkus and Sayers.