If the Bears nail all their picks....

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
but don't get a QB will you be happy? Like if they get 4 or 5 guys that you just LOVE but can't get a QB will this draft be a success for you? Or is this draft QB or bust for you?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Especially if they have to mortgage the future. I’m not enthralled with the quarterbacks in this draft but I would rather have someone who is better than Dalton.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
but don't get a QB will you be happy? Like if they get 4 or 5 guys that you just LOVE but can't get a QB will this draft be a success for you? Or is this draft QB or bust for you?
I think that's the plan anyway. Everyone can squeal for a QB as much as they want but the simple fact is that we're not in a great position to draft one, and presuming that GM/coach jobs are on the line, they're going to be more interested in filling holes and relying on a veteran QB.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Pace is like we have '8' picks. Yeah, 4 are in Rd 6. GL with that

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bringing in 4-5 new young players that will succeed for us at whatever positions they play is a big win but gotta at the very least take S.Ehlinger or I.Book with one of the 6th rounders.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bringing in 4-5 new young players that will succeed for us at whatever positions they play is a big win but gotta at the very least take S.Ehlinger or I.Book with one of the 6th rounders.
Well yeah, they have to at least take a QB somewhere. Was more talking about one of the top 5 or the second tier guys.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I dont see a QB being taken early unless there is a trade up scenario. So no, I dont see it as a bust. As long as we build up the team with solid picks.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
You can get FOUR TOM BRADY'S there!!!
No need for 4 Toms

Ill take 1 Brady, 1 Antonio Brown, 1 Darren Waller and 1 Gardner Minshew as my cheap backup

As bad as Pace is in the 1st, He's worse in the 6th.

Sure finding 6th Rd talent that actually contributes is rare, but its done. I just like how pace was selling 8 picks the other day.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd be happy with that tbh. While I really want a QB (obviously) this team has a lot of holes to fill.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I do think Mond would be a nice pick in 2nd or 3rd. Also like Terrance Marshall and Rashad Bateman as replacement for Robinson. I think Pace will package Robinson as a trade piece today.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No need for 4 Toms

Ill take 1 Brady, 1 Antonio Brown, 1 Darren Waller and 1 Gardner Minshew as my cheap backup

As bad as Pace is in the 1st, He's worse in the 6th.

Sure finding 6th Rd talent that actually contributes is rare, but its done. I just like how pace was selling 8 picks the other day.

I mean that's just how Pace is. He's ALWAYS going to be excited. Don't really give a shit about the sunshine pumping. Its the results that I care about. ( clearly haven't been enough)

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I mean that's just how Pace is. He's ALWAYS going to be excited. Don't really give a shit about the sunshine pumping. Its the results that I care about. ( clearly haven't been enough)
Well I'd be happy if I went from being a Saints line field Painter to Bears GM too.

BUT to answer your original question. Id be happy if two guys became long term quality starters

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yep. Be happy with the draft. Still could trade for a Gardner Minshew and throw him in the competition. Not ideal, but if they don't lose future picks and add big contributors at LT, CB, and WR specifically then they can probably compete this year again and go all in for a QB next year (while actually still having Minshew under contract).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yep. Be happy with the draft. Still could trade for a Gardner Minshew and throw him in the competition. Not ideal, but if they don't lose future picks and add big contributors at LT, CB, and WR specifically then they can probably compete this year again and go all in for a QB next year (while actually still having Minshew under contract).
If we don't get any of the top 5 or the next 2 in Mills or Mond then i'm really hoping they draft I.Book late cause i think he could be a Minshew type but with more running the ball in him.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This draft is all about QB. Its QB or bust to me. At least for this coaching staff.

With Andy Dalton as QB you dont have a chance to be competitive. Not with the schedule that we have this year. You are also making the job tougher on young rookies who have to try and compensate for him.

We need to show promise at the QB position. Its that simple. Other positions aren't going to do much to change the bottom line. We are already down a Kyle Fuller. Even if we get a real good rookie, it only cancels out that move. We need a QB to actually make us a better team

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
It's just another punt then.

I'm sure I'll find another way to talk myself into it if they get their top 2nd round guy but it's definitely not ideal (unless there are some major red flags with all these QBs we don't know about)

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Sure, a better team built around the quarterback they draft next year.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
This would be nailing the draft. Oh yea.

Attachments

• pff_mock_results.png
    pff_mock_results.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 20