If the Bears nail all their picks....

46plank

Liked Posts:
This team needs a QB period. I don’t want to mortgage the future either, but we need someone to lead this team.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If we don't get any of the top 5 or the next 2 in Mills or Mond then i'm really hoping they draft I.Book late cause i think he could be a Minshew type but with more running the ball in him.

I'm not an Ian Book fan, but if you're talking about using 1 of the 6ths on him, I guess he's worth a practice squad spot. If he's the QB2 to Andy Dalton, then I'll have a bunch of free Sundays this fall.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I've always been the opinion that they don't have the firepower to trade into the top 10, so they need to hope one drops. I think realistically we are looking at Jamie Newman.

Splackers

Liked Posts:
From the Rotoworld mock in case you want to know what some in the media think about Pace.

20. Chicago Bears - CB Greg Newsome, Northwestern

LT Charles Leno, RG Germain Ifedi, and LG James Daniels are all entering the final year of their contracts, but I'm not sure Ryan Pace is even aware of that.

Splackers

Liked Posts:
I've always been the opinion that they don't have the firepower to trade into the top 10, so they need to hope one drops. I think realistically we are looking at Jamie Newman.
I would love Newman. To me he fits a mold of QBs that have success in the NFL. Those that come from smaller schools that actually have to develop instead of throwing to wide open guys behind all world OL. Remember when he was expected to go to UGA he was expected to contend for the Heisman and was in the 1st round of all the mocks. Now he’s a little forgotten since he took the year off.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I think it would be great, especially if they shore up OT position. I know a bunch of the posters on this board are in "get a new QB or i throw a hissy fit mode" but solidying the supporting cast isn't the worst thing in the world if the Bears miss out on a QB in the draft. Ask CIN fans what the dangers are of bringing in a young promising QB without having NFL caliber OTs to protect him.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
but don't get a QB will you be happy? Like if they get 4 or 5 guys that you just LOVE but can't get a QB will this draft be a success for you? Or is this draft QB or bust for you?
Success! IMO, to get a QB worth a damn requires a big trade up this year and I don't want the next GM and HC to be draft poor. I'd be ecstatic if the Bears found some great players aside from QB. We'd still lose but hopefully have some good building blocks for the future along with all of next year's draft picks.

A+

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I do think Mond would be a nice pick in 2nd or 3rd. Also like Terrance Marshall and Rashad Bateman as replacement for Robinson. I think Pace will package Robinson as a trade piece today.
I think he will package ARob in a trade also. If there is no trade up or early QB taken:

Jenkins
Farley in 2 (if he falls, and yes, I’m aware of the injury risk and I think that risk is absolutely worth his upside) or Cosmi or Little
Amari Rodgers/Tylan Wallace

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
but don't get a QB will you be happy? Like if they get 4 or 5 guys that you just LOVE but can't get a QB will this draft be a success for you? Or is this draft QB or bust for you?
They have to draft one. The class is too deep. It doesn't have to be a top QB or even a day 2 guy. But they at the very least have to take one, somewhere. Its inexcusable not to.

Outside of getting Fields, i'm not sure there's anything they could do that would make me happy. I'm way too down on Pace and his superiors, to feel good about anything minus getting a QB who could potentially save this franchise. Them drafting 4-5 great players but not having a QB leaves them in the same hell they've been in forever.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
If Ryan Pace hits all his draft pics, the Bears will be an 8-9 9-8 team.....mediocrity is the GOAL!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm not an Ian Book fan, but if you're talking about using 1 of the 6ths on him, I guess he's worth a practice squad spot. If he's the QB2 to Andy Dalton, then I'll have a bunch of free Sundays this fall.
I don't think he's a pure QB but think he could play the kind of role Taysom Hill does for the Saints. The dude is a tough runner and could do some throwing.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pace is not getting fired

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They will win 8-9 games and still have no real hope for the future.

You either have a real QB or you are just participating.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
No QB is ok, IF, they get the O-line in one of the first three rounds and fill other needs.

IF they wait on O-line again till after the third round, and don't get a top 5 QB, it is a failure to me.