If the draft falls this way who are you taking?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Witherspoon
I'm interested to see just how much stock Poles/Flus put into their Long Lean athletic profile vs a players tape that's undeniable in comparison to his measurables. Corner and Tackle stand out the most to me when they speak of that profile. Here's Witherspoon

Screenshot_2023-03-31-15-08-20-81_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
If they draft a tackle at 9 I would fully expect that person to start day 1.
I am just giving the Bears a double safety net.

A vet RT in case Broderick doesn't learn "don't fuckin' look down" when blocking during the offseason. Broderick moving to LT if Braxton is injured (and that vet taking to RT over in this situation).

How hard is it really to learn "don't fuckin' look down"?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There’s always that one guy….

Me: You can’t trade down.

Guy: “yeah Baba I’ll take the trade down please.”
Yep. You can’t tell me that they can’t trade down when Levis is on the board.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Trade back, and at that point i kind of dont care how far back. /s

I go JSN.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'm interested to see just how much stock Poles/Flus put into their Long Lean athletic profile vs a players tape that's undeniable in comparison to his measurables. Corner and Tackle stand out the most to me when they speak of that profile. Here's Witherspoon

View attachment 27969
They took Gordon who is also pretty small. I think they value athleticism at corner a lot. Eberflus seemed to really like Kenny Moore, who is also small. I also think they like guys who can potentially play inside and outside.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I would roll with Broderick Jones or Murphy if the draft shook out that way or I would trade down.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I guess I’d go with Skoronski. Solid ability with (imo) Zack Martin potential at G. Attack OL again in round 3 with a C.

That may push Jenkins to T or Skoronski to C if they don’t take one later, but who cares. It has been decades since they put together a very good OL.

Broderick Jones would be my 2nd choice.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
They took Gordon who is also pretty small. I think they value athleticism at corner a lot. Eberflus seemed to really like Kenny Moore, who is also small. I also think they like guys who can potentially play inside and outside.
Good points. Although I wouldn't call Kyler Gordon exactly small, 5'11 1/2 and 200 LBS we also have to factor in picking in the top 10 where physical attributes and tape are both at premium. I wouldn't hate the pick, I love the player. I'm just playing devil's advocate..Screenshot_20220508-215013__01__01.jpg

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Think he was closer to 190 at the combine.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
1. CJ Stroud
2. Bryce Young
3. Will Anderson
4. Anthony Richardson
5. Jalen Carter
6. Tyree Wilson
7. Paris Johnson
8. Lukas Van Ness

Saw a mock that started this way on the Athletic today and thought it was an interesting start.

Let’s say you can’t get a good trade down… who’s the pick?
@BaBaBlacksheep
O'cyrus Torrence

Last edited:

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still don't think Poles is worried about need...at all.

My guess would be Gonzalez, but agreed on Witherspoon being more their type. So I would expect one of those two.

Lets say one of the corners go and PJJR is still there...I still don't think Poles would take him. I think Broderick Jones is more their style and could plug and start at RT right away.

With that said- pending on a trade down...I feel like #53 is going to be a sweet spot for the Bears to land their starting RT. I think Anton Harrison out of Oklahoma is that guy in that range.