If the playoffs...

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
started today, the Hawks would play the Avs.

they would be favs to win the series obviously, but that'd be a dangerous match-up in round 1.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
started today, the Hawks would play the Avs.

they would be favs to win the series obviously, but that'd be a dangerous match-up in round 1.

If we don't have a dangerous opponent in the first round, we will in the second or third rounds anyway. Not something we're going to be able to avoid unless we lose to an opponent not considered dangerous.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear ya, anyone but the Avs for me too though.

We don't seem to play well at elevation and their youth beats our older defenders up the ice. Worse, they have figured out this counter attack strategy and employ a very effective game plan against us.

In terms of plan to talent ratio, I think they did more against us last year than anyone else, that has continued and they are much better than last year. Rather the Avs have our number than Anaheim, San Jose, Pitt, Boston, and the canadien teams. Hopefully we don't deal with the Avs, but if we do its a chance to exorcise those demons and put them in their place.

Also, for those who like Q, there is a chance Roy rips off one of his own bench members legs just so he can slit Q's throat with a player skate and I wouldn't want to see that. Anyone else please.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no sure but this thread can go into a million different directions after each and every night of nhl hockey. just sayin.

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

And here's all the playoff series that the Avs have won since 2008:

Point being, I'll take the unproven opponent all day. Avs are a team on the rise but they've still gotta prove it in the postseason. Much, much different beast.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And here's all the playoff series that the Avs have won since 2008:

Point being, I'll take the unproven opponent all day. Avs are a team on the rise but they've still gotta prove it in the postseason. Much, much different beast.

I think they have more wins against us in regular season over the last two years than anyone else, but tough to win in playoffs without being there. They are dangerous, especially to us, young, and fiery coach. They play with an unfair elevation advantage in a completely anaerobic sport, and employ a nasty game plan against us.

I stand by anybody but them for us. Its not a quality issue, there are better teams, but these things are always about match ups and for whatever reason we don't match up as good as we are with them. They also have belief because they have held there own against us.

I know they are inexperienced, but why not any of the other 4 or 5 options we could face?

I think its a choice between Dallas, Colorado, Vancouver, Phoenix, and Minnesota, and Los Angeles.

Though the Kings have proven it in the playoffs and have a nasty goalie when right, I still would put them second on the don't want list behind the Avs right now. Then Minnesota and Phoenix, and finally Dallas and Vancouver at the front of the wish list. The next round will be San Jose, Anaheim, or St.Louis likely and I think the quality of that tier with us included is definitely better than the first list.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
and at the end of the day….there are no "easy" series in either conference.

An 8 seed is often a hot team that has been fighting for their lives for weeks and with parity we saw the Kings come out of that spot just 2 years ago.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think they have more wins against us in regular season over the last two years than anyone else, but tough to win in playoffs without being there. They are dangerous, especially to us, young, and fiery coach. They play with an unfair elevation advantage in a completely anaerobic sport, and employ a nasty game plan against us.

I stand by anybody but them for us. Its not a quality issue, there are better teams, but these things are always about match ups and for whatever reason we don't match up as good as we are with them. They also have belief because they have held there own against us.

I know they are inexperienced, but why not any of the other 4 or 5 options we could face?

I think its a choice between Dallas, Colorado, Vancouver, Phoenix, and Minnesota, and Los Angeles.

Though the Kings have proven it in the playoffs and have a nasty goalie when right, I still would put them second on the don't want list behind the Avs right now. Then Minnesota and Phoenix, and finally Dallas and Vancouver at the front of the wish list. The next round will be San Jose, Anaheim, or St.Louis likely and I think the quality of that tier with us included is definitely better than the first list.
I'd think anybody that hangs around the Bulls forum would realize that the regular season =/= post season.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd much rather have a series against a more free-wheeling team like Colorado than a tough, grind-it-out team like St. Louis.

st louis could grind the fuck out of us. scary team.

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk