If Vildor just had some deflection skills..

discplayer

Liked Posts:
This is not a defense of Vildor or saying he will amount to anything, but I have noticed he seems to be sticking on the receiver quite a bit in coverage, but just cannot make a play on the ball. I think that the foot speed, backpedal and hip turn are there for him to play. I don't see him getting roasted often like he did earlier in the year.

I am still holding a little bit of hope for the 2nd year player out of Georgia Southern, that maybe as he gets a better feel for the timing of pro routes he will turn his head around and start making a few more plays on the ball.

His numbers are horrible but I have seen improvements in coverage and he is there to make a play on the ball he just needs to get his head around in time and make the deflection.
I believe he'd be best as our slot/nickel CB

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Fuller was a MUCH better tackler. Something this team is seriously lacking in the secondary (all around really). Fuller was very physical in the run game.
Except when he would duck his head and whiff, which was too often. And the past two years he was less than eager to even try and get into the fray, all to willing to let others do the hard work... Nope, he had his moments but fell off drastically after '19.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Except when he would duck his head and whiff, which was too often. And the past two years he was less than eager to even try and get into the fray, all to willing to let others do the hard work... Nope, he had his moments but fell off drastically after '19.
Sorry I don’t agree with that at all. He was still a great tackler here in CHI.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
LOL @ most of the responses in this fucking thread! A 5th round pick in his second season and his first year starting isn't playing at an All Pro level......OH MY GOD!!!! :kermit:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is a huge chasm between all pro and 150 passer rating against.

He has been fucking terrible. No point sugar coating it.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
There is a huge chasm between all pro and 150 passer rating against.

He has been fucking terrible. No point sugar coating it.

It's also his first year starting and second in the league. I'm willing to give it the rest of the season to see how it pans out.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I said the same thing about him. Look at how many times his coverage is actually good. But it's like he's completely lost once the ball is right in front of him. Like wtf?

Does the motherfucker need to have his eyes checked, or what?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
It's also his first year starting and second in the league. I'm willing to give it the rest of the season to see how it pans out.
Yep. If he gets better as the season progresses and is the backup corner next year then that’s a pretty big win for depth, they’re not doing shit this year anyway. No point in trying to upgrade a position mid season. I wouldn’t mind seeing Graham getting some reps too.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

No doubt. I am just saying lets not pretend people are bagging on him because he is not an all pro. Most of us would be fine with just average CB play. The issue is he has provided bottom of the league CB play.