If we keep Flus but get rid of Getsy...................

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
If he comes out of a bye week and loses badly or even a close game, that might seal it for him. Losing after having 2 weeks to figure out your next opponent, is such a Bears thing to happen…

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I love this place.

One ugly win and we're keeping Eberflus now? He is a terrible head coach. Terrible. Is he a good defensive coordinator? Sure. But you can't bring this clown back for another year.

Bears fans seem to be looking for reasons to be mediocre. "lets do the same things over and over again! Eventually it WILL work!"
I don't think anyone WANTS to keep Eberflus. I think people understand that the Chicago Bears are a Mom & Pop organization run by idiots. There is a chance they keep Matt Eberflus and say that winning more games, and the defense playing better is progress enough to see what he can do with more talent, a new offensive coordinator, and maybe a new QB.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sam Howell, Brian Hoyer, Bryce Young, Chris Dobbs.
Steam rolled by Kansas City, San Diego, Tampa Bay lol, and an epic historic collapse to the Lions.
took him almost a season and a half to win a divisional game.
hired a pedophile as his coordinator., who, regardless of his sexual preference was a terrible hire to begin with!
Gets a player in Sweat and then proceeds to keep him OFF the field in pivotal moments.

The defense, in part, is playing better because Fluser is asking his players what they like and do not like. THIS is a check box in the 'good coach categor' the only one I have seen so far.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They talk about Brian Johnson in this article like the Philly offense is great because of him but if he is a legit contender for the Bears head coaching gig then i hope the Bears do a thorough evaluation because they have the best OL in football, AJ Brown and D.Smith at WR, D.Goedert at TE, D.Swift at RB and J.Hurts was good last year with Shane Steichen as their OC.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Flus has to be fired or the organization has to recommit to him for at least 3 years. Anyone want that?

Why is that you might be asking.

He is going to have to hire two new coordinators for offense and defense. With probably 6+ HC openings all needing to hire coordinators only the bottom of the barrel will come here for a lame duck coach on a prove it year.

Only one prove it year in the history of the NFL actually worked out and that was Tom Coughlin with the Giants who after being a HC for like 20 years finally changed it up.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they keep Flus they will promote Janocko. He is a Shanny guy and he was OC for Minny his last year there.

But… If do they keep Flus the streets of Chicago will be buried in freshly ripped off dicks.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I love this place.

One ugly win and we're keeping Eberflus now? He is a terrible head coach. Terrible. Is he a good defensive coordinator? Sure. But you can't bring this clown back for another year.

Bears fans seem to be looking for reasons to be mediocre. "lets do the same things over and over again! Eventually it WILL work!"
I'd agree to keep Flus as the DC and only if he agrees in the contract to play more pressure.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If they keep Flus they will promote Janocko. He is a Shanny guy and he was OC for Minny his last year there.

But… If do they keep Flus the streets of Chicago will be buried in freshly ripped off dicks.

When was he a OC ?? When has he developed a Qb??

Janocko.

1701283929803.png

Last edited:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd agree to keep Flus as the DC and only if he agrees in the contract to play more pressure.

Never going to happen when he can make more money to simply leave.

Wild scenario that I still don't like, but maybe I could talk myself into.

Bears come out of the bye firing on all cylinders and win out the season, including ending by curbstomping the Jordan Love Packers so badly it gets Matt Lafleur fired.

Eberflus hires Lafleur as OC and Getsy gets demoted back to QB coach.

They keep developing Justin Fields while maneuvering the draft board so Ryan Poles is bloated with draft picks till 2025 to build a championship team.

I would be crazy skeptical, but if it works......

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The guy who has never made a defense good is a good DC. Lol, sure

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's interesting to contemplate various scenarios and I wouldn't begrudge anyone the opportunity this thread provides, but let there be no doubt: Eberflus is gone. Unless he runs the table or something and the team looks completely transformed; they won in spite of themselves in Minnesota so that's one missed opportunity.

Despite the McCaskeys contempt for Bear fans, even they recognize the fanbase would revolt if Eberflus was retained. Beyond that, the embarrassing indiscretions that led to the "resignations" of Alan Williams and David Walker are enough for a conservative family like the McCaskeys to demand change. Eberflus's won-loss record is indefensible.

There is no reason at all to consider bringing Eberflus back.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Sam Howell, Brian Hoyer, Bryce Young, Chris Dobbs.
Steam rolled by Kansas City, San Diego, Tampa Bay lol, and an epic historic collapse to the Lions.
took him almost a season and a half to win a divisional game.
hired a pedophile as his coordinator., who, regardless of his sexual preference was a terrible hire to begin with!
Gets a player in Sweat and then proceeds to keep him OFF the field in pivotal moments.

The defense, in part, is playing better because Fluser is asking his players what they like and do not like. THIS is a check box in the 'good coach categor' the only one I have seen so far.
It appears too that Poles had to have a talk with him about using Sweat more....a DE that was traded for and signed to a huge extension. Flose has no business being a HC right now

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Now everyone wants to talk about keeping Flus and replacing Getsy. If only someone on here brought this up weeks ago.:deer:

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
They talk about Brian Johnson in this article like the Philly offense is great because of him but if he is a legit contender for the Bears head coaching gig then i hope the Bears do a thorough evaluation because they have the best OL in football, AJ Brown and D.Smith at WR, D.Goedert at TE, D.Swift at RB and J.Hurts was good last year with Shane Steichen as their OC.

That Eagle "O" is not looking too hot recently since they forgot to run the ball.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That Eagle "O" is not looking too hot recently since they forgot to run the ball.
Defense isn't what it was last year either. Don't think Shaq Leonard played this week but should play next for them.

Edit: he did play and had a couple of tackles.