If we win out, & saints drop 2 of 3 ?

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
forget about the Rams let's just say they win out. Do we lep frog the Saints if they drop two of their last 3 and we win out?

I know it would then go by strength of schedule I'm too lazy to look it up I'm just wondering if anyone here knows

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
We win tiebreakers against both NO and Rams.

I have been studying those scenarios where the Bears get a bye, but I honestly think this team needs playoff experience more than they need the bye.

I know it sounds dumb, especially because of injuries, but a beginning playoff game at home against a mediocre 6th seed wildcard team does have some experience advantages, especially for the offense.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes....Bears actually have a small chance of getting the 1 seed

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I have been studying those scenarios where the Bears get a bye, but I honestly think this team needs playoff experience more than they need the bye.

I know it sounds dumb, especially because of injuries, but a beginning playoff game at home against a mediocre 6th seed wildcard team does have some experience advantages, especially for the offense.

I can see the argument, but I'd rather have a bye. A bye is an automatic win, hard to wish for anything but that. Not to mention if we do end up and have to play the Rams again, I'd much rather play them with Goff in a freezing cold Chicago, than in a Sunny LA.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes....Bears actually have a small chance of getting the 1 seed

that wasn't the question I know they have a chance it's not even about the number one seed I'm asking if we leapfrog the saints if they lose 2 and we win out...I don't know what the strength of the schedule is when it comes to us and Them

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:

Also, we obviously don't do very well after byes and mini breaks so not having a bye might not be the worst thing.

Madden

Liked Posts:
I can see the argument, but I'd rather have a bye. A bye is an automatic win, hard to wish for anything but that. Not to mention if we do end up and have to play the Rams again, I'd much rather play them with Goff in a freezing cold Chicago, than in a Sunny LA.

Exactly, a bye is an automatic win. To hope to play in the wildcard round over a bye is just dumb as shit. Any team can win in the playoffs against any other team, so for the other idiots, stop assuming it would just be an easy win. I'd much rather skip a round and advance closer to the ultimate goal of a super bowl. Not to mention we would have another week of film on our opponent. And playoff film at that. Much better advantage that way.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
that wasn't the question I know they have a chance it's not even about the number one seed I'm asking if we leapfrog the saints if they lose 2 and we win out...I don't know what the strength of the schedule is when it comes to us and Them

I'm sorry my answer wasn't more clear, but yes...if Saints lose 2 out of 3 and Bears win out, Bears have the tiebreaker. Hence me saying that Bears have a chance at the 1 seed. If Rams or Saints lose 2 out of last 3 and Bears win out, the Bears are the 1 seeed

greg23

Liked Posts:
Wanting to play in the wild card round vs getting a bye sounds like a Matt Nagy in game decision!

;)

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm sorry my answer wasn't more clear, but yes...if Saints lose 2 out of 3 and Bears win out, Bears have the tiebreaker. Hence me saying that Bears have a chance at the 1 seed. If Rams or Saints lose 2 out of last 3 and Bears win out, the Bears are the 1 seeed

no need to apologize thanks

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Home field in January against the California Kid, please.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Bingo. I think even bigger than the 1st round bye is the path to the Superbowl playing at Soldier Field. That, in my eyes, would be HUGE. Against NO particularly, playing there vs. here would be monumental. Bears have been good at home this year and crowd noise is finally becoming a factor at Soldier.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Short answer: Bears have the tie-breaker over the Saints and Rams.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
While I would love to have Goff at Soldier Field in the playoffs I don’t see how they lose to AZ or SF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBEARS32

Liked Posts:
Rams win out and grab 1st seed

Saints lose tonight and than to the Steelers.

Bears win out we grab the 2nd seed.

That sounds good to me

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I am not afraid of going to LA and playing the Rams but going to the super dome and playing the Saints is scary. If we could somehow jump them and force them to play in Chicago in January that would a huge advantage to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
The last few weeks I keep hearing about the cowboys and bears battling for that 3 seed. Everyone is pointing out wanting the Rams on the road instead of New Orleans. They also keep bringing up avoiding Seattle and wanting Minnesota. I dont know about that though. I’d rather get Seattle at home than Minnesota. Not sure why everyone is swinging off Seattle so much. Away from home where they somehow are able to defy odds and get every single call they’re pretty average. I’m really hoping Minnesota can jump them and get the 5. Minnesota is the type of team that an make a run. To be honest Minnesota probably scares me more than Dallas.

And Chicago isn’t catching LA or New Orleans. You’re just wasting your time daydreaming about that.

Nagy can say what he wants but week 17 at Minnesota with Chicago probably already locked in as the 3 and Minny fighting for the playoffs he’ll rest guys. Minnesota gonna come out like mad men and the bears will probably be playing backups and screwing around.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Frankly I think Nagy has this team prepared enough to go anywhere and win, so it doesn't really scare me that we might have to go to NO or LA. Considering how bad the Rams have looked over the last 3 weeks, them losing to either SF or Ari isn't out of the question. Not to mention NO has to play a division game tonight and the Steelers as well, so them dropping 2 of 3 isn't out of the question either. Can you imagine if somehow everything falls our way and next week we are playing for the #1 seed.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

A bye is a free playoff win. You can’t pass that up. No one would.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I don’t see NO dropping two given the value of home field. The Rams could drop one maybe...