If you could draft any QB due to declare in the up coming draft, who would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Is Bortles a turnover machine? If so no thanks.

No. He's a big guy that has some mobility and has made good decisions with the ball. He basically has the same build and mobility as Andrew Luck. Problem is he played at UCF so competition may be a problem. Doesn't really matter because if he declares, as it stands right now, he will probably go top 10.

Nick80

I still think Johnny Manziel would be a good fit in Chicago.

I know a bit more about Manziel than most of the others due to the coverage in the press even over here. Any reason why you think he is a fit in Chi?

That would be something else I would ask, how many of the QBs in the college ranks that could come out this year are first round material/types?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No. He's a big guy that has some mobility and has made good decisions with the ball. He basically has the same build and mobility as Andrew Luck. Problem is he played at UCF so competition may be a problem. Doesn't really matter because if he declares, as it stands right now, he will probably go top 10.

Brandon Marshall played there too, no?

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I know a bit more about Manziel than most of the others due to the coverage in the press even over here. Any reason why you think he is a fit in Chi?

That would be something else I would ask, how many of the QBs in the college ranks that could come out this year are first round material/types?

I don't want the Bears or the Texans getting anywhere near Manziel. Thankfully, neither of them will. He'll go too high for the Bears and Texans will take Bridgewater or Clowney.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Luck's mobility is top 5, so if he's got comparable mobility then that's pretty special.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

TOP 10?

LOL GTFO. Stick to basketball.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For people who want to let Cutler walk and allow McCown to hold the place for a rookie what do you really think we are going to get out of the draft picking at 19?

1[1] Houston Texans: QB Teddy Bridgewater [Louisville]
1[2] Minnesota Vikings: QB Derek Carr [Fresno St]
1[3] Atlanta Falcons: DE Jadeveon Clowney [South Carolina]
1[4] St. Louis [Washington]: OT Jake Matthews [Texas A&M]
1[5] Jacksonvile Jaguars: QB Blake Bortles [UCF]
1[6] Cleveland Browns: QB Johnny Manziel [Texas A&M]
1[7] Oakland Raiders: QB Brett Hundley [UCLA]
1[8] Buffalo Bills: WR Sammy Watkins [Clemson]
1[9] Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DE Anthony Barr [UCLA]
1[10] Pittsburgh Steelers: OT Cyrus Kouandjio [Alabama]
1[11] Tennessee Titans: DT Louis Nix [Notre Dame]
1[12] NY Giants: LB C.J Mosley [Alabama]
1[13] St. Louis Rams: S Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix [Alabama]
1[14] NY Jets: OLB Khalil Mack [Buffalo]
1[15] San Diego Chargers: OLB Vic Beasley [Clemson]
1[16] Green Bay Packers: OT Taylor Lewan [Michigan]
1[17] Miami Dolphins: OT Cameron Erving [Florida St]
1[18] Dallas Cowboys: DT Rashede Hageman [Minnesota]
1[19] Chicago Bears:

What does that leave the Bears with 7 QB needy teams that will be drafting ahead of the Bears?

-Tahj Boyd, who will probably get drafted before us when the run on QB happens.

-A.J McCarron, who based on his talent is a reach in the 1st, despite some experts saying NFL teams love him, but he is not going to make it to pick 51 as the Titans missed on QBs. So we take him at 19 or miss him at 51.

-Zach Mettenberger, torn ACL, character concerns, and a lot like Cutler in his pension for throwing picks.

-Aaron Murray, torn ACL, undersized and who knows if he has the arm strength to make the throws at the NFL level.

-Jimmy Garropollo, I like hometown Jimmy but who knows what his true value is and we have only seen him against division 2 talent.

Last edited:

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For people who want to let Cutler walk and allow McCown to hold the place for a rookie what do you really think we are going to get out of the draft picking at 19?

1[19] Chicago Bears:

What does that leave the Bears with 7 QB needy teams that will be drafting ahead of the Bears?

-A.J McCarron, who based on his talent is a reach in the 1st, despite some experts saying NFL teams love him, but he is not going to make it to pick 51 as the Titans missed on QBs. So we take him at 19 or miss him at 51.

-Zach Mettenberger, torn ACL, character concerns, and a lot like Cutler in his pension for throwing picks.

-Stephen Morris, torn ACL, undersized and who knows if he has the arm strength to make the throws at the NFL level.

-Jimmy Garropollo, I like hometown Jimmy but who knows what his true value is and we have only seen him against division 2 talent.
It's not as if this list was a guarantee, but what would be a guarantee is that one of those teams wouldn't draft a QB because they signed Jay.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
What about Jordan Lynch? I have not watched any of the NIU games, does he look like he could be a late round prospect?

He could be a late round prospect if he the team wants him to play running back. He has the size and vision to be a nice backup running back. He caught a pass this year too so,he may have the hands for it.

As a QB any team would be making a mistake. He's very limited like Tebow. Lynch has absolutely no touch on his passes. His arm is strong and decently accurate but the types of throws he makes are limited which is never going to work in the NFL. He's also not much of an anticipater he throws when he sees a guy coming open.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

1[19] Chicago Bears:

-Stephen Morris, torn ACL, undersized and who knows if he has the arm strength to make the throws at the NFL level.

If the draft went exactly like this, I would pass on QB in round 1. With that many QB's taken that high there has to be a way better value player that fell.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He could be a late round prospect if he the team wants him to play running back. He has the size and vision to be a nice backup running back. He caught a pass this year too so,he may have the hands for it.

As a QB any team would be making a mistake. He's very limited like Tebow. Lynch has absolutely no touch on his passes. His arm is strong and decently accurate but the types of throws he makes are limited which is never going to work in the NFL. He's also not much of an anticipater he throws when he sees a guy coming open.

Thanks. I have never seen him play, I just hear the stats or see highlights, and he obviously he puts up both of those. I just thought it would be a good story, since he is a local prospect.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the draft went exactly like this, I would pass on QB in round 1. With that many QB's taken that high there has to be a way better value player that fell.

This is very much a worse case scenario for QBs in the draft.

So you pass on QB in the 1st what do you do at the QB position? McCown starts for the year and then we go back to the 2015 draft?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

So you pass on QB in the 1st what do you do at the QB position? McCown starts for the year and then we go back to the 2015 draft?

Its actually a feasible option thanks to McCown's performance.

Here's the deal. If there is a QB they like in the draft, then trade up like they did for Alshon. If there is no one Trestman is sold on in this draft, roll the dice for a year with McCown and take a crack at it next year. Don't draft a QB just to draft a QB - wait for there to be a QB you think you can win with, and go get em.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Thanks. I have never seen him play, I just hear the stats or see highlights, and he obviously he puts up both of those. I just thought it would be a good story, since he is a local prospect.

He has said he may be willing to change position in the NFL but his desire is QB. I think he'd be a better backup than Bush has this year if they set him to play rb.

A QB id be interested in drafting for Trestman is Aaron Murray, not sure how far he'd fall because of his injury.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yes. Pick up a QB later in the draft like Aaron Murray, IR him, and sign a FA QB for backup/compete with McCown. Go into 2015 and see what it looks like then. IF I was getting rid of Cutler no matter what, this is what I would do.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That list is an easy scenario. You take Mettenburger. If you wait you can take Murray, Fales or Garappolo. If you like one significantly more than the other 2, you reach in 2.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes. Pick up a QB later in the draft like Aaron Murray, IR him, and sign a FA QB for backup/compete with McCown. Go into 2015 and see what it looks like then. IF I was getting rid of Cutler no matter what, this is what I would do.
If you're going to sit a guy and are looking for a future perennial starter, how can you pass on Mettenburger? It's time to push the QB thing if you don't have Jay and Mettenburger has 1st round value when healthy

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you're going to sit a guy, how can you pass on Mettenburger?

Only because what I have heard about Mettenberger is that he is slated to go in the second round. With the holes on this team now, I would draft a player who can contribute right away in the second. Murray may be able to be had in the 4th.

Edit: If he falls into the third, I would take Mettenberger for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.