If you could take any player

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Andrew Luck.

You got 6 years until he's Rodgers age and hopefully another 6+ after that.

Even with Rodgers in the NFCN the Bears would be nipping on the Packers heels for the division and basically a lock for the WC or division for 10+ years.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we wanted to win now? Aaron Rodgers.

If we want to win for the next 10 years. Luck.

Luck in four years will be what Rodgers is now. I'm not sure Rodgers will still be Rodgers in four years. He might be but time and damage do take their tolls.

ptisme

Liked Posts:
But if you take Rodgers, that significantly weakens a conference opponent. That is twice the value over Luck

Significantly weakens? Lol? Try dagger through the heart at an angle that both lungs and the aorta are shredded.

ptisme

Liked Posts:
Rodgers may be able to play for ten years. He just turned 30. And luck will never develop to be as good as Rodgers.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watt on defense and Luck on offense.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
He doesn't have to be as good as Rodgers to beat the Packers. Rodgers has lost to inferior QBs especially in the playoffs because Ted Thompson doesn't spend in free agency.

Luck gives you a playoff caliber QB who has potential to be the best in the league once Brady, Manning and Rodgers are gone. I seriously doubt Rodgers will play into his 40s. Not because he's not good enough it's just very rare and he may not want to at that age especially if he wins a Super Bowl in his mid to late 30s and may be comfortable leaving the game.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers is incredible but don't short change Luck. He is a bigger, faster, better arm Peyton Manning. Its not just cause he is on the Colts. He is extremely intelligent like Peyton. To me, Manning is the smartest QB in the history of the NFL. Luck is right there. Takes some time, but he is going to win multiple MVP's and superbowls unless something tragic happens to him. I laughed so hard when people were all over RGIII. It wasn't even close. Pocket passer over running QB all day.

Also, Luck is a great runner but only uses it as a last resort. that will keep you in the league for a long time.

ptisme

Liked Posts:
He resigns his own in free agency. Something the rest of the league is emulating.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Does anyone think Luck will take the next step and be the best QB in the league in the next two years? It's hard to doubt Rodgers, but Luck has the ability to do it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does anyone think Luck will take the next step and be the best QB in the league in the next two years? It's hard to doubt Rodgers, but Luck has the ability to do it.
At this point I'll say no because Rodgers is still quite a bit better imo. More clinical passer and take care of the ball better. Also better on broken plays with the ball though Luck is really good too.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers is simply the most gifted QB I think there has ever been. His arm strength, accuracy, his mobility/scrambling ability, his poise in the pocket and his ability to take care of the football at an incredible rate is outstanding.

I think Rodgers is the best pure talent we have ever seen at the QB position.