CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Start utilizing the ignore feature, or more bans are going to be handed out. We went out of our way to fix the code which removes quoted posts as well...which was a knock on the feature, it's fixed. USE IT.

We will not allow people to disrupt the flow of discussion on this site with verbal spats that would make an 8th grader question the maturity of the individuals.

If another poster is detrimental to your experience on this site, use the ignore feature and guess what.....NONE OF THEIR POSTS SHOW UP. Due to the overwhelming creativity of a few of you, it's almost as if they actually did kill themselves and you no longer have to read their posts.

Will be starting to force users to ignore others that they incessantly talk and harp about. We get it...they annoy you. That is like bitching about the food at Applebees constantly yet, there you are....every night...eating applebees.

We don't ask for a lot. It's a very relaxed atmosphere here but some of you are taking complete advantage of that. I have never been one to moderate jack-shit but if something isn't done, this will continue to get worse, which I don't intend on allowing to happen.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
In addition, a person you have on ignore cannot PM you either.

Reactions: WCL

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Does disliking still work with the ignore feature?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If you're ignoring them, why do you need to dislike them for a post you shouldn't even be seeing? If you're seeing it, you're not ignoring them.

Of course, but sometimes negs don't have to do with a particular post, but rather retaliation for being disliked.

Reactions: WCL

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wasn't referring to myself.
My statement still stands. Repping and disliking should only be used for contents of a post, not who the user is. If you're ignoring them, you shouldn't see their post and therefore should have no reason to dislike or rep them.

To answer your original question: I don't know is the answer. I don't get into this whole dislike/rep thing because frankly I don't care nor do I think it matters.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In may not be welcome, but I would like to give my opinion on all the recent problems, banning, flashing lights, etc. that is going on.

From my perspective, there are two separate message boards going on here, the Bears Forum and The Bar. Both are great and are different means of communication with entirely different purposes. I personally am not a blocker of other posters, I don't believe that decreased communications is ever the solution to any problem or situation. I believe that the boards would run the smoothest if the Beaers Forum was regulated, and The Bar was not.

There are 5-10 posters on here that have great creative and comical minds. They crack me up. As big of a Bears fan as I am, I take it quite serious. However, I also like to go to The Bar for really good laughs. These guys are really funny. And the arguing or "spats" that go on are a large part of it. I want them to continue.

My solution is quite simple. Regulate the Bears Forum and even increase the banning if someone is out of line on there. Put in a zero regulation, no banning policy in The Bar, anything goes.

As far as the flashing lights go, I understand the legality and other issues with that. Put in a one year ban for that and that only, otherwise no bans at all in The Bar. It sucks that my favorite and funniest posters on this message board are constantly getting banned, they really are a difference maker in a positive way on this message board. So increase the sentence on that, and they will stop, otherwise let them go.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
In may not be welcome, but I would like to give my opinion on all the recent problems, banning, flashing lights, etc. that is going on.

From my perspective, there are two separate message boards going on here, the Bears Forum and The Bar. Both are great and are different means of communication with entirely different purposes. I personally am not a blocker of other posters, I don't believe that decreased communications is ever the solution to any problem or situation. I believe that the boards would run the smoothest if the Beaers Forum was regulated, and The Bar was not.

There are 5-10 posters on here that have great creative and comical minds. They crack me up. As big of a Bears fan as I am, I take it quite serious. However, I also like to go to The Bar for really good laughs. These guys are really funny. And the arguing or "spats" that go on are a large part of it. I want them to continue.

My solution is quite simple. Regulate the Bears Forum and even increase the banning if someone is out of line on there. Put in a zero regulation, no banning policy in The Bar, anything goes.

As far as the flashing lights go, I understand the legality and other issues with that. Put in a one year ban for that and that only, otherwise no bans at all in The Bar. It sucks that my favorite and funniest posters on this message board are constantly getting banned, they really are a difference maker in a positive way on this message board. So increase the sentence on that, and they will stop, otherwise let them go.

It's posts like this that make you an excellent mod candidate.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If any of you fuckers put me on ignore I will stop talking to you.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils

This isn't a free-for-all and never will be. Constantly berating others and telling them to kill themselves turns the non-football discussion on the site into an 8th grade AOL Chatroom.

If you can't function like an adult, you will be banned. Whether it's The Bar, or the bears forum.

The funniest posters should stop being such dicks. They are funny and I thank a slew of their posts but when they step out of line and are major dickheads, that is detrimental to the posting on the site. I like to post in threads that don't turn into "no you're the fuckhead, go kill yourself" that aren't about the Bears.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This isn't a free-for-all and never will be. Constantly berating others and telling them to kill themselves turns the non-football discussion on the site into an 8th grade AOL Chatroom.

If you can't function like an adult, you will be banned. Whether it's The Bar, or the bears forum.

The funniest posters should stop being such dicks. They are funny and I thank a slew of their posts but when they step out of line and are major dickheads, that is detrimental to the posting on the site. I like to post in threads that don't turn into "no you're the fuckhead, go kill yourself" that aren't about the Bears.

and dislike them, amirite?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Imagine how much nicer this place will be once I get to post in locked threads.